Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Blighter won't pay the rent he owes me
I've tried the electoral roll but you need his address true i want to take him to the small claims court but they require his residential address can anyone in help in telling me the best way to get his address.

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
I suppose you could try and follow them home ... :cautious:

or send him an email, saying you have some money to post to him ... :eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sonny
Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
In effect he's a thief he would suspect me following plus thanks for the address I need a victorian post code thanks

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
Broken Link Removed has a reasonable search facility and you might find enough results with the detail blanked out to justify paying for the complete details.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Do you have a phone number or vehicle registration?

Another route might be social media, Facebook or Twitter?

OP
OP
sonny
Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Podney he has moved sorry I didn't make that clear it's his new address I need. Cheers.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Do you know he has the means to pay?

If not you could be wasting both time and money. Depends on how much he owes you if its worth the hassle. Me being me though...I know I would probably try getting what I'm owed so good on you!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You might want to sue him at his last known address:whistle:

OP
OP
sonny
Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
He has the money his last address was my house which is now rented by my grandaughter.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Are you able to deduct the unpaid rent from his security deposit ?

Did you credit check him as part of your due diligence?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
from personal experience I suggest you just let it go, be grateful he left it fit for reuse

we have been very badly let down by tenants over the years, learnt to move on and be grateful as in all cases it could have been worse

in your case he could still be in there at not paying, the trash it when you get heavy

breath and move on :)(y)

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I agree with @DavidG58 Our last tenant cost us the best part of 15k in unpaid rent, solicitors fees to evict and repairs to make it habitable again. The deposit was of course withheld but it barely scratched the surface.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Podney he has moved sorry I didn't make that clear it's his new address I need. Cheers.
Do you know where he works,they may help or you could catch him as he leaves,but have some back up.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Do you have any information at all on him?

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Take the doors off,disconnect the leccie and the water

Irrelevant here as the tenant has fled the nest but generally not a good idea. It is a criminal offence under section 1 of the Protection From Eviction Act 1977, punishable by up to 2 years free board and lodgings at public expense.

IMG_0858.JPG

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
You might want to sue him at his last known address:whistle:

It's the judgement you want though

I thought you were joking, wouldn't have thought of that, but how can you ever recover anything from him without an address ? are you not just in danger of getting a black mark against the address, we have had a few issues with new tenants getting hassle over old tenants debts :( just because they live in the same house

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I thought you were joking, wouldn't have thought of that, but how can you ever recover anything from him without an address ? are you not just in danger of getting a black mark against the address, we have had a few issues with new tenants getting hassle over old tenants debts :( just because they live in the same house

You have 6 years to enforce the Judgement which gives you time to trace the debtor. Yes it does leave a black mark against the address.

OP
OP
sonny
Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
I think I will be patient and see if I can find out where he lives then go to court
He lives very close to me about a mile I have to be carefull as he gets very aggressive and has been very nasty to my grandaughter (verbally ) and has been reported to the police but being patient might pay off.
Thank you all for your help.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I think I will be patient and see if I can find out where he lives then go to court
He lives very close to me about a mile I have to be carefull as he gets very aggressive and has been very nasty to my grandaughter (verbally ) and has been reported to the police but being patient might pay off.
Thank you all for your help.

Is it really worth further risk to her?

If it is one months rent, you could spend the same again chasing it, then add in the time, heart ache and stress :( harder to do for the first time, it will feel like you have let them off, but from my experience it really is easier to let it go

You might get lucky, some of my worst tenants have been stupid enough to give new landlords my mobile for a reference :LOL::LOL:, that conversation is quite satisfying (y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Is it rea
If it is one months rent, you could spend the same again chasing it, then add in the time, heart ache and stress :( harder to do for the first time, it will feel like you have let them off, but from my experience it really is easier to let it go

You might get lucky, some of my worst tenants have been stupid enough to give new landlords my mobile for a reference :LOL::LOL:, that conversation is quite satisfying (y)

Couldn't agree more David
When we first started letting properties we were obsessed with not having an empty property.

That was until we had our first bad tenant.

Spent thousands chasing them for rent owed. Having got a CCJ spent even more money getting an attachment of earnings order, only to find that he left his job the week before.

I'd won a moral victory, but paid a high price, both financially and in terms of stress and heartache.

Leaned a very valuable lesson from that;

No tenant is better than a bad tenant. We always credit check and take a deposit now and have not had a bad one since.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back