Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Ours turned up yesterday.. they are slightly shorter than expected but awesome quality. . Ordered a couple more with that code .. once again.. thanks for the heads up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
He has to be nice..... I've got the van that he wants to take on holiday........ :xThumb:
Well, he ordered two for the Mercedes but now I'm up against my daughter who has decided that she would like to keep them. Some negotiations required, I think.......

OP
OP
Mr Ed
Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
However much business has this thread produced for Skyskyns???Ours have arrived and we did get the discount retrospectly but slight issue with colour of 1 skin,sent sack and new 1coming next week or so.Great service.Glad I asked the original question and thanks for all the replies ........Martin

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I'm beginning to think they only have so many Skins in at a time and the extra orders Fun has created must have stretched their supply's , anyone going to Skye next year it is well worth a visit, for rugs to be used as seat covers you do need the large size.

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Sh*t !! Serves me right for being hasty and trying to get it right with
HWMBO!! Just going through the guff on Motorhome we will be getting soon and realised the seat has been changed from our current one. Never mind, in for penny or several and there was me thinking I was done with this spending lark.
I keep telling her yer can't take it with yer. Only joined this club November and at this rate be bankrupt by Spring. LOL

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Sorry,forgot to give the SkyeSkyns people a mention. Very helpful,
sorting out two large patmats which they have asured me will have no paint marks ect on. With the issue on size I thought better play safe.

Apr 7, 2008
Garstang, Lancashire, UK.
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RB
Exp
Since 1968.
Hi we have three sheep skins from Skyskins had them a few years now, they are not seat covers as such and have no fasteners but they always stay in place, we have washed them once, and the quality is excellent a couple of old photos I have found

View attachment 84468 View attachment 84469
Hi Carol.
We are thinking of getting a couple of sheepskins for our little AutoSleeper Sandhurst. I've just taken a look at the Skyeskins site looking for seat covers but realised that they just sell the skins. What size skins would in your opinion be suitable?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Carol.
We are thinking of getting a couple of sheepskins for our little AutoSleeper Sandhurst. I've just taken a look at the Skyeskins site looking for seat covers but realised that they just sell the skins. What size skins would in your opinion be suitable?

I would go for the large size £55 and when you order them I would mention that you are on the Motorhome Fun forum and you want to use them as seat covers.. the larger skins wrap around the seats easily. :xsmile:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi , we will definitely be going up to Skye as we have a few ideas on what we want to do with skyns in the hymer and have spoken at legnth with the seamstress there. We have already brought 5 skyns thinking they would all be around the same size ect. We have been a little disappointed with three of them but have spoke and resolved the problem to some degree however we did ask for another large skin which arrived today and was assured it would be a nice one and be as large as our first one that was sent out but its not as large as the ones we have :( so just a note do not expect them to be the same length and width because they wont be . However the skyns are beautiful and we love them but obviously we cannot use them for what we origionaly brought them for which was to cover our bench seats :( It maybe what Carol has said we Fun may have stretched their supplies lol A couple of pics to show you the captain seats in the hymer .
skye.jpg
skyns 3.jpg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Eventually got round to sewing two elastic straps on each of the sheepskins for the front seats.. one near the top and other right at the bottom..

used broad black elastic and sewed on with sewing machine.. they sit lovely now.

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Looks great Jim. We also have the skins which do move a bit so may do the same.
We also got the smaller ( although they are nearly the same size ) pets one to sit on which I think where about £30 each. Just out of curiosity the boom tables you have look as if you have IKEA tops,so can I take it you made these and if so where did you get the rest from.
Regards Ray

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
:) IKEA do the sheepskin squares which are ideal for covering the seat of the chair , £15 each , not bad . Happy with ours

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back