Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, all went to Hull on Sunday for a few days ans to make sure new "to us" van was ok, and to get Cruise control fitted (sorry D Newell) as it was genuine Merc part, pre arranged over the phone.
Found a nice cl about 10 miles away,and arrived Sunday, good trip down from SW Scotland.
Decided to rent a car from Enterprise so rang them monday 9.00am, told yes sir you can have a Corsa automatic, (it has to be auto), took postcode and said they will pick you up about 11 o'clock.
At a quarter to eleven, I rang the call centre to say no one had contacted me for details of where we actually were to pick me up, they put me through to the branch, I gave them the reference number of the booking, and the guy replied "I was just going to ring you- we haven't got a car available for you, sorry!!" Annoyed, I rang the call centre again and told them what had happened, very apologetic, so I aske them to try the other branch in Hull and to get them to ring me back, I am still waiting for the call
So we spent all monday hanging about, due to medical conditions we can't use buses , luckily the weather was lovely!
Tuesday morning we set off for the garage to fit the c/control got there a bit early, booked in at 1.00pm
said hello to Garry I've come to have the c/control fitted to my motorhome, he said are you the chap that wanted it fitting on the r/h side of the steering wheel? I said yes (they couldn't fit it there) he said just a minute as he searched frantically on his computer for my booking, until he said, did you book it in?? what?! I said, I'm here ,come down from Scotland, of course I booked it in!!!! Don't worry we will fit you in , but it might be 2 to 3 hours, ok I said. We went to Asda for a sandwiches, went back and ate them in reception and watched the telly. At 2.45 asked if anything was happening, and was told they were making up a loom, and should be on our way in less than an hour. Shortly a "technician" went to the van and started dismantling the dash and poked about under it .About 15 mins later he drove the van into the workshop and drove it out again 10 mins later. There you are ,sir , all done!!
As I drove the van back to the campsite,it was apparent that the indicators had stopped working! So I rang them back and was told to bring it back first thing tomorrow as they were closing for the day, couldn't send anyone out due to health and safety!!!
Got there 9.00 next morning, the guy that did job took fuse cover off steering column pushed and poked a bit, then said that's it, relay not connecting properly!
Anyway it all worked well in the end, van ran great, so very pleased with it
Score: Motorhome 10/10
Hull City of Culture 2017 1/10
Sorry to go on so long, but I feel better now!!
Cheers, Dave(y)
ps, have called the van Mc Otis
(MC52OTS)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back