Short toilet thread (1 Viewer)

Apr 8, 2011
Coventry
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
3 years
I don't think the biological stuff works with Male urine which I understand is sterile

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
You need Bio and not pouches as they will only successfully degrade in hot water!
Not sure where you got the last bit from but it is not correct. We often use Lidl Formil bio in pouches and they dissolve fine in the cold water in our cassette. A bit more expensive than the liquid, which we also use sometimes, but more convenient.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 7, 2013
Middlesex
Funster No
MH
VWT5
Exp
I'm a newbie
What dissolves the outer coating when you use them in the toilet? In the washing machine I thought it was the hot water inflow?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
What dissolves the outer coating when you use them in the toilet? In the washing machine I thought it was the hot water inflow?
After emptying and rinsing put about a litre of cold water in the cassette, drop one or two capsules in either through the spout or open the flap. It quickly dissolves.

Nearly all new washing machines nowadays are cold fill only; even our trusty 22 year old Miele is. Modern bio detergents are designed for use on cool or cold wash cycles in order to save energy

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
After emptying and rinsing put about a litre of cold water in the cassette, drop one or two capsules in either through the spout or open the flap. It quickly dissolves.

Nearly all new washing machines nowadays are cold fill only; even our trusty 22 year old Miele is. Modern bio detergents are designed for use on cool or cold wash cycles in order to save energy

A litre? a litre? That is a whole pee!

Bung the capsule in and the pee later.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Long since given up using anything except a big dose of baking soda and vinegar once a year to clean it out

OP
OP
Hymerbell

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
For goodness sake put a Sog in it, they work(y)
I’ve got a SOG but Lenny HB seems to enjoy hanging around the cassette emptying facilities...I prefer other forms of recreation so only like to go there once a week by which time...we’ll I’m not sure if the SOG can cope. Having said that I’ve only had a SOG for 6 days now so am testing it out.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I’ve got a SOG but Lenny HB seems to enjoy hanging around the cassette emptying facilities...I prefer other forms of recreation so only like to go there once a week by which time...we’ll I’m not sure if the SOG can cope. Having said that I’ve only had a SOG for 6 days now so am testing it out.
No smells inside the van but a bit smellier at emptying time, you soon get used to it and don't notice it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back