Sewing machine recommendations for the MH please :) (1 Viewer)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
My friend has an Elna Lotus which is a really small vintage machine (she inherited it from her mum) . It’s a lovely little machine and so compact to put away. Whilst it is vintage they do still come up for sale as they are such a nice piece of kit.

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
My friend has an Elna Lotus which is a really small vintage machine (she inherited it from her mum) . It’s a lovely little machine and so compact to put away. Whilst it is vintage they do still come up for sale as they are such a nice piece of kit.
I had been looking on fleabay for a while but was hoping to get something for Christmas, i dont think she would accept a cirtificate " i promise to buy the barer a xxx "

The problems with a full sized sewing machine are weight and if not on EHU!
Payload not an issue,
For the odd occasion should have enough solar if a 8hr day project, then expect we will have to concider ehu.
Need to make a decision soonish

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I had been looking on fleabay for a while but was hoping to get something for Christmas, i dont think she would accept a cirtificate " i promise to buy the barer a xxx "

Payload not an issue,
For the odd occasion should have enough solar if a 8hr day project, then expect we will have to concider ehu.
Need to make a decision soonish

It is tricky, I think I would buy a branded machine (Janome etc) for the simple reason it’s easier to buy extra feet and spare bits for them.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Ann bought a Janome. She loves it. It's the same model they use on Sewing Bee and was about £250

Edit: Janome 725S

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Well since these last posts i have been debating brother or janome (of the 2 i posted earlier)
searching for do brother feet fit janome etc., wife already has a big brother, but came to conclusion does it matter, no. If she needs another foot buy it. so janome 219s will be ordered (when i get home this evening) .
Thanks for all your advice/ guidance/ interference (tongue firmly in cheek).
confusion abounds just looked at hobycraft midi (simular to the Aldi version)
BrandJanome
Model Number219S
Item Weight6.6 Kg
Dimensions43.8 x 34.2 x 22.6 cm
Hobbycraft Midi Sewing Machine Weight: 1.922 Kg Dimensions: 28 x 28 x 12 cm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
I bought a Brother FS100WT for Mrs D's Christmas present (not for the MH I know) but was shocked how light it is compared to her 1982 singer, turn's out to be only 7.7 Kg, plus it was £100 off Black Friday deal (y)
1575805133476.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back