Servo failure error on Oyster Vision II (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2009
Heybrook Bay, Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur 950 LVX
Exp
Always learning...
Hi all
Hoping someone can help me with a problem that i’m having with my Oyster Vision II.
When I start the unit up it first displays ‘Oyster Vision II’ followed after a couple of seconds by a click and the display ‘version 1.07’, it then repeats this cycle a few times until eventually displaying ‘Servo Failure’. The dish doesn’t extend. I can normally eventaully get it working by pressing various (apparently) random combination of buttons - sometimes it seems to fix it in a couple of presses, othertimes it can be dozens.
When the dish does eventually extend it operates fine and always retracts without an Issue but the problem happens every time I start up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Andy

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Andy,

The problem with your system is most likely within the brain unit of the system as the Vision II's do not have electronics in the roof unit.
I have never seen the message "Servo failure" before on a Vision II system so I am a little unsure what sort of problem you actually have however there is a problem that can arise with Vision II systems that would explain your fault. Normally I would expect to see errors such as "tuner failure" or FPGA failure". If you are getting either of these errors as well as the mentioned error then the main control unit is malfunctioning and needs to be sent to our head office for repair.
If you would like to discuss this further then please contact me on 01858575928.
Our office is open monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:00 and either myself or Pat will normally be available to speak to you.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
I've had that message when the dish has fouled an open vent. Are you sure yours isn't catching on something?

Malcolm

OP
OP
AndyJJDavies
Sep 29, 2009
Heybrook Bay, Plymouth, UK
Funster No
MH
LeVoyageur 950 LVX
Exp
Always learning...
I've had that message when the dish has fouled an open vent. Are you sure yours isn't catching on something?

Malcolm

I don’t think so and on the basis that it does eventually go up OK then I guess it’s not but I’ll certainly check this the next time I’m at the van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back