Shining a dull motorhome (1 Viewer)

Aug 21, 2013
deeside
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
first year
Hi this is my first post but I have seen that you funsters know everything so here goes my rapido is looking very tired the paint work is dull and the stripes are faded I have already bought the stripes but I need a business to do the detailing I saw on another website about using WD40 to get the shine back has anybody tried this

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018

Just found this. Might help.

There was a similar thread on here recently. Worth a search

Upvote 0
Oct 31, 2019
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape 674
Exp
“ I’m a newbie”
Hi Glyn,
get some silky and apply after washing & drying.... using a damp cloth put on a small area and buff off, works well on windows as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Silky.png
    Silky.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
I don’t think WD40 is good for bodywork!!!!! (I may be wrong) but if it’s that bad you need to go and get it done by a professional polisher who knows what they are doing, it does cost a lot of money about £300 give or take on size of Mh but well worth the money in the resulting beautiful finish. I had mine done last year (Sep) and it’s still lovely and shinny !!!!!!!
although you live up in north wales area you may want to consider having a little jaunt away to Nottinghan area where LG polishers are a chap called Liam who takes pride in the finish of his work and has been doing mhs fir over 10 years so he knows a bit or two about the game. I will forward his contact details if you want ok Good luck
phone No 07709 924030

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Hello, and welcome. In my experience W.D. has many useful qualities, but as a lasting lustre liquid is lacking longevity.
In the trade it's also known as LBS, or liquid bull s%$t. The top oxidised layer of paint has to be removed,not to fiercely, just enough to let the old girl sparkle again. Good luck.
Mike

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G
Aug 21, 2013
deeside
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
first year
I don’t think WD40 is good for bodywork!!!!! (I may be wrong) but if it’s that bad you need to go and get it done by a professional polisher who knows what they are doing, it does cost a lot of money about £300 give or take on size of Mh but well worth the money in the resulting beautiful finish. I had mine done last year (Sep) and it’s still lovely and shinny !!!!!!!
although you live up in north wales area you may want to consider having a little jaunt away to Nottinghan area where LG polishers are a chap called Liam who takes pride in the finish of his work and has been doing mhs fir over 10 years so he knows a bit or two about the game. I will forward his contact details if you want ok Good luck
phone No 07709 924030
Thanks I will be in touch do you think he would be willing to do the stripes as well

Upvote 0

flatpackchicken

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2010
BICESTER OXFORDSHIRE
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I8000
Exp
Since nov 2009
Thanks I will be in touch do you think he would be willing to do the stripes as well
Don’t know ask him !!!!!!! If not he may know a man who can near him lol :)
Good luck
Have a look at his link on fb great pics see fir yourself :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back