Shiny and new just saying hi! (1 Viewer)

Newbie4114

Free Member
Jul 29, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
Shiny and new
Hi guys just saying hello we’re picking up our Moro home on Sunday, don’t know whose more excited us or the kids at the moment, we’ve always been campers, last four years had a sited tourer all plugged in so have lots of questions about how you manage when not plugged in any advice and hint etc gratefully received.

Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Little Boy Reaction GIF by Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Newbie4114

Newbie4114

Free Member
Jul 29, 2021
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
Shiny and new
Loads of batteries & solar panels.
Hi thanks I’ve found so,etching online about working out how much charge you use and then doing some complicated looking sum to see what size panels to get but it literally went right over my head 🤯😂

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Hi thanks I’ve found so,etching online about working out how much charge you use and then doing some complicated looking sum to see what size panels to get but it literally went right over my head 🤯😂
Really depends on your usage, we use about 20 - 25 ah a day in the summer 35 shoulder season & more in the winter. We have 3 x 80 ah Gel batteries & 300 Watts of solar.
Need to take in to account battery weight, a 80ah Gel or 100 ah standard battery weight around 28 kg.

One of the most important things newbies overlook is payload & axle loading, we have a payload of 1350kg and fully loaded have 300kg spare.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Solar - fit as many panels as space/budget/weight allows. Same for batteries. Good quality branded controller (Victron for example). There isn't a magic calculation really, just for what you can and test yourself how long it lasts. Diesel heaters as an alternative or additional to gas/electric are popular.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back