Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
we set off on our hols friday, motorhome's packed just food to go in and im all excited 1st stop dover marine parade then from calais we will stop just north of stuttgart, after there we head for italy balzano (spelling) we meet up with lisas mum there and stay for a few days before we head to garda, after the stop at garda we head to venice for a few days then on to croatia where we will have a beach type holiday for a week or so.
we then head back up to austria to leogang where i meet up with some of the guys from cyclejunkies and ride at the kona bike park, we then head to munich for a few days, after munich we go to disneyland then back to calais and home, we are away for a month so have a lot to squeeze in, i will try and post some updates of our trip with some pics.

thanks for all the info i got off you all for our trip:thumb:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Have a great trip.:thumb:
Safe journey.
Will look forward to your reports and pics.::bigsmile:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I dont reckon there's any need to tell you to have fun, it sounds brilliant. Be safe.
Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
It'll be good to hear this part of your trip, never been that way.

I'll bet it will be HOT.

we went last year brian and it was so beautiful we decided to go back this year but via italy because we have never been,

where else can you have this type of holiday, city,lake and beach holiday all in 1 and you get to see all the real parts of the places you visit.
i do love having a motorhome::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
it was so beautiful we decided to go back this year but via italy because we have never been,

You can't say more than that about a place.

Two best trips on Garda, IMHO, walk around Sirmione and go to Malchesini and take the cable car.

If you have balls of steel, take your bike up the cable car and come down the hard way.

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
If you have balls of steel, take your bike up the cable car and come down the hard way.

thats the stuff im into brian,downhill mtb thats the reason we are stopping at leogang, do they allow you to ride down brian?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
thats the stuff im into brian,downhill mtb thats the reason we are stopping at leogang, do they allow you to ride down brian?

When were at the top of Mt Baldo we saw a car arrive with 10/15 bikes, filled the car. Now I don't know if this was club organised or maybe one car a day. But you can walk or cycle down. There is a road too, we saw delivery vans.

Link Removed
Link Removed

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Have a great time all of you, dont forget plenty of pics.

:cry::cry: I have to wait till September before we get over the water

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Sounds like a great trip, enjoy and post the pics.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hope you have good time, we did almost same trip in 2002.
Landed in Ostend, through Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Italy, then back through Germany and France.

Nice place in Austria was Faaker see, beautiful lake, we went to Mosenicka Draga in Croatia, lovely beach, back into italy to Trieste were I have relatives for a few days, then Lake Garda (Malcesne) lovely little town with cobbled streets, and you must go upto Monte Baldo in the cable car, then onto Venice, used plenty of aires along the way.

have a safe trip

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Tommy

Bring the sun cream as its roasting in Garda just now. If you are going via Innsbruck id recommend natter see camp site and also you can go up to 3000m with cable car from city centre and cycle down if your daft enough you can cycle up:ROFLMAO:

Have a great time might pass you we leave here on monday going back germany way.

Gerry

OP
OP
T

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
Hi Tommy

Bring the sun cream as its roasting in Garda just now. If you are going via Innsbruck id recommend natter see camp site and also you can go up to 3000m with cable car from city centre and cycle down if your daft enough you can cycle up:ROFLMAO:

Have a great time might pass you we leave here on monday going back germany way.

Gerry

thanks gerry, i will ride down the mountains no probs, but riding up is a no no lol im a downhiller so dont do uphills:ROFLMAO:

thanks to every1 for the replys and wellwishes:thumb:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
we went last year brian and it was so beautiful we decided to go back this year but via italy because we have never been,

where else can you have this type of holiday, city,lake and beach holiday all in 1 and you get to see all the real parts of the places you visit.
i do love having a motorhome::bigsmile:
c an I ask what map you used for Croatia - I'm assuming tom tom is not much use there as they only cover 40% and mostly cities. Have seen several maps but which one is best?

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Have a great time, we've just done Garda, Venice (Lido de Jessolo) and Paris. Weather lovely, plenty of Italian Ice Cream and Vino Blanco.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back