Service provider for Oyster 85 Internet Satellite (1 Viewer)

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
I'm looking to find an ISP for use in Europe over as broad an area as possible.

I understand that there are two satellite options, Avanti and the coverage appears to vary and I imagine prices vary depending on ISP and country.

Am I right in thinking that if we take a contract via a UK ISP then we will get a UK IP address allowing the watching of UK channels ?

Also who do you suggest as an ISP ?

How much data per month for say 30 hours of TV, general surfing and maybe 5 hours of VOIP ?

thanks Alistair

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Jim's the man to ask - he has Oyster Satellite Internet

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Here is the company I use. https://www.satelliteinternet.co.uk/
They have a variety of packages, but 30 hrs of TV will be at least 30gb of data at standard resolution, double and more for HD. You will have a UK IP which resolves the TV region issue. You can get a package with top ups available during the month, my current rate is £37.95 for 10gb per month.
Michael

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good afternoon,

Broadband Everywhere and BeyonDSL (Satellite internet) are the two most used ISP's in the UK for Satellite internet subscriptions and who we recommend to Oyster internet customers.
Both offer very competitive subscription packages so it really is down to what you want to use the internet for when considering which ISP to choose.

When choosing the provider you wish to use it is important to note that BeyonDSL only offer packages with fixed data allowances where as Broadband everywhere offer unlimited data allowance packages. The thing know is that really is not a lot of difference between these two offerings. Both will slow your connection the more data you use, both offer chargeable resets should you require and both will reset your data allowance at the end of each month. You can read the different companies wording here:

https://www.broadbandeverywhere.co.uk/page/fairusepolicy

All I would say is keep an eye on the data you use over the course of a month and make sure you take the package that suits your requirements otherwise you may experience a very slow connection when you start to approach the limit.

OP
OP
Alistair33

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Many thanks Anthony
On the TV side, will the system automatically pick up the various satellites and come preprogrammed for them all .... as I understand it, the system will come with the Oyster TV ?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Many thanks Anthony
On the TV side, will the system automatically pick up the various satellites and come preprogrammed for them all .... as I understand it, the system will come with the Oyster TV ?
No the Oyster Internet system comes with a HD Free to Air receiver but no TV That isn't a problem as the Oyster packages that come with the TV use Avtex TV's stocked at any decent installer

Your dealer should be able to advise you re the best TV options and should also be able to guide you as to setting the system up with a 12 volt DC, password secure Wireless network to avoid plugging a LAN cable direct into the Newtec allowing for phone, tablet and things like Amazon Firestick and Netflix

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Eddie is indeed correct. Unfortunately we do not currently offer the Oyster internet system as a premium. The internet configuration is only available using the Oyster HD digital receiver.
That being said the Oyster receiver comes pre-programmed with channels from multiple Satellites that can be received over Europe providing you are within the relevant footprint. The channels are programmed into one list and changing channel to a service on a different Satellite will cause the dish to realign to that service automatically.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back