SHAME ON THIS MOTORHOMER (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I'm Thinking of buying a Swift tag-axle Kontiki that's going cheep....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The magazine mentioned by the OP have an interesting website. This is a French view of British motorhomes. If you view in Chrome you can get it translated. Perceptive comment about this being a country where MHs are not welcome! You might get an irritating advert pop up - I killed it by clicking on the tab at the top of it.
http://www.lemondeducampingcar.fr/a...arres-les-fourgons-amenages-britanniques.html

Suggestions on what a "sheep with five legs" is would be welcome. I'm guessing it's a bit like a quart into a pint pot. And its not a quirk of Google translate, its what the original says, though it might be five feet rather than five legs.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
The magazine mentioned by the OP have an interesting website. This is a French view of British motorhomes. If you view in Chrome you can get it translated. Perceptive comment about this being a country where MHs are not welcome! You might get an irritating advert pop up - I killed it by clicking on the tab at the top of it.
http://www.lemondeducampingcar.fr/a...arres-les-fourgons-amenages-britanniques.html

Suggestions on what a "sheep with five legs" is would be welcome. I'm guessing it's a bit like a quart into a pint pot. And its not a quirk of Google translate, its what the original says, though it might be five feet rather than five legs.
Interesting article; a very typically French view as you say. They find our panel van conversions a little interesting.............

I think you are right about the French metaphor - I've heard it before but can't remember exactly what context. Frankie will no doubt throw some light on it.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.

A sheep with five legs roughly (translated from the French) means in English a rarity or a rare talent everyone is looking for.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A sheep with five legs roughly (translated from the French) means in English a rarity or a rare talent everyone is looking for.
Thank you, that makes sense. The English equivalent is a Yorkshireman offering to buy the first round.

Only joking!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Thank you, that makes sense. The English equivalent is a Yorkshireman offering to buy the first round.

Only joking!

Twice it seems!

PS: I think the double post problem wasn't at this end as we normally have a good internet connection at home. @Jim

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Why is it deemed so horrendous? Surely it would be just water with a bit of detergent in it.

I agree that discharging it on an aire not the best way of getting rid of it and I wouldn't do it but surely the 'guilty party' doesn't deserve to be outed on an international forum/website?

Genuine question

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Surely if this "chap" was in an Aire why didn't he use the grey waste drain?
Maybe he was, there's nothing in the article that suggests the author know anything about 'camping cars' and waste points. Without the picture, we can only guess ;)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I wonder if the French motorhome magazine would publish pictures of French motorhomers washing out their loo cassettes using the fresh water taps / hoses etc. I think that the noise was made because the vehicle and driver were British - they wouldn't have made a fuss if it were a fellow Frenchman. Perhaps the we could take photos of our Gallic cousins doing things that we find abhorrent and sending them to the French magazine and see how they respond.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
The sheep with five legs equivalent in English would be a "Rare Bird"

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Maybe I'll get shot down in flames.... but here goes....

With regard to the photo referred to above. To actually publish a photo with the registration plate in full view seems a bit OTT to me!

By the way, we don't empty our grey waste out of the tanks whilst on sites/aires.
Who ever he was he deserves to be named
and hopefully shamed.:swear2:d

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
So next time I see a french MH using the drinking water to wash his loo out, I take photo's and send to French motorhome publication Le Monde Du Camping Car, who will of course print it............. I think not. I could of course take photo's of the French MH arriving and seeing that the aire is full parks across the entrance blocking it for the night and send that in as well.............

Yes I agree it was wrong, but how many members here would get out of their MH and tell them off ?

At the end of the day there is nothing we can do about it, life is to short.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Why is it deemed so horrendous? Surely it would be just water with a bit of detergent in it.

I agree that discharging it on an aire not the best way of getting rid of it and I wouldn't do it but surely the 'guilty party' doesn't deserve to be outed on an international forum/website?

Genuine question
If it's not a big problem what's the issue in "outing" them ...

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
If it's not a big problem what's the issue in "outing" them ...

Not sure I understand what you mean by the above.

I'd still like to know why it's deemed to be such a major offence. Can anyone enlighten me?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012

I'd still like to know why it's deemed to be such a major offence. Can anyone enlighten me?

It's something to do with it being dirty water with foods scraps soap detergent etc etc, if it sits I puddles on a hard surface it smells, if it's on the grass it encourages vermin for the food scraps, and if it's on the road it is dangerous for cyclists and motorcycles.
It is quite anti social and does give the non motorhomers among the population more ammunition to stop us parking among them.

Martin

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011

It's dirty and shows a general lack of respect or care for your fellow motorhomers or the site/aire in question.
Not sure I understand why you can't see that tbh

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Not only that storm drains can connect straight into rivers and pollution s real problem for equatic life etc....instead of head scratching and wondering why it's not acceptable a quick Google search will educate...its a disgrace to be honest

In some European country's you can't even wash vehicles at home because of detergents running into water system.

This will give you an idea.....

http://www.kent.gov.uk/waste-planning-and-land/flooding-and-drainage/drainage-systems

Last edited:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Agree with that..
I have a self build camper... my shower facilities is outside the back doors with a shower curtain up..
Saves me putting it through the waste tank..:LOL:.
Other than possibly bits of food waste been discharged it's much the same and I've never thought I was been antisocial or disgusting in any way...until now :D:giggle:
But I don't suppose it will stop me washing if I need one lol..
Andy.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Ok thanks for explaining Martin.

I'm not disputing that if emptied by everyone and left in pools it would be unpleasant. However I still don't understand why this particular incident has caused an international outcry.

I would think the food scraps would be miniscule if they got through the plug hole. If detergent is in the water wouldn't it dispense with any fats or oily residue? Not sure what the etc, etc refers to as I can't think of anything else that could be in the water.

On tarmac roads and aires surely the amount of oil and muck from vehicles would far outweigh any discharged by grey water? I'm not saying that we should all be able to discharge our waste grey water all over the place but is still think the reaction to this particular incident is way over the top.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Might depend where you are Andy, if you leave a puddle 2 inches deep and the next occupant of the pitch is a tent they might not be happy, if it's a rally field that ain't going to be used again for months it's a different story.

Martin

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
No it's not..the chap anti social and a bad example. And obviously clueless...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back