DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I suspect the price is about right. MHs hold their value in this country but if you are prepared to import I suspect you could get something a lot younger for a similar amount.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
You could probably get the price down a bit with haggling but I bet prices are strong at the minute I spoke to a dealer who said this years production for one manufacturer was sold out at the October show!

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
How much more for a new one?

Worth taking a chance on an old van for the different in price?

You obviously have doubts or you wouldn't have asked

Look at Mobile.de

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
IH vans are pretty pricey to start with.

Is that the actual van you want?

Have you compared it with similar vans?

As Mr JL says... I reckon you will have quite a range to choose from at that kind of money.

For what it is worth (nothing), I always think IH try to squeeze too much stuff into their vans (hence the table being stored in the shower).

JJ :cool:

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
hi chippy it looks like the current 600rl. we bought the 630rl new - had it for 5 months and sold it - could not get on with moving all the back rests into the front of the van just so we could move the rest around to make a bed then of course there is nowhere to sit if you are up first plus the bathroom left something to be desired ! sorry I'm sure you've researched it but that was our experience with a PVC. having said that it was an immaculate van and looks very good.

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I don't know enough about PVCs to pass comment about comparable quality levels but have noticed how many modern PVCs are available for just above 30k. Some appear to be great buys to the casual observer.
Have you looked at all the 2011, 2012, 2013 vans for sale?
I'd spend a day comparing them all, then decide if a 2007 IH for 30k is the best buy for you (y)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well I think it looks like a quality fit out, I'll bet a younger version wouldn't be quite so heavy or quite so well finished.

If it was what I was looking for it I'd get the price down and have a deal.

ps only just realised it's you chippy, get yer wallet out you tight git as there ain't no pockets in a shroud.

Would it have the payload to carry all the beer you and @ROB1CHELSEA1 consume.

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
That must be one seriously modified Ducato, it's advertised as rear wheel drive!

(Who thinks they meant right hand drive?) :)

That rear lounge layout makes me think that the swivel cab seats are a bit of a wasted space really. Would you actually use them once parked up? A front lounge where they become part of the lounge would seem to make better use of the limited space in a PVC.

(Cue outraged rear lounge loving PVC owners!)

OP
OP
C
Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
You could probably get the price down a bit with haggling but I bet prices are strong at the minute I spoke to a dealer who said this years production for one manufacturer was sold out at the October show!
Yes got the price down to £30K.

I don't know enough about PVCs to pass comment about comparable quality levels but have noticed how many modern PVCs are available for just above 30k. Some appear to be great buys to the casual observer.
I'd spend a day comparing them all, then decide if a 2007 IH for 30k is the best buy for you (y)

The problem is there are no 2011, 2012, 2013 IH vans for sale.We have looked at other PVC but none have quite the same layout.

hi chippy it looks like the current 600rl. we bought the 630rl new - had it for 5 months and sold it - could not get on with moving all the back rests into the front of the van just so we could move the rest around to make a bed then of course there is nowhere to sit if you are up first plus the bathroom left something to be desired ! sorry I'm sure you've researched it but that was our experience with a PVC. having said that it was an immaculate van and looks very good.

That is the worry!!

IH vans are pretty pricey to start with.

Is that the actual van you want?

Have you compared it with similar vans?

As Mr JL says... I reckon you will have quite a range to choose from at that kind of money.

For what it is worth (nothing), I always think IH try to squeeze too much stuff into their vans (hence the table being stored in the shower).

JJ :cool:

The layout is right, there is not that many about.

OP
OP
C
Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Well I think it looks like a quality fit out, I'll bet a younger version wouldn't be quite so heavy or quite so well finished.

If it was what I was looking for it I'd get the price down and have a deal.

ps only just realised it's you chippy, get yer wallet out you tight git as there ain't no pockets in a shroud.

Would it have the payload to carry all the beer you and @ROB1CHELSEA1 consume.

Beer payload could be the problem :D2:D2:D2

OP
OP
C
Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
That must be one seriously modified Ducato, it's advertised as rear wheel drive!

(Who thinks they meant right hand drive?) :)

That rear lounge layout makes me think that the swivel cab seats are a bit of a wasted space really. Would you actually use them once parked up? A front lounge where they become part of the lounge would seem to make better use of the limited space in a PVC.

(Cue outraged rear lounge loving PVC owners!)

I would like to think so, having two seperate areas,

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Well if that's the case just go for it...
negotiate a good price and if you don't get on with it you shouldn't lose much, if anything.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I think the price at 30k is right. We are very happy with our 630 RL but we like the original barn doors to open up wide when backed on to a nice view. The Tio back though is very neat.
Just looked on IH owners forum to see if any comparable for sale but no one selling anything!

OP
OP
C
Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
I think the price at 30k is right. We are very happy with our 630 RL but we like the original barn doors to open up wide when backed on to a nice view. The Tio back though is very neat.
Just looked on IH owners forum to see if any comparable for sale but no one selling anything!

Thanks for looking, are you a member of the IH forum, is it worth it, & how much does it cost?

Karl

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Looks like quality to me, looks a really good standard of finish, I see when you read down at the details it was up for £33995. It sounds a lot for that age van but when @gus-lopez says a new one is £30k more then it's probably about right I guess, if it was me I would view it and compare the quality with a similarly priced PVC of a different manufacturer and compare the two, good luck whatever you decide

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thanks for looking, are you a member of the IH forum, is it worth it, & how much does it cost?

Karl
Yes I am a member, joined it first before I found this site. £10 not for profit run by a few volunteers. It is very friendly and there are organised meets. Obviously a good place to pick up IH specific tips however you may have to wait a few days for someone to login as not such an active site as this one.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Im no PVC expert, come to it I'm no MoHo expert either :) but as with most things its all about supply and demand. Plus if you are buying quality you have to pay for it. Very rare to buy a Rolls royce for Mini money :)

Looks tidy though and as said no pockets in shrouds, even the Egyptian Kings got robbed trying to take it with them :D

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
A lot of private Buyers have been watching Antiques road show, "What is your best price?"
"Great ! Is that your best best price tho?"
"Shake my hand on(generally anywhere twixt £5k TO £20K)" Then look aggrieved when you tell them NO!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Im no PVC expert, come to it I'm no MoHo expert either :) but as with most things its all about supply and demand. Plus if you are buying quality you have to pay for it. Very rare to buy a Rolls royce for Mini money :)

Looks tidy though and as said no pockets in shrouds, even the Egyptian Kings got robbed trying to take it with them :D
Loving the new avatar name by the way!! But you need a new fox!

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie

The spread in quality on PVCs is incredible. You can buy a new one for just over 40K but essentially you are buying a basic spec van and a heap of crap used to equip it to low standards and really poor finishes.

IH are excellent but that van IMO looks very dated .. The way IH install the windows in the rear and sides looks like someone has done it at home. There are far better alternatives I think .

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
Interesting on the price of a 10 year old for £30k. I have a 2 year old IH and just out of interest was talking to a dealer about trade in against an Auto-sleepers. 2.3l automatic with all the extras and only 8k on the clock. Guess what they offered....

£38k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
C
Aug 19, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
The spread in quality on PVCs is incredible. You can buy a new one for just over 40K but essentially you are buying a basic spec van and a heap of crap used to equip it to low standards and really poor finishes.

IH are excellent but that van IMO looks very dated .. The way IH install the windows in the rear and sides looks like someone has done it at home. There are far better alternatives I think .

IH more of a older british interior / gentleman's sitting room idea, I think thats why they use so much veltrim on wthe walls & ceiling
most of the smaller builders seem to do this, where as the larger brands have moulded panels, autotrail etc.

Interesting on the price of a 10 year old for £30k. I have a 2 year old IH and just out of interest was talking to a dealer about trade in against an Auto-sleepers. 2.3l automatic with all the extras and only 8k on the clock. Guess what they offered....

What model is yours ?

£38k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back