Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
Having thrown the supplied waste hose away as useless in both length and strength(!) and purhased much longer and substantial pipes from Lynda (SST) thoughts now turn to storage. Not a problem at the moment as they're clean, however after their first use......... :RollEyes:

So where do you folks store 20' sewer hoses? Any useful suggestions? I'm sure I read somewhere that someone had stored them behind the bumpers? How were they fixed? Can just imagine driving along with a mucky snake hanging out of the rear bumper :Smile:

Mick

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Having thrown the supplied waste hose away as useless in both length and strength(!) and purhased much longer and substantial pipes from Lynda (SST) thoughts now turn to storage. Not a problem at the moment as they're clean, however after their first use......... :RollEyes:

So where do you folks store 20' sewer hoses? Any useful suggestions? I'm sure I read somewhere that someone had stored them behind the bumpers? How were they fixed? Can just imagine driving along with a mucky snake hanging out of the rear bumper :Smile:

Mick

Hi Mick,

Mine store In the rear bumper section with rubber end bungs.

You can also purchase plastic Hose holders for the pipe.Approx 4" diameter.

"Can just imagine driving along with a mucky snake hanging out of the rear bumper" Not a pleasant thought.Link Removed

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I'v seen these on 5th wheelers.
the rear "bumper" is a 4" round tube and you just push the convoluted hose inside. obviously it has end caps.
you could make an add-on using 4" drainage pipe from a builders merchant and secure under the rear skirt only adding a couple of kilos.
just a thought.

john.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
:Doh: :Doh: Awwww Mick!

I have sewer hose carriers on the shelf.....pity you didn't mention when you were over here :RollEyes:

Never mind, your other bits will be here soon, in the meantime, remember to let the grey water tank go AFTER the smelly stuff has discharged....that'll go some way towards rinsing them out. :roflmto:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
tuscancouple

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
Ahh, that's a good idea about the drain pipe as it could be fixed behind the rear skirt and the hose slid into it. Result! Thanks!

Lynda, you could of asked where I was going to put it ::bigsmile: and that you had something that would be of assistance :thumb:

Mick

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Ahh, that's a good idea about the drain pipe as it could be fixed behind the rear skirt and the hose slid into it. Result! Thanks!

Lynda, you could of asked where I was going to put it ::bigsmile: and that you had something that would be of assistance :thumb:

Mick

Now how was I to know you weren't already sorted by Travelworld ....one assumed that you already knew where to put it :whatthe: :ROFLMAO:

Agreed, 'tis a good idea re the drainpipe.....make sure you plug the ends up tho' otherwise you will have that mucky snake following you down the road! :ROFLMAO:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Linda

Is the hose you supply the heavy duty grey and have you got a photo and what lengths does it come in.

Drained my tanks today and sprayed the lawn at the same time I've got the light weight pale blue hose pin holes devolping everywhere.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Ror

That'll keep the moles at bay :roflmto:

I have the brown heavy duty 15 mil vinyl hoses in 10, 15 and 20 foot lengths on the shelf.

The grey is what they call the super heavy duty 18 mil, that comes in 10 or 20ft lengths.
One step up is the Rhinoflex which is allegedly the dogs danglies of sewer hoses but of course the quality is reflected in the price.

I will be getting some of the latter to give it a whirl.....another shipment due in 4 weeks (yeah, I know, wasn't SUPPOSED to be shipping again this side of Xmas but we HAVE to :RollEyes: ).

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Where to keep them !!!!!!!!!!

I like to have a few hoses and will ask for some more soon off Linda , you can never have enough !.

Keep them in the bumper.... Great except mine has self tapping srews sticking through from the anti spray thing / brush on the back. So all that does is put holes in the waste pipes.

I have three 15' ones coiled into one of those plastic boxes on wheels that are designed to go under your bed at home. Keep them in that in the hold. Not ideal. but works.

Long 4" tubes ie waste pipes under the RV would be a great plan.

Regards

Lampie

F

fordy

Deleted User
Hi i have a 4" tube soil pipe under the RV with a few holes in it . a bolt in one end to stop the hose from pushing out the end and the other end is behind the locker door so when it is closed it cant slide out but if you dont have this then you can get a push fit cap or screw on one with the 4" soil pipe. and hang it on some 4" pipe brackets ..

FORDY:Smile:

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Fordy

Think thats the way to go, as per my reply above. You could have 120' under the RV pull it out as you need it.

Regards

Lampie

OP
OP
tuscancouple

tuscancouple

Free Member
Oct 8, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since 2007
We're going the 4" pipe fixed under the RV. B&Q even carry a choice of colours ::bigsmile: brown, grey or black with end caps to match. Tomorrow I'll investigate the fixing.

Mick

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back