LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Well van was locked up went to garage to get a screwdriver put keys down in the garage closed garage door and locked it.
Oh SH*T keys in garage, wife's keys locked in van.
Ok could break in but don't want to do any damage, at least Hymers come with 3 hab keys.
Phoned daughter she will go to our house get the spare key and post Special Delivery.
Luckily we are at brother in law's so can sleep in the house tonight.
Just got the cloths I'm standing in, just about see through pair of MIL's glasses.
Only Crocs on my feet can't walk far in them.

What a :swear2:

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
That's terrible :(

tenor.gif

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
SO SO BAD.....

NO ONE SHOULD BE FORCED TO WEAR CROCS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
How did you lock the garage door without a key?

Is that more progress that at least I can’t do in my current Hymer maybe it’s not so bad after all (y)

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
How did you lock the garage door without a key?

Is that more progress that at least I can’t do in my current Hymer maybe it’s not so bad after all (y)
Think you can do it on all Hymers, the plastic bit the barrel is in pops out when you unlock it and you turn the key back to the locked position and remove. To lock just push the plastic bit no key needed.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Think you can do it on all Hymers, the plastic bit the barrel is in pops out when you unlock it and you turn the key back to the locked position and remove. To lock just push the plastic bit no key needed.
Yep, mine is the same. Only my keys are in my pocket...... just saying:whistle2:

Sorry.

Not a lot though.

Could have been worse and you did bring a smile to the faces of many - it could have been any of us.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have a spare key secreted behind an existing removable grille. Ever since on of the dogs locked me out.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

I really hope mine has different locks, because of course now I will go and try my locks, then you know if they are the same as yours what will happen next already o_O

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I don’t need to turn the key back to the locked position to remove it on ours (2014)
Unlock, remove key, turn the knob, open locker.
Shut locker, turn the knob, lock with key, remove key and give it a bash in.
I've tried to train myself, too old to teach an old dog new tricks. Manage it for a week and slip back into my old ways

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Our garage is on the central locking, so I am not even going to look at other options, it works fine just like it is :)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Funny you should post about this, I was only saying yesterday that it would be a good idea to have keys for jab door hidden somewhere. In case I lose mine:whistle:

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Complete spare set secreted in van. Spare for the cab secreted outside van. Will trip the van alarm upon entry, but once spare set retrieved, can switch alarm off. This because I have been there and got the T-shirt. :(

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Well van was locked up went to garage to get a screwdriver put keys down in the garage closed garage door and locked it.
Oh SH*T keys in garage, wife's keys locked in van.
Ok could break in but don't want to do any damage, at least Hymers come with 3 hab keys.
Phoned daughter she will go to our house get the spare key and post Special Delivery.
Luckily we are at brother in law's so can sleep in the house tonight.
Just got the cloths I'm standing in, just about see through pair of MIL's glasses.
Only Crocs on my feet can't walk far in them.

What a :swear2:

Yep! :)

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Done worst than that shut door with both sets of keys inside. luckily side locker was unlocked under side seats i was 6ft and 16 stone at time and had a job getting in the door let a locker. Wife is only 5 ft so managed to cram her in and could just about get arm in to push seat base up, surprising how heavy they are with cushion on. I was so pleased it was quiet and nobody saw us.:whistle:

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
The locks to the garage sound the same as Rapido. I can ( and do) unlock the door so handle pops out then lock it again and remove key. Then it is easy to push handle in to lock it. If I were to leave the keys inside the garage then I would have same problem. I think I need to learn from this, admit Alice is right, and only lock it with the key after closing.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I sympathize----- I got out of our car yesterday and shut the door with keys in ignition, the central locking decided to have some fun and lock the doors!!!!-------- but it didn't realize the window was still open !!!!!!!
Nigel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back