Shameless self promotion (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Not one for reading novels, but well done and hope it goes well for your next adventure.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Mags, well done (y) we have a few Funster Authors. A good way to get reviews on the kindle platform is to price it at free for a couple of weeks. That works for some, best of luck :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Wife had just downloaded this free I will let you know if she enjoys it good luck

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
I wrote my autobiography "When can it do Errands?"

I would love to say it flopped because it was rubbish. In truth, it flopped because I did not know how to market it. I told stories from the 70's about theft, murder and embarrassing moments and even put leaflets through the doors in the village.

Bottom line I would get something like one or two percent response. I had tee shirts made with the book title, I put a banner on the back of the motorhome.

I even have a wicked stepdaughter who was the books editor for a national newspaper. All for nought.

Be prepared for a massive disappointment. But do let me know how you go on. By all means PM me and we can swap emails and tactics.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Wife had just downloaded this free I will let you know if she enjoys it good luck
What is it called?

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you folks for your encouragement and advice. I used to write educational material for a living but this is my first attempt at publishing fiction. It's a psychological tale because psychology was my subject and they do say stick to what you know. Hope it's readable. ;)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
It's not one of them there raunchy novels is it?

I have a nervous disposition:D

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I wrote a novel some fifteen years ago, but found that you couldn't get a publisher without a first having an agent, and you were unable to secure an agent unless you had something published first.......And so my great work of literary art stands sitting, because I refused to go down the road of paying to publish myself.
Therefore, if any Gentlemen, (of robust construction), like reading adventure novels containing plenty of gratuitous violence, (and some sex), drop me a PM and email addy for a free WORD copy........(y)(y)(y)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I wrote a novel some fifteen years ago, but found that you couldn't get a publisher without a first having an agent, and you were unable to secure an agent unless you had something published first.......And so my great work of literary art stands sitting, because I refused to go down the road of paying to publish myself.
Therefore, if any Gentlemen, (of robust construction), like reading adventure novels containing plenty of gratuitous violence, (and some sex), drop me a PM and email addy for a free WORD copy........(y)(y)(y)

Send it to me I could have that book earning you royalties by this afternoon.

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Porkster - why don't you or your wife be the first to review?

Kindle.jpg

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
OUCH, just sent it to jim@motorhomefun.....that OK??

Will send it again to NOSPAM......

I think we can safely say that your novel wasn't about email security Tootles:LOL:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I had an assistant at work a few years ago who announced she was publishing a book.

I asked her what is was about and she said her agent had told her not to reveal anything about it until it was formally launched.

I was intrigued and so foolishly bought a copy via Kindle.

A load of crap it was , riddled with typo's and poor grammar.

About a year after its launch I asked how sales were " Pretty good she said, I have now sold 38 copies":eek:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Psst - I think its the NOSPAM bit you need to leave out;)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ahhhhhhhh......I did, sent it, then saw the NOSPAM post, then resent it, then got it back...At least he should have got one copy. :lipssealed:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
DAMN........Got me so confused I just poured milk onto my OXO cube......:mad::mad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back