SH5438 Stronghold Atlas Wheel Clamp problem with wheel studs :-/ (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
So I bought a Maypole universal wheel clamp like this..

shopping

but it's not universal, didn't fit the alloy wheels on the new motorhome at all. 16 inch wheels 225/75 R16.
So returned it and sucked it up and bought a stronghold atlas wheel clamp like this..

go_331425_a

which comes with a pair of security wheel bolts, the clamp fits, the bolts don't! :mad: they are too small, right thread, wrong size ie M12. I need M16 for the peugeot which Im assuming is the same as the ducato and relay based ones too? I find it hard to believe theres not even an option for different size security bolts ? :-( Other than returning this one too, anyone got any thoughts!?

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Fitting either to my steel wheel will involve removing the standard hubcap. I will stick with just the Diskloc.

Last week I saw one of the Milenco wheel clamps (I think it was Milenco but could be wrong) on the front wheel of a MH on a touring pitch at CMC Tewkesbury. Never seen such extreme security on a campsite - is there a crimewave, that I have not heard about?

OP
OP
PaulC70
May 8, 2021
Bedford, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph792F
Exp
Since June 2021
Aye, probably a bit much on a site, Im talking about at home though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 2, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Adria 690 Platinum
Exp
Ex Caravan owner now a Motorhome owner since November 2020
So I bought a Maypole universal wheel clamp like this..

shopping

but it's not universal, didn't fit the alloy wheels on the new motorhome at all. 16 inch wheels 225/75 R16.
So returned it and sucked it up and bought a stronghold atlas wheel clamp like this..

go_331425_a

which comes with a pair of security wheel bolts, the clamp fits, the bolts don't! :mad: they are too small, right thread, wrong size ie M12. I need M16 for the peugeot which Im assuming is the same as the ducato and relay based ones too? I find it hard to believe theres not even an option for different size security bolts ? :-( Other than returning this one too, anyone got any thoughts!?
I did the same it wouldn't fit my Adria on a Ducato base, took mine back & bought a Milenco wheel clamp.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back