SHAME ON THIS MOTORHOMER (1 Viewer)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
How much fresh water does someone need ?????
Wouldn't want to wait at the borne while he fills up!

He could flush away that grey, no problem..................

water.jpg

Attachments

• water.jpg
    water.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 6
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
I've hired narrowboats on a number of occasions and never the same boat....ALL the grey waste goes directly into the canal....washing up, shower and sink. Even the toothpaste if you've just spat it in the sink...
If it's supposed to be bad for aquatic life etc, surely these boats wouldn't be allowed to deposit it in such a way.
Just a thought

Lived on a boat in Majorca many years ago, 'marine' toilet pumped straight into the harbour.......

fish loved it and enthusiastically ate the 'waste'......................... wouldn't eat the fish though !!

environmentalists .... get over yourselves ...... there's more to worry about than 'grey' waste

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
What's the difference between being on here and in the magazine?

Simple - French magazine is not in general circulation in the UK and doubt it will be kept for posterity - posted on here it will be in the public domain for many years and will undoubtedly be regurgitated many time over the coming years

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
No one has disrespected Claire, well done to her for bringing it up , it's the content written by someone else that is a bit dodgy.

Since I seem to be the only one who has questioned Claire's intent, I assume the comment above was aimed at me.

If this is the case, perhaps you'd care to explain what you mean by my 'content' being dodgy?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Since I seem to be the only one who has questioned Claire's intent, I assume the comment above was aimed at me.

If this is the case, perhaps you'd care to explain what you mean by my 'content' being dodgy?
Not you either, the story in the magazine

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Jesus!

We have just had the final flight of the Vulcan, British engineering at its best, sadly gone forever.
And that event has been upstaged by a single photo of British engineering at its worst- A Swift Motorhome!:reel:

I give up!:doh:[/QUOTE
Fair point but at the time of the Vulcan being made engineered, British Leyland were making fine cars such as the Allegro and Montego :whistle:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Just remembered!:) In 2011 we were coming back from Germany with a new van and we stopped off in Brugge for a few days. It was when the old aire was open on other side of the road.

On exiting the van in the morning after a shower there was a reception committee waiting about 15 of them slowly nodding, slow intake of breath. pointing at the soapy effluent spreading for under our new van.

They were all very unhappy and told me so... Suitably admonished I tried to lamely explain we had only picked van up day before to no avail, until I showed one amenable chap the paperwork/receipt..he explained to everyone else and a mighty AH! went up accompanied by laughter ( just another dumkoff Englander). If it had been in the evening I'm sure it would have turned into a party. Thankful for the export plates though as might of got lynched on UK plates:D

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just remembered!:) In 2011 we were coming back from Germany with a new van and we stopped off in Brugge for a few days. It was when the old aire was open on other side of the road.

On exiting the van in the morning after a shower there was a reception committee waiting about 15 of them slowly nodding, slow intake of breath. pointing at the soapy effluent spreading for under our new van.

They were all very unhappy and told me so... Suitably admonished I tried to lamely explain we had only picked van up day before to no avail, until I showed one amenable chap the paperwork/receipt..he explained to everyone else and a mighty AH! went up accompanied by laughter ( just another dumkoff Englander). If it had been in the evening I'm sure it would have turned into a party. Thankful for the export plates though as might of got lynched on UK plates:D
Quite easily what happened here, we've done it as well, had a German bloke banging on the side of the van, but afraid I did pretty much the same as the bloke in the mag:whistle:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Quite easily what happened here, we've done it as well, had a German bloke banging on the side of the van, but afraid I did pretty much the same as the bloke in the mag:whistle:
Yep, happened to me in Portugal. Filled and emptied at a motorhome point at the supermarket in Sagres. Continued on my way and stopped at a lovely spot (not official Aire) by a lovely beach. In the morning half way through me showering came a knock on the door. The Belgian guy next door telling me the water was going everywhere. Ooops .... forgot to close the drain.

I was full of apologies. His only worry was that the Portuguese police would come and move all 15 motorhomes off the car park if they saw it.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
When we are on the aire at Brive this summer with some Spanish friends one of the children had a birthday so we had a small party for her. At 9 p.m the French occupants of the van next to the party came outside in their dressing gowns. 20 minutes later their waste water started to flow towards us. We ignored it and finished our "party" at 9.45 p.m. which we all considered to be a reasonable time!

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Walking towards reception at GaasperPlas Camping in Amsterdam the other day: an ITALIAN van had reversed more or less in the direction of the drain hole and was discharging his grey waste all over the road. He stood nearby having a fag: his good lady stood by the other side of the vehicle. Both were clearly aware of what they were doing.

Wish I'd had a camera (and that it was French?) - Gordon

PS this is the second van which I've seen with the drain pipe in the centre of the van (fore n aft, side to side). How does anyone manouevre them into the correct position?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
PS this is the second van which I've seen with the drain pipe in the centre of the van (fore n aft, side to side). How does anyone manouevre them into the correct position?
No problem if there is an Ultradrain Kit fitted, as on our Burstner.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Surely if this "chap" was in an Aire why didn't he use the grey waste drain?

Nobody else has answered this so I will.

Not all aires have a waste drain or any other type of service point. Three out of the four we will have used on this trip by the time we go home have no facilities at all - Port de Dinan, Treguier & Gravellines.

Not condoning emptying it all over the floor, just answering your specific point.

As people have already said the photo shows and proves very little.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back