LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You know, I keep thinking you're Mrs P.....didn't she have that avatar during dipuck of the day month last year????:D
It will change again tonight...... advent ducks :xsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Thanks you lot!! I've now got an ingrained picture in my head of lots of little sheepies running around with no clothes on,:xsad: and getting Zapped by Midges:cry:

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Mine arrived this morning, well pleased with the delivery given the weather and lack of power around here. Lovely skin and doesn't smell as much as the first one I bought from another source. It is however smaller and when checking with the company their measurement take account of the length of the wool not just the skin. Mine is actually only 90cm when measuring just the skin and could have done with at least another 10 cm.to comfortably cover the back and seat in my MH. Spoke with Skyeskyns and they were more than happy to change it but given that it is for the passenger seat and my dog (see avatar) then I can't be messed. Beautiful quality.

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
3 large cappuccino skins ordered - I figure that they will stand a better chance with 2 border collies! The new batch is due out of the tannery early next week and we should have them in time for our Christmas trip :xThumb:
Skyeskyns are loving us!:thanks3:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Yay my three turned up this afternoon :party2:.
They really do look lovely & warm, soft & snuggly :xblush:.

but

as @Cal54 said they are not as long as the website either 'claims' or suggests.
Significantly so.
The large ones should be 105cms - my three are only 90cms [skin length].
There is no indication on their website that their sizing takes into account wool length but even measuring that way, I can only get a maximum on one skin of 100cms.

I appreciate I could return them as being missold but to be fair they do seem to be an excellent quality product - as well as pretty good value for money [especially with the discount] - it's just disappointing that they seem to be exaggerating the length.

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
Just have my two large white one delivered. Have been waiting with a bit of trepidation as have seen the previous posts regarding size ect. The skins measure 1000 and the other 1005 which when including the fur are correct to their advert. They do say on their size policy a possible 10% margin and if mine had been less I would have reluctantly returned. I must say they are very good quality and again thanks for all the input and happy Xmas to all.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yay my three turned up this afternoon :party2:.
They really do look lovely & warm, soft & snuggly :xblush:.

but

as @Cal54 said they are not as long as the website either 'claims' or suggests.
Significantly so.
The large ones should be 105cms - my three are only 90cms [skin length].
There is no indication on their website that their sizing takes into account wool length but even measuring that way, I can only get a maximum on one skin of 100cms.

I appreciate I could return them as being missold but to be fair they do seem to be an excellent quality product - as well as pretty good value for money [especially with the discount] - it's just disappointing that they seem to be exaggerating the length.
Might be worth querying it with them, just in case they sent medium instead of large by mistake

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Might be worth querying it with them, just in case they sent medium instead of large by mistake

I meant to post after Cal posted last night. I checked ours - 92cm, 95cm & 100cm - skin lengths. As Raybreck says they do state +\- 10% and it's a natural product.......can't expect them to all be identical.

Perhaps they should make the statement clearer on their website.

@Ambilkate whats track & trace saying now Kate?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I did them the courtesy of letting them know my thoughts - developmental feedback :xlaugh:...
Laura responded almost instantly asking me to check the barcode price stickers... which confirmed large.
I think that they are genuinely a good company with excellent products but perhaps should have more "realistic" measurements (or explain more clearly how those measurements are made).
They are, apparently, going to see how this might be done :xThumb:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hmmm.......after checking their site you have me wondering....I can't see anywhere that it specifies the quoted sizes as 'skin length'......;)
Same as the width.....medium is 60cm & large 66cm....is this at the widest point would you assume?

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Agree they are a great company but as stated above I would prefer them to quote the actual skin length rather than including the wool length. Appreciate there will always be a % of variance but for those of us using them for seats this would be better - IMO.
Having said that I am delighted with the product, and let's be honest they are sold as rugs not seat covers!!!

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Perhaps they've looked out the smallest of the large ones to fill the 20% discount orders xroll:...
[only joking]
Stranger things.....:lipssealed: :rolleyes:

Just looking forward to getting our van back tomorrow so we can at least put them on the seats.......won't be cutting :eek: the 3rd one for a little while though.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
specifies the quoted sizes as 'skin length'......;)
You're absolutely right - the measurements are not specified as being skin length, nor wool length.
I, perhaps naively, assumed it would be skin as wool length depends on how it's brushed.
In anycase - none of mine exceed 100cms at best.
I think they should specify how they measure and that they consider +/-10% acceptable underneath the measurements displayed, not on another page.

Regardless - this me nitpicking. I think [so far] they are very good especially for the discounted price. I wouldn't have bothered making my feelings known to Skyeskyns had I thought them a rubbish company.
I mentioned it on this thread to confirm @Cal54 's observation and to alert anyone who may still be considering buying, and where 10cm might be important :xwink:.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
I meant to post after Cal posted last night. I checked ours - 92cm, 95cm & 100cm - skin lengths. As Raybreck says they do state +\- 10% and it's a natural product.......can't expect them to all be identical.

Perhaps they should make the statement clearer on their website.

@Ambilkate whats track & trace saying now Kate?

Debs its saying Address problem - insufficient address :( i have spoke to Skyeskyns they have spoke to parcelforce they have assured me they will be with us tomorrow. So we shall wait and see fingers crosssed

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
@Langtoftlad agree with what you've said, they are lovely skins, I'm just hoping they're long enough for the seat backs.

I really hope they take your comments on board:xsmile:

@Ambilkate everything crossed for you!:)

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
They've arrived in Spain and are as beautiful as ever. Also got a reindeer skin for the sofa and it's beautiful and soft. Hope Skyeskins didn't mind me sharing the money off code they sent me as a prior customer. Looks like they've had a fair amount of custom out of it.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
They've arrived in Spain and are as beautiful as ever. Also got a reindeer skin for the sofa and it's beautiful and soft. Hope Skyeskins didn't mind me sharing the money off code they sent me as a prior customer. Looks like they've had a fair amount of custom out of it.
If you sign up for their newsletter you get the 20% notification so I think they're happy for it to be publicised.

Just nosey now, are the sizes what you expected? We have got our van back today and I would've preferred it if the skins had have been closer to the stated sizes, not quite sure whether they will stay put as they aren't long enough to hang over the top of the seats.

Beautiful things though, can't stop stroking them:)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Done a deal with my son in law. He has ordered a couple for the "rust2Rome" mercedes, which I then may buy off him, or at least borrow them

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Done a deal with my son in law. He has ordered a couple for the "rust2Rome" mercedes, which I then may buy off him, or at least borrow them
Sneaky:rolleyes:........I will be really surprised if he'll let them go, they feel georgous:xThumb:

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years
Just goes to show how un-modern I am, I don't check companies FB pages just the emails they send!
We got the large brown fleeces and they are the size stated. Just have to muster up the courage to cut the old one in half for the seat bases.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back