Servicing Air Conditioning Units (1 Viewer)

greens5927

Free Member
Mar 14, 2012
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RV low profile
Exp
1 year
Hi - this is the first time I have used a forum - ever! So this is an experiment!!
We have a 2005 Knaus Ti Motorhome with air conditioning unit. The literature says it needs to be serviced annually to avoid Legionnaires Disease. Does anyone know where we can get it serviced near/ in East Yorkshire? Help/ advice greatly appreciated!!

Thank You - Martin

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
The more regularly it is used (even for a short period) the less likely it is to need servicing.

Air con units that are never used build up bacteria and this causes an unpleasant smell. It doesn't have to be hot to use it, just switch it on regularly and give it an airing.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
mine hasnt been touched in 13 years and I, or the previous owner, dont have Legionnaires Disease. :Doh:

I thought your hat was on backwards John .. looks like a legionnaires :roflmto:

As to the OPs question..

if you don't mind clambering on the roof and can use a Phillips screwdriver.. cleaning is a very easy job..

Isolate the unit, remove the top cover, usually held by four screws, then clean any derbies that may have collected and give the condenser a bit of a clean with a brush ..

If needed it can be blown out with compressed air or water jet, but that needs to be done carefully not to get water into any electrics or indeed inside the van.. it won't be dirty if you haven't used it much .. so a quick inspection and dust off may be all it needs..

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I run mine in the winter

Never have it serviced, but I do run the cab air con and the roof one in the winter every few weeks to keep them working and the seals in good shape.

But I am sure a lot of motorhome servicing places will do it for you. Or contact a commercial company that does aircon on delivery vans as they are in effect the same.

By the way welcome to the forum

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back