Shieldaig (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi , I have been given very rough directions to a place at Shieldaig that is a nice place for a night or two. Just a water hose and an honesty box. Does anyone have any more info on it?

Thanks

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
One of my favourite places. Just as you were told only water WC and the most magnificent views over Loch Shieldaig. Pub in the village.
Google Map of Shieldaig

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Magical place. The 'campsite' is above the village with an honesty box at the entrance and there is a public loo down the hill; very clean and well kept - it had hot water when we were there a few years ago.
My son and I climbed Ben Alligin (which lies across the loch - I think it is visible from the campsite) whilst wife and daughter stayed behind and sunbathed. Local lads sold them fresh mackerel which they barbecued. I think we got the best deal as the view from the top of the mountain over to the outer isles was unforgettable (and I don't like fish!)
But that was probably 10 years ago; the weather was wonderful and we camped in a tent for a few days. Two or three years back, we stopped by again in the motorhome but it was raining stair rods and the campsite looked a bit too soggy for my liking so we moved on to Lochcarron.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• Ben Alligin.jpg
    Ben Alligin.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 14

blamehofman

Free Member
Oct 31, 2010
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2 years
A fantastic area also worth the drive to Torridon past some brilliant scenery and three magnificent mountains Beinn Alligan , Liathac , and Beinn Eighe then along to Kinlochewe and Loch Maree one of the most beautiful Lochs in Scotland . There is a free camp site at Torridon but for tents only and a Caravan Club site at Kinlochewe . Some excellent walking to be had too for all capabilities at the Beinn Eighe nature reserve.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back