Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Preston, Lancs
Funster No
MH
Hymer B534 (1994) - Hetty
Exp
Since 2014
On the 1st October subs will rise to £15 a year, a price calculated to counter the direct costs of running the club and the amount of work it takes to administer. And, importantly, still offer fantastic value to Funsters.

Bargain. Saved more than that with just one piece of advice and that is without going into all the help and time Sifta Sam gave me. Plus it can be quite a giggle on here and at the rallys it must be said.... :party2:

I reckon you should put it at £15 minimum but with ability to anonymously add more should a Funster feel like it.

Bravo Jim and Sian :clap2::clap2::clap2:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Well as we sit here on a MHF meet in the pouring down rain and reflect upon the weekend, the fellow funsters and the laughing I ask myself "can I justify another fiver a year?".

It's not a difficult decision to make and barely took 2 seconds. "You bet ya I can!"

Jim & Sian thank you for working so hard and introducing us to lots of new friends :clap2:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Jim & San thank you for working so hard and introducing us to lots of new friends

Yes Jim, thanks a bunch; and then you want even more money, Jeez most of them are Welsh for Christ's sake, these two Taffies popped in to see us last week-end on the scrounge for a cuppa and some crumbs from the table...... They were peering through the windows before I could slam the door and pretend we were out....... surely I should get reduced subs as a result, pretty please......

Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
oh dear sometimes things come along
and bites yer only just got over the shock
of paying last years subs

any chance of paying monfly
in arerrs
its gonna take me mnoths to pluck up
the courages( now thats a nice beer) to ask her
for a raise me pocket moniy

espshlly after last years loan for fun membreship

anyway back to keeping warm in thes auster
days been thinking of a pgeon pie
gonna have to resort to an air pie now

:pray::beerchug::pray::beerchug::pray::beerchug::pray::beerchug::pray::cheers::pray::pray2::pray::beerchug:
:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::welc:

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
ive found this forum to be very informative and if I take into the calculation ,the savings on buying a MH from Europe, its a no brainer , I spent £20.00 (kesriel is my other half) and going by what I read on here I decided to order my mh from Europe and saved around 22k on the brit price .
a fiver does not even buy you a gallon of diesel or a night on a cl these days

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
:clap:
I'm happy with the the increase because if Corbyn nationalised this British institution the subs would go up to at least £20 and it would only be accessible in normal office hours. :)

oeer DBK , your pushing providence there(y) , you could have been sin binned to the belly locker for that one:smiley:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
£15 don't you know i'm Scottish, I thought i'd do a pros and cons list to see if it was worth it.

i come on here get nothing but cheek and insults then i read one of old mo's jokes and feel even more depressed than i was at the start. Also i have a daughter whos just headed off to Uni and is spending my money as if its going out of fashion and you ask me for more money.

well thats the pros really struggling to find any cons :):).

On a serious note the money i have saved due to the help and assistance on here is incredible, over the years i've saved a few £ here and there until this year as i have just ordered my new van from Germany with a saving in the region of £16k so i think you'll be stuck with me for a wee while yet.

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Jim, you are Sian are amazing! You really shouldn't worry about losing members; anyone who can't appreciate how much you two do in keeping Fun the way it is isn't worth keeping! Ron and I have only been members for a year, but it has been one of the best years of our lives simply because of Fun. We have laughed so much, made amazing friends and learned so much.
Like many we find money tight, with Ron being a pensioner ( :rofl: ) and Jon off to Uni, and yet another mouth to feed (thank you for Taffy too!) but in the scheme of things £15 for a whole year is nothing!
Thank you....and long may you reign supreme as King and Queen of Fun! :party:

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
No problem ..... I ll just have to do a bit more Busking .....

Scunny high street here i come ......
You better not pinch my pitch :mad:
busker.jpg

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Keep up the good work mr&mrs Fun Can't leave now young man! I,m soon gonna have another 4 years of;

"By the way, did I mention the Mighty Ones:notworthy2: are the RWC Champions? for the third time!!!":rofl:

Do I need to top up that 3 year thingee I got last year?

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I'm one of the original members from 2007 and when Jim first charged for subs I refused and for 4-5 years was a read only member. Earlier this year I decided to subscribe and Pat and myself have been on 4 excellent meets with Fun and very friendly Funsters.
I definatley will be staying and truly wish I had subscribed a lot earlier.
Thanks Jim and Sian for all the hard work providing this excellent site.

John, Pat.

Aug 31, 2015
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt, AS Winchcombe
Exp
since 2013
i'll cut out this weeks curry takeaway and save the money for next years subs :LOL:

seriously - the amount of info on here is well worth £15. Anyone who chooses not to renew either thinks they know everything already or just does the same old thing with their MH every time they go away (same site, same routine....) and therefore doesnt need to ask questions and has little new to impart.

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
From the first meet at Llanwenog when I didn't even realise it was your home, which you both welcomed us into as new members, to the brilliant holiday we have just spent with Dawn and Martin, that would make the subs well worth it.

But add to that the meets attended, the rally in Spain and all the Funsters met there and in Portugal, a mad hen night, so many amazing nights in a marquee, a wonderful week with Funsters in Dorset, did I mention the new friends met, cancellation of the CC and C and C memberships, £15 a year? For us it's a no brainer.

Did I mention new friends met..... I think I did, but I kept the best till last... Some will have already guessed, but for those who haven't...

image.jpg

;)

You're stuck with us for a long time to come!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back