shepton show cancelled in january (1 Viewer)

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
sign of the times ...sad to see the show cancelled in january was the first show we ever went to ,15 years ago and it was rammed ,and now may be lost forever .a shame really as we always thought the shepton show was the start of our camping season .:Sad:

OP
OP
Silkcut1105

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
shepton show

we never really went to shepton to buy anything big it was just a starting point for the year and yes it was always damp and cold ,1 year we got snowed in ,i think it was in 2000 ,but still had a good time .gonna miss it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We have been to it a few times but it has been cancelled a few times of recent years due to the weather and the cost of attending for a day to walk around just a few stalls in a couple of hours really was not worth the money. From a commercial decision if I were planning to exhibit there I would seriously look at return over cost also bearing in mind the preparation needed and the time lost after the show.

Bearing in mind the weather we have been having - the fact that quite a few roads are currently closed in that general area. The economic climate etc etc I think it is a sound commercial decision they have made and look forward to a spectacular April show from them :thumb:

OP
OP
Silkcut1105

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
shepton show

i agree .lets hope it not a sign of the recession getting worse .but as you say i hope aprils show is still on.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It's also to be hoped that Warners' new spoiler at Harrogate doesn't ruin the Newark show the same weekend and reduce overall choice for the public.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ValinFrance

Free Member
Nov 1, 2011
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Shepton show....

Hi, just checked the calendar and we will be in the area in April so will pop by... if anyone on here is going and would like to meet up, let us know!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back