Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Any recomendations?

Real ones!
Hi Trev. :)

Many will recommend Skyeskins. We got our sheepskin seat covers from http://barnscroft.com/
They also sell on Ebay. We found them to be reasonably priced, and saved ourselves around the £100 mark, by buying direct, rather than going through our local retailer for the same brand. :eek:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
This is the item and colour we purchased x 2, which is lighter than the photo.

http://barnscroft.com/products/luxury-brown-tipped-double-sheepskin/206/

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Thank you Jock
They had a 40% off all prices offer which unfortunately ended Sunday night. It might be that they have January sale too so could wait until after Christmas if you have time.
Unfortunately I have just put the 2 skins back in the post to them today as they did not match up to the quoted size. I ordered 2 at 55cm wide but neither came anywhere near. In their email reply they said they only measure by length! If so I feel they should make this clear and not state a width figure.

Attachments

• 62F76881-832B-4FBC-AD70-0F73CF5D693C.jpeg
    62F76881-832B-4FBC-AD70-0F73CF5D693C.jpeg
    233.3 KB · Views: 78

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i bought 2 double size skins off ebay at about £40 each and fit perfectly

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
They had a 40% off all prices offer which unfortunately ended Sunday night. It might be that they have January sale too so could wait until after Christmas if you have time.
Unfortunately I have just put the 2 skins back in the post to them today as they did not match up to the quoted size. I ordered 2 at 55cm wide but neither came anywhere near. In their email reply they said they only measure by length! If so I feel they should make this clear and not state a width figure.
Not wishing to appear provocative, nor argumentative Annie :xwink: but if you moved your measuring tape a few inches/cms to the left, I'm sure your chosen 55cms would have been achieved, ie, at the widest point of the fleece. :xwink:

We gave Barnscroft both the length and the width we needed, and they came up with the goods. :xThumb:
Our highback front captain's seats in the MH, are completely covered by the fleeces Barnscroft supplied, (both in length and in width) which is exactly what we wanted. :xThumb: No one else came close to the mark........................especially for the price. :xwink:

Cheers,

Jock. :xsmile:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Not wishing to appear provocative, nor argumentative Annie :xwink: but if you moved your measuring tape a few inches/cms to the left, I'm sure your chosen 55cms would have been achieved, ie, at the widest point of the fleece. :xwink:

We gave Barnscroft both the length and the width we needed, and they came up with the goods. :xThumb:
Our highback front captain's seats in the MH, are completely covered by the fleeces Barnscroft supplied, (both in length and in width) which is exactly what we wanted. :xThumb: No one else came close to the mark........................especially for the price. :xwink:

Cheers,

Jock. :xsmile:
That’s ok Jock, but I did measure the widest point and it didn’t make 55 cm. I didn’t expect a nice neat rectangle of course but I think that the main part of the body would be the described width. Perhaps they should be clearer on the website.

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
We bought ours from snug rugs
Then for the habitation area dunelm
All around the 40 pound also a free comb
From snug rugs .

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
We bought ours from snug rugs
Then for the habitation area dunelm
All around the 40 pound also a free comb
From snug rugs .
snug rugs rings a bell about the name of the ebay seller I bought from. really good quality

Deleted User
Tried fitting a skin to my car, but was always rucking up. Used boot laces through some holes, which eventually tore through.
So what is the best way of fitting/securing?

Merry Christmas
Ian

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Tried fitting a skin to my car, but was always rucking up. Used boot laces through some holes, which eventually tore through.

Merry Christmas
Ian
Sew on flat ribbon ties at top and bottom of the bit that covers the seat back, then wrap then round back of seat and tie them in a knot. That is what we have done and it works well.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Ian

@RanC - I use cheap clip on braces from E Bay to secure mine. Works well and easily removed when necessary

soreeyes

Free Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L 2017
Exp
im a newbie
Bought ours from Dunhlem Mill. £70 each for a double skin and that covers all of the seat and back.

Same here then punched some holes down the side and laced on the seat with some 4mm leather cord to stop them moving .

Jun 23, 2017
Shipley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis T - 588
Exp
Since 2004

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
@Ambilkate bought from skyskins but they didnt match, which i do believe she did request in her order.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back