Shall I, Shan't I? Third time lucky? Trip to Norway from Spain (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Today the forecast rain arrived but it wasn't heavy so not so bad. We shopped (needed tonics!!! and milk mainly) and then spent the morning travelling east. The forecast for the whole area over the next few days/week/fortnight is to be unsettled!

We've halted for the night at a P4N parking near Klismo and next to a small lake (no fishing without a permit) but with mountain bike trails starting from here. That'll be good if it's dry in the morning. Anyhow, we had a short stroll along the trail in a brief sunny window in the weather.

View attachment 323497

View attachment 323498
Lifeboat!!!

View attachment 323499

View attachment 323500
We think the structure on the right may be a smokehouse. There was a chimney emerging from the grass roof.
Great pics Judith
Thanks for sharing

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The blue flowers are Monkshood or Wolfsbane - potentially very poisonous but I suspect you weren't planning on eating it. :)

1565451714648.png

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
The blue flowers are Monkshood or Wolfsbane - potentially very poisonous but I suspect you weren't planning on eating it. :)

View attachment 323509

No, foraging has been very poor this year. One lot of raspberries, only!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

• Love It
Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
This morning we drove 6km to Brevens Bruk where there was a P4N at the start of more mountain bike rides. Unfortunately, there was a frisby competition taking place and all the parking was taken up by cars. Instead we went back into the centre of the
village and parked in a huge parking next to a restaurant and some of the old buildings.

Brevens Bruk is a small village in the beautiful Swedish countryside and can be found just 30 miles from Örebro. If you are looking to visit the Swedish countryside, Brevens Bruk, with it’s well preserved village and traditions, is one of the finest examples you will find. Brevens Bruk takes its name from the surrounding of water and means literally ‘marshland’. Both beautiful scenery and lovely historical buildings surround the village, the most noticeable of which are the calcinatory and the blast furnace, both built in 1864.
Brevens Bruk was first mentioned as early as the year 1317 when a farm was given to the nuns belonging to the Monastery of Riseberga and was most likely used as fishing grounds. The iron industry started in Brevens Bruk in1679 when Claes Rålamb (one of Sweden’s most influential statesmen at the time) received the authority to start work and which subsequently led to Brevens Bruk developing around the growing iron industry.
Many of the forms and models originally used in the original iron foundry are still preserved today and it’s likely they form one of the biggest collections in Sweden. They are viewable in the Brevens Bruk museum. During the 18th and 19thcentury, the iron industry formed a large part of Brevens Bruk’s development as a growing village. However, due to the decline in the iron industry in the 20th century, the Brevens Bruk iron factory was closed down in 1933. The foundry however remained in production until 1986. As its legacy, the grand buildings are still a powerful reminder of the history of the village. Today, Brevens Bruk acts almost like a map of history that shows visitors how an old Swedish industrial village was built, complete with manor house, church, school, working facilities and production buildings and how well they are integrated together. You won’t be surprised to learn that Brevens Bruk has been declared a national historical monument.

start-nagel05.jpg

This was obviously not my picture!

But these are.
IMG_20190811_143607.jpg

IMG_20190811_143813.jpg

IMG_20190811_143956.jpg

We had coffee and, while Martin was watching MotD on his phone, I was watching deer on the lawn.

Screenshot_2019-08-11-14-37-19-854_com.miui.gallery.png

Because of the frisby thingy we couldn't get to the start of the trails but we still managed 22km of single track and track riding and luckily just got the bikes back inside before the rain started again.

An abandoned canal in the forest.
IMG_20190811_144055.jpg

IMG_20190811_144215.jpg

We're now bathed in sunshine again at our overnight spot. Another P4N north of Nykoping.

IMG_20190811_162643.jpg

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
This morning we drove 6km to Brevens Bruk where there was a P4N at the start of more mountain bike rides. Unfortunately, there was a frisby competition taking place and all the parking was taken up by cars. Instead we went back into the centre of the
village and parked in a huge parking next to a restaurant and some of the old buildings.

Brevens Bruk is a small village in the beautiful Swedish countryside and can be found just 30 miles from Örebro. If you are looking to visit the Swedish countryside, Brevens Bruk, with it’s well preserved village and traditions, is one of the finest examples you will find. Brevens Bruk takes its name from the surrounding of water and means literally ‘marshland’. Both beautiful scenery and lovely historical buildings surround the village, the most noticeable of which are the calcinatory and the blast furnace, both built in 1864.
Brevens Bruk was first mentioned as early as the year 1317 when a farm was given to the nuns belonging to the Monastery of Riseberga and was most likely used as fishing grounds. The iron industry started in Brevens Bruk in1679 when Claes Rålamb (one of Sweden’s most influential statesmen at the time) received the authority to start work and which subsequently led to Brevens Bruk developing around the growing iron industry.
Many of the forms and models originally used in the original iron foundry are still preserved today and it’s likely they form one of the biggest collections in Sweden. They are viewable in the Brevens Bruk museum. During the 18th and 19thcentury, the iron industry formed a large part of Brevens Bruk’s development as a growing village. However, due to the decline in the iron industry in the 20th century, the Brevens Bruk iron factory was closed down in 1933. The foundry however remained in production until 1986. As its legacy, the grand buildings are still a powerful reminder of the history of the village. Today, Brevens Bruk acts almost like a map of history that shows visitors how an old Swedish industrial village was built, complete with manor house, church, school, working facilities and production buildings and how well they are integrated together. You won’t be surprised to learn that Brevens Bruk has been declared a national historical monument.

start-nagel05.jpg

This was obviously not my picture!

But these are.
View attachment 323698

View attachment 323699

View attachment 323700

We had coffee and, while Martin was watching MotD on his phone, I was watching deer on the lawn.

View attachment 323696

Because of the frisby thingy we couldn't get to the start of the trails but we still managed 22km of single track and track riding and luckily just got the bikes back inside before the rain started again.

An abandoned canal in the forest.
View attachment 323701

View attachment 323702

We're now bathed in sunshine again at our overnight spot. Another P4N north of Nykoping.

View attachment 323703
Loads of fish here....some even decided to leap on to my lures....perch, perch and more perch....good entertainment though...would have liked another pike, bigger than I got a few days ago.....never mind...we are East coast bound..Baltic sea..... interesting to see what happens there this year.

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Yesterday we left our overnight spot and travelled further east (and north) to the town of Trosa, 60km ish south of Stockholm. This was to be our furthest point north as we need to start to head back now (only three weeks or so left before we get the ferry from "The Hook" to Harwich).

We had biking in mind and we DID set off. Firstly to visit the tiny island of Öbolandet. A campsite at the end had its own beach.

IMG_20190812_120519.jpg

And then to do a single track/track/minor road circuit. After the Island we scurried back to the van as the thunder started but then the sun came out so we set off for the second part of the ride. We did about a quarter when the heavens opened again (ahead of us) so we about-turned and just got back and loaded the bikes before the deluge.

This morning dawned with lovely sun so we got the bikes out again to finish off our aborted route. It didn't go entirely to plan but we enjoyed it, especially the sight of two big Fallow stags crossing the road in front of us. No photos, unfortunately!

I did get a couple of piccies of some stone carvings. One is obviously fairly recent but the other on a rock slab ... don't know. For the first time the information boards were only in Swedish!!!

IMG_20190813_183627.jpg

IMG_20190813_101613.jpg

IMG_20190813_183715.jpg

On our way back we bumped into two Swedish orienteers who were planning a race for Thursday evening. No good for us!!!

We're now on a place we didn't like last year! but this year, arriving in sunny conditions, it looked so much nicer.

It did rain just after we arrived but it was short lived and we were able to cook some (shop bought) salmon outside.

Martin's off out fishing right now ...

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Yesterday we left our overnight spot and travelled further east (and north) to the town of Trosa, 60km ish south of Stockholm. This was to be our furthest point north as we need to start to head back now (only three weeks or so left before we get the ferry from "The Hook" to Harwich).

We had biking in mind and we DID set off. Firstly to visit the tiny island of Öbolandet. A campsite at the end had its own beach.

View attachment 324204

And then to do a single track/track/minor road circuit. After the Island we scurried back to the van as the thunder started but then the sun came out so we set off for the second part of the ride. We did about a quarter when the heavens opened again (ahead of us) so we about-turned and just got back and loaded the bikes before the deluge.

This morning dawned with lovely sun so we got the bikes out again to finish off our aborted route. It didn't go entirely to plan but we enjoyed it, especially the sight of two big Fallow stags crossing the road in front of us. No photos, unfortunately!

I did get a couple of piccies of some stone carvings. One is obviously fairly recent but the other on a rock slab ... don't know. For the first time the information boards were only in Swedish!!!

View attachment 324205

View attachment 324206

View attachment 324207

On our way back we bumped into two Swedish orienteers who were planning a race for Thursday evening. No good for us!!!

We're now on a place we didn't like last year! but this year, arriving in sunny conditions, it looked so much nicer.

It did rain just after we arrived but it was short lived and we were able to cook some (shop bought) salmon outside.

Martin's off out fishing right now ...
Those stones are very old I think. A search on Google for the image threw up a link to an 11th century Viking stone, which is very similar. Nice find. If you follow the links at the bottom of the image and the "See More" it takes you to many more like it. :)

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Those stones are very old I think. A search on Google for the image threw up a link to an 11th century Viking stone, which is very similar. Nice find. :)

I think you may be right. I first thought the standing stone was of a windmill, that's why I thought it was fairly recent, but I don't think it is now.

Of all the times not to have an English description ...

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I've found ours.

Rune stone # Sö 36 - Trosa bro Vagnhärads socken

The location of this rune stone is on the older maps marked with ‘Trosa bridge’. Here were probably already in ancient times a bridge over Trosa River. Across the river was the medieval city Trosa.

The rune inscription begins at the bottom left and ends with a word carved on the cross.

*þurkiR auk uri þaiR raistu staina at ulaif faþur sin auk at suain bruþur sin*

“Torger och Orre de reste stenar efter Olev, sin fader och efter Sven, sin broder”

“Torger and Orre, they raised the stones in memory of Olev, their father and in memory of Sven, their brother”

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We moved a bit further south today and we're now on a Husbilplatz in an industrial area of Västervik! All is not bad though and we have a lovely view.

IMG_20190814_112903.jpg

IMG_20190814_110320.jpg

We came here last year in the rain (again) and didn't like the place. However, this time we're here for two reasons. Access to a marked mountain bike route and then leccy to recharge the bike batteries before leaving tomorrow.

A third positive is that Martin can fish from directly in front of the van or, even, (jury's still out on this one) launch the dinghy. (Dinghy staying packed up today).

The mountain bike route has been ridden. I must admit it tested me almost to my limit. We both had to push on a few sections (mainly uphill rocky bits) and I was glad to finish, but buzzing at the end as well!

Me ...

IMG_20190814_153957.jpg

IMG_20190814_154036.jpg

And Martin on a bit I missed out because we stopped to look and think about it. I thought NO but I should have (could have) ridden it.

IMG_20190814_154132.jpg

IMG_20190814_154250.jpg

Too late when you've made the decision and walked down!

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Yesterday we did another mountain bike ride very similar to the day before. We did, however, meet the guy responsible for setting the routes and he recommended a ride on Öland. So this afternoon we arrived back here, a year later. Today we visited some ruins and tomorrow, weather permitting we'll be back out riding.

We parked at the parking for an iron age fort (quite impressive)

As seen on Google ...

View attachment 324824

and had a walk to an iron age village, which, after 30 minutes of walking there, was underwhelming, to say the least! Half an hour back, as well!

Anyhow we decided to move and we're now semi/un/officially parked on the parking area for a very old burial site.

One of the nine entrances to the fort ...

View attachment 324819

View attachment 324820

Spot the caravan. Seen on our walk to the "village". How and when this was brought to it's resting place is anyone's guess.

View attachment 324821
No tracks for miles ...

And now ...
View attachment 324823

And Odin's Chippings ...

An old burial stone ...

View attachment 324822

Hoping for a dead quiet night here tonight!

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Yes, I am here, sitting at my desk, wishing I was travelling around Denmark. ??

Deleted User
Yesterday we did another mountain bike ride very similar to the day before. We did, however, meet the guy responsible for setting the routes and he recommended a ride on Öland. So this afternoon we arrived back here, a year later. Today we visited some ruins and tomorrow, weather permitting we'll be back out riding.

We parked at the parking for an iron age fort (quite impressive)

As seen on Google ...

View attachment 324824

and had a walk to an iron age village, which, after 30 minutes of walking there, was underwhelming, to say the least! Half an hour back, as well!

Anyhow we decided to move and we're now semi/un/officially parked on the parking area for a very old burial site.

One of the nine entrances to the fort ...

View attachment 324819

View attachment 324820

Spot the caravan. Seen on our walk to the "village". How and when this was brought to it's resting place is anyone's guess.

View attachment 324821
No tracks for miles ...

And now ...
View attachment 324823

And Odin's Chippings ...

An old burial stone ...

View attachment 324822

Hoping for a dead quiet night here tonight!
Spent a week on Oland last year visiting the Neolithic through Viking era stones, fascinating island, pleased you enjoyed it and visited some of the stones. Plenty of wild camping opportunities although I stayed mainly at one of the marinas.

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
As there is still someone out there I'll do a catch-up.

It's a tad difficult 'cos I have to switch from tablet to phone (for photos) but you're worth it!

From our dead quiet night we headed to our most expensive (and noisiest) parking of the trip. A small marina at Stora Rör and SK160!!! We cycled from there. Golf course on the route.

IMG_20190817_152004.jpg

... and Martin had a go at fishing with his newly acquired rod purchased at Kalmar. Neither activities were brilliant but passed the day. We noticed a few people congregating around one of the buildings on the tiny harbour and it soon became apparent that it was a wedding celebration that continued (boom, boom, boom) until almost 4 a.m. The female harbourperson, kept awake herself, as her house is next to the motorhome parking area, asked us all to send an email to the Boat Club to make an official complaint. We're still thinking about it!!!

The building!!!! The parking was behind.

IMG_20190817_152103.jpg

Note the people decorating the doorway. We were still oblivious at that point!

IMG_20190817_152136.jpg

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Looking at where you are it looks as if you are coming back via Helsingborg/ Copenhagen or thereabouts?

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
From our noisy night spot we left Öland and took the coastal route south. Mixed weather, with a fair amount of rain, kept us grounded so we kept moving, eventually pulling up at a small parking area on a tiny marina east of Karlshamn. The locals were very friendly but totally bemused about how motorhomes were finding this place. Martin let them into the P4N secret!

He had a spot of fishing before rain stopped play.

Screenshot_2019-08-20-19-49-10-443_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

IMG_20190818_152048.jpg

IMG_20190818_152202.jpg

IMG_20190819_101253.jpg

IMG_20190819_101047.jpg

And ... we had a very quiet night.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Just stop it now. I’ve just had a message Karen has been signed off work for a week by her doctor. I’m going to be stuck at my desk even longer! I’d love to be travelling around Denmark ?? Right now

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Yesterday we left Sweden. And yes DBK we did the Malmö to København bridge/tunnel.

Screenshot_2019-08-19-13-07-06-767_com.miui.gallery.png

IMG_20190819_130828.jpg

We ended up for the night at a community provided parking/camping (including wooden shelters and bbq) spot.

IMG_20190819_143903.jpg

IMG_20190819_151922.jpg

IMG_20190819_152046.jpg

The clouds looked ominous so we didn't stray too far but a local couple who left their car just as rain started were out in some of the heaviest rain we've had on this trip so far! You'd think they'd know better!

Only two of us there last night, the other camper was from Cataluña!

This morning things looked better.

IMG_20190820_083335.jpg

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Just stop it now. I’ve just had a message Karen has been signed off work for a week by her doctor. I’m going to be stuck at my desk even longer! I’d love to be travelling around Denmark ?? Right now

Sorry. But I've sort of committed myself to carrying on.

Sorry you're stuck at work but not a lot I can do about it :ROFLMAO:

I hope Karen isn't too serious.

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Today, instead of risking muddy bikes, we walked from a castle. Jaegerspris Slot (or Castle to us Brits)!

IMG_20190820_162825.jpg

IMG_20190820_093734.jpg

In the grounds were many graves/memorials from different centuries.

IMG_20190820_094210.jpg

IMG_20190820_114932.jpg

IMG_20190820_094305.jpg

And on our walk we encountered this slippery character. I think it's a grass snake?

IMG_20190820_112811.jpg

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
A bit of info about the castle and monuments.

Jægerspris Castle

Jægerspris Castle (Danish: Jægerspris Slot), in Jægerspris on the Hornsherred peninsula west of Copenhagen, is a Danish manor house. It has belonged to the Danish monarchs for most of its history which dates back to the 13th century. In the 1850s it became a retreat for King Frederik VII and his morganatic wife Countess Danner, who sought refuge there to escape the controversy their marriage had caused among the establishment in Copenhagen. After the king's death, Countess Danner turned it into an asylum for women.
Jægerspris Castle
General information
Jægerspris Slot.JPG
Jægerspris Castle
Wikimedia | © OpenStreetMap
Architectural styleBaroque
Town or cityJægerspris
CountryDenmark
Construction started13th century
Completed1722
ClientPrince Charles of Denmark
Today the castle serves as a historic house museum and is also noted for its park.

History

Abrahamstrup
Until 1677 the estate was known as Abrahamstrup. It is not clear who Abraham was but the name is believed to be a reference to King Valdemar II's son Abel since most of Hornsherred in the 12th century was owned by the king. A source from 1318 refers to the estate as land belonging to the Crown.
In 1673 the castle passed into private ownership when it was acquired by jægermester Vincents von Hahn. In 1677 he renamed it Jægerspris, which literally translates to Hunter's Praise.
Prince Charles and his expansion

Prince Charles of Denmarkmounted on one of his horses
In 1679, the castle passed back into royal ownership and shortly after Frederick IV's ascent to the throne in 1699, he used it as a summer residence for a few years but then gave it to his younger brother Prince Charles of Denmark in 1703. Prince Charles carried out a comprehensive expansion and rebuilding of the castle. The south wing was extended with an extra storey and the single, square guard tower of the southern facade of the castle was given a twin tower to the east to add symmetry to the building. Several buildings associated with the forestry and agricultural operations of the estate were also built on the grounds. They included a pheasantry and a stud farm. The adaptions of the castle were completed in 1722.[1]In 1726, three years before Prince Charles' death, the stud farm relocated to Vemmetofte, one of his other estates.
Hunting palace of the Oldenburgs

Jægerspris Castle as it appeared in 1746, contemporary tusch drawing

Jægerspris Castle painted by Hans Heinrich Eegberg in 1745
After Prince Charles' death in 1729, Crown Prince Christian (VI) took over the estate. Thereafter the castle continued to serve as a hunting lodge for the Danish monarchs until it was ceded to the Danish state in 1849 in connection with the adoption of the Danish Constitution.
Frederik VII and Countess DannerEdit
King Frederik VII acquired Jægerspris Castle on 21 April 1854, the birthday of his morganatic wife Countess Danner, as a place to spend their private life, away from the controversy their liaison had caused back in Copenhagen. They carried out a major renovation of the castle assisted by the architect Johan Henrik Nebelong.
After Frederick's death in 1863, Louise lived a discreet life there. In 1866 she opened part of the castle to the public as a historic house museum where everything was left exactly the way it was, thus commemorating the popular king and their lives together.
In 1873, she founded the Frederick VII's Foundation for Poor Women from the Working Class, and the house was called "The Danner House". On her death, she left Jægerspris Castle "to the benefit of poor and destitute servant girls".

Park
In the years around 1770 the sculptor Johannes Wiedewelt erected a large number of monuments in the park commemorating famous Danish and Norwegian men and women. There are 54 monuments in the park and the adjacent forest, Slotshegnet.
The park also contains Countess Danner’s burial mound and Herman Wilhelm Bissen's bust of Frederik VII.
The large oak trees in the southern section of the park were planted by Frederik V to ensure the availability of timber for naval construction. To the north there are avenues of lime trees.

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Grass snake I think too. Is it a sign how cold it is where you are you managed to photograph it? :) Apart from basking adders mostly every other snake I've ever seen has just been a brief glimpse of them disappearing into the shrubbery. :)

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We crossed over the second bridge this morning and we're now on the "fishing mecca" of Fyn. Martin called into a fishing shop on the way here and was given so much good information (or so he thought). It's not working yet, but our local neighbour isn't having any luck either.

After crossing the bridge we then went up to the most northerly point of the west of the island. A lovely place, but no camping signs put us off staying, even though we've been told that up to 3.5ton motorhomes are treated as cars and as long as we don't put tables and chairs etc. ... out we'll be OK. So we moved after I'd been for a walk around the headland

where we parked but didn't stay ...
IMG_20190821_154518.jpg

We've eventually ended up parked near the "Pilots House" where we feel comfortable to stay.

IMG_20190821_184647.jpg

IMG_20190821_185258.jpg

The "Pilot" has just taken the boat out (and back).
IMG_20190821_194126.jpg

IMG_20190821_201719.jpg

It's all happening here ... except for catching!

The sun is just setting so I'm hoping for a good sunset shot ...

OP
OP
jumartoo

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We've been mountain biking today. Didn't know it was private until the owner spoke to Martin (I was foraging blackberries so he didn't see me!) and we'd already done the ride. A very nice guy, apparently, and just asked Martin to go to the golf club (his also!) and pay the DK100 there. (I think it should have been 100 for me also but he didn't know, so didn't say)!!!

A ride of varying standards. We did the "Blue" and avoided "Red" and we're awestruck at the "Black"!

Martin on a single-track easy descent.
Screenshot_2019-08-22-15-42-00-666_com.miui.gallery.png

And me on the "Blue", foresaking the "Black", 3.5 m water jump!
Screenshot_2019-08-22-15-43-14-326_com.miui.gallery.png

Our Blue route took us through the Black Downhill Trial section. We were gobsmacked with the first bit we met, but it got even more crazy the further we rode.

Easy peasy lemon ... If you're young and crazy and talented.

Not us ...

IMG_20190822_115611.jpg

This one they head downhill from right to left and span the track!
IMG_20190822_115815.jpg

And this had a drop of about 3metres. Doesn't show in the photo, but believe me ...
IMG_20190822_120337.jpg

We survived!!!

Back at the van and our money paid! We set off with no route in mind, but a fortuitous find on P4N got us here. A waterside, free, and better still no "No Overnight" signs which are quite common in this part of Denmark!

IMG_20190822_151137.jpg

IMG_20190822_153843.jpg

IMG_20190822_152250.jpg

Yorkshire Rose ... rools!

IMG_20190822_152559.jpg

We are three vans along!

IMG_20190822_152353.jpg

The weather has been perfect, and still is. We've eaten and had a "Chinese" "FIRO" and the icing on the cake will be "Sea Trout" later.

IMG_20190822_180353.jpg

BUT don't hold your breath.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back