Sherbourne, Eton, Devon or Windsor? (1 Viewer)

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
Hi All,

Now the money is coming soon..... So our purchase is getting nearer. I have been looking on Auto Trader and have looked at some MH's at a local dealer and have come to a conclusion that I like Auto-sleeper MH's. Over any other UK based maker. I like some of the Hymer MH we have seen but some facilities are Lacking in these although I do like the external storage boxes for all the extra outside kit you need... Hose, Ramps, wheel clamps etc.

Now I would dearly like as much help as possible about the Eton, Sherbourne, Devon and Windsor models as possible. I have also considered the EK Nuevo and Inca with end lounge, I haven't seen these in the flesh however. Does the Inca have benches long enough to make up single beds?

Auto-sleeper seem to have the right sort of lay out and good quality finish on most of their MH's I wonder how you feel they perform in everyday use.

Is there anything to avoid? Anything you see as essential you feel we need to include? Which base vehicle is recommended? Do many Vans have cab air-con? Do I go for an Auto? Once we have the MH we intend to use in on the continent as well as here in the UK, are they up to European travel.

My age range will be from 2000 - 2009 depending on price and spec. I would rather have a low profile although with the Serbourne we would need the over cab bed as the bench seat will only make a single for us. Although there is just two of us we like single beds and not a double.

All thoughts welcome.....
Thank you.:thumb:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We had a 2007 A/s Windsor which we kept for 3 years and only sold it to get a m/h with fixed beds which they didn't build at the time. I believe things have moved on now with their designs (ie fixed beds) so we will certainly be looking at them when we next come to change.

Prior to the Windsor we had a A/s Duetto and were very pleased with both vehicles and with the service provided by Autosleepers at their service center next to the factory in the Cotswolds (always a lovely place to visit). Perhaps I shouldn't mention it on here but there is also a very good, active owners club.

Brian

P.S. :welcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
If you have the time a visit to Broken Link Removed may shed some light on layouts, length of benches etc

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Hi All,

Now the money is coming soon..... So our purchase is getting nearer. I have been looking on Auto Trader and have looked at some MH's at a local dealer and have come to a conclusion that I like Auto-sleeper MH's. Over any other UK based maker. I like some of the Hymer MH we have seen but some facilities are Lacking in these although I do like the external storage boxes for all the extra outside kit you need... Hose, Ramps, wheel clamps etc.

Now I would dearly like as much help as possible about the Eton, Sherbourne, Devon and Windsor models as possible. I have also considered the EK Nuevo and Inca with end lounge, I haven't seen these in the flesh however. Does the Inca have benches long enough to make up single beds?

Auto-sleeper seem to have the right sort of lay out and good quality finish on most of their MH's I wonder how you feel they perform in everyday use.

Is there anything to avoid? Anything you see as essential you feel we need to include? Which base vehicle is recommended? Do many Vans have cab air-con? Do I go for an Auto? Once we have the MH we intend to use in on the continent as well as here in the UK, are they up to European travel.

My age range will be from 2000 - 2009 depending on price and spec. I would rather have a low profile although with the Serbourne we would need the over cab bed as the bench seat will only make a single for us. Although there is just two of us we like single beds and not a double.

All thoughts welcome.....
Thank you.:thumb:

I ve a 1996 Autosleeper Excelsior Two berth sounds as though the layout may suit you.
One bed 6'3" one 6'5".
2.5TDI Diesel on Ford Transit base.

5 years owned no hint of major trouble prices vary but look round.
Roger:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
4matt

4matt

Free Member
Jan 15, 2013
East Riding
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie in my second year.
I've sent you a PM

I must be real Thick, can't seem to find my PM's on this forum. I had a notice to say it was there but it didn't pop up and now I am lost:Blush:

Thanks anyway..... and thanks to the other helpers so far too....

EDIT.... Now Found The PM's Thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Go to the top of this thread and you will see WELCOME (your name) below is the text Private messages. Just click on that.

You beat me!:roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back