Shock of All Shock's Re my Fifth Wheel (1 Viewer)

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
We went away for the weekend and had a great time, Mates came with us and it really was a good weekend, While I was away I found out about new Navara, so Tuesday tried to order one as it would be ideal for me with fifth wheel, couldn't order it as Nissan don't have any prices or anything so left Number for when they have, Got home told wife all about it then it happened :Eeek::Eeek:

We have an holiday booked to tour Europe Starting June to October, She said she couldn't go because she hated traveling in the Navara whilst towing the 5er she was terrified, I had noticed she was quiet but thought she was tired as we had had a very good weekend, But no, she is adamant, If I tow 5er she will be either staying at home or flying :cry::cry:

So as a result my beautiful 5er is for sale :-
It is a Kountrylite 26RL low profile with all the extra's, Long settee's in lounge, It has the Full deluxe pack, It has also got fitted the power plus automatic leveling system which is fantastic, one touch of a button and the unit is perfectly level within a minute.

anyone interested please PM me for details.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Wow Les,
sorry to hear that youve only just got it.
So what doesnt she like about it, is it that it seems so big and she is worried that if something happens and you cant drive it she would have to , if so send her to have a talk to Zaskars missis and me, we both quite happily drive ours. I must admit that im not a good passenger when Bill drives ours, as i found out on our return journey from Camarthen (first time he has driven this one)

maggie

OP
OP
LesAshmore

LesAshmore

Free Member
Jan 20, 2009
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 990MHV
Exp
30 +
No I don't think it is that Maggie, after I had cooled down a bit last night we had a long talk, a good few years ago I had an accident whilst driving a lorry which wasn't my fault and it was a bit touch and go for a while.
She say's that all she can see whilst we are traveling is the trailer jack knifing and going through it all again, I have tried to explain that won't/can't happen but she cannot rest.

She say's that she knows it won't but that is all she can see whilst traveling, So I made the decision that I don't want to go touring and neither of us enjoy it, ie her because of unit, me because of her worries so I am going back to a MH,

I don't think anyone will ever know how much I am hating this decision :shout: but we have been together for 43 years and we have never been on holiday apart so I am too old to start now. :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Unfortunatley its just one of those things, some people can not fly and no matter what you say or do they willl not/can not change their minds.

Some people cant handle hieghts, some people cant handle manic fair ground rides, some people are terrified of swimming and the list goes on

Its just not worth the upset and IMO your doing the right thing.

There's nothing worse than being forced in to doing something that frightens you.

Jim
:Smile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
sorry t hear that les .the 5er family was growing grand. hope you get sorted soon .isnt much to say but never mind get a m,home or 7.5 ton truckcamper much better .cheers alan.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
WIFE
FOR
SALE:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:
See Les:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
the wife maybe cheap but the settlement very costly.
best give her a quid n say go fetch a newspaper then load up and disapear.
dont mean it really .

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Cheer up!.......Its really not the end of the world!

just buy a motorhome? a bit easier to drive and to manoeuvre, and you can pull in anywhere etc.....

I had 3 4x4 pickups and 2 demountable campers from 2000 to 2006. best thing I did was change to a decent German built van:winky:

trishajack

Free Member
Apr 11, 2010
Kinross shire
Funster No
MH
Merc 609D Conv
Exp
2 months
I think you are a very nice man for making that decision I know how "attached" men get to their toys.:Smile:

Wheelie

Free Member
Sep 26, 2009
Whitehill Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
2nd year
Sorry to hear your news Les, i had a similar experience when we were to emigrate to Australia, it took me 2 years and 2k to get letters from all of my old employers stating that i had been given the training that was the basis for our application, just about to pay another 800 quid for the visas then Jan says "i dont wont to go and leave all my friends". BUMMER :Doh:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Is it the Nav that she does not like - would she be happier with a Yank truck pulling it ?? I know at times my missus is a bit apprehensive particularly in high winds or when there is complicated road junctions - she is not worried about us - just the rest of the fools on the road :ROFLMAO:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Is it the Nav that she does not like - would she be happier with a Yank truck pulling it ?? I know at times my missus is a bit apprehensive particularly in high winds or when there is complicated road junctions - she is not worried about us - just the rest of the fools on the road :ROFLMAO:

Thats a really good question.

Have you ever towed it with anything else??

We used to have a Nav and used it to tow a big trailer with a heavy access platform all over the country. My wife only came once and refused to do it again as she was terrified at the way the Nav towed and got blown around. Since chopping in the Nav and getting the Ford F150 Lightning its never bothered her and she happily jumps in and off we go.

Might be worth asking if anyone is near you with another pick up that could tow your 5er and see if she likes it in another tow vehicle.

Just as a matter of interest have you had the Nav upgraded (chipped and airbags etc??)

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
les. did your wife ever travel with you in a truck?
i prefer the small trucks like my mitzy or the isuzu.
drives more like a truck ,carries 7 people if necessary.
be a shame to get rid ,atleast in a truck you are higher up in the air giving better vision . why am i telling you this .you drove trucks i believe.
hope you sort it .cheers alan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back