Sheer Volume of LVs in Cornwall Yesterday (1 Viewer)

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Lived just over the Tamar Bridge into Cornwall for 12 years and never ventured out in July and August ! Work then home !
Same here, I was based out of Devonport for many years and was lucky enough to get married quarters over in Cornwall. It was a wonderful place to live as long as you spent summer somewhere else!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Now one has to ask what is the difference between

LV = Leisure Vehicle
and
RV = Recreational Vehicle

I suppose LV is 'more laid-back man'

LV = Stiff upper lip English Gent Description.
RV = American slang. ;)

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
On the radio today the Chief Constable of Devon and Cornwall said that the South West was full and not to go there without a booking at the very least. He also said that emergency/rescue services are overstretched and 999 calls are 30% up on normal times.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
On the radio today the Chief Constable of Devon and Cornwall said that the South West was full and not to go there without a booking at the very least. He also said that emergency/rescue services are overstretched and 999 calls are 30% up on normal times.

I can concur with the medical services comment by the CC. The ambulance service and A&E in D&C are almost overwhelmed from what I could see during my visit.

I crushed my hand the other day in a garden accident, resulting in my flesh being wripped away from the fingers and leaving the tendons exposed.

My local hospital was Derriford Teaching hospital so off I trotted to get it examined by the Plastics consultant. She was absolutely fantatsic but she did mention how busy they were - the sun had brought out the masses including some stupid folk too.

It was interesting to see that a third of the Emergency Department attendees were local old folk; a third were foreigners and people from outside the county and the final third were kids of holiday makers who had broken their legs and arms while playing (I counted over a dozen of them).

The air ambulance was getting a fair few hours on its clock too.

We were there to help out my parents in law but it does go to show that holiday makers put a huge strain on local resources.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I crushed my hand the other day in a garden accident, resulting in my flesh being wripped away from the fingers and leaving the tendons exposed.
My local A&E reported that during the lockdown they have had an unprecedented increase in DIY and gardening injuries.
I've taken that on board and just sit under my cherry tree with a beer. ;)

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
My local A&E reported that during the lockdown they have had an unprecedented increase in DIY and gardening injuries.
I've taken that on board and just sit under my cherry tree with a beer. ;)
Which is fine as long as no one cuts the begger down whilst your sat under it.:LOL:

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
Here’s a completely different take on it...

We spent last night in Praa Sands car park, after the previous 10 nights in W Cornwall. There were 5 vans including us. Two of the others were regulars who stay for the season each year. They are friends of the owner and were delightful people, as was the owner. We were made to feel very welcome.

Over the weekend, the wonderful site where we spent most of our time (and have been going to for the last 30 years) was almost full, but the crowd only stayed for the weekend then left. SD was observed meticulously and outside the weekends you could have had your pick of pitches.

We avoided the more famous beaches and headed for the less well-known and there was never a problem. The coast path was also very sparsely used and any walkers all showed respect and distancing to others.

It was a wonderfully relaxing break.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back