Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
Hi, I recently bought a new (to me) motorhome. The service book is empty and although the dealer was going to get it serviced before sale, there is no evidence of that. The dealer is just saying the evidence is in the pack they gave me, which it isn't.

So, it will probably be easier just to try and find out myself. Does anyone know if there is somewhere online i can go to and find out what the service history of my moho is? I know with my Mercedes I could just see the SH online.

Thanks

Gerry

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
i dont know any other dealer answering anything at 11oclock on a friday night. I think that is going beyond duty
Apparently not 😂 however I take pride in what I do and I am proud of my team given how hard that they work and the abuse they deal with at the moment! I have at the moment 25 baileys, 14 swifts 8 Knaus and others that the manufacturers cannot finish as they can’t get the bits because of delays COVID customs paperwork etc etc. the main port in China that basically exports everything in the world shut a couple of days ago because of COVID and the repercussions to shipping and supply will be horrific.
Today my girlfriend who runs my front counter had an old boy tell her to look out because we couldn’t get a replacement awning light as they are 250 in a queue on back order. This is the 14th time she has been threatened this month with actual abuse because we cannot get parts. I am sure that is worth the £10.59 an hour she earns….

Upvote 0

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
I know the problems you are having at the moment. People cant think of anyone but them self. The supply chain is crap at the moment im waiting for a blind from chausson from a year ago and i dont have the van now I part x it 2 months ago :LOL: :rofl:
Remis clips have a million stuck in customs since January. They can’t sort the paperwork to bring them in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We import Victron direct from Victron in Holland. If we order Victron power products (inverters, chargers etc) delivery is three or four days, our last solar panel order took SIX weeks

Ended up in customs in London apparently where it seemed they stayed until, the difference we were told is the carrier Victron use for solar pallets🤷‍♂️ Nothing Victron or Van Bitz said or did changed anything.

Dometic have advised us along with many other companies that shipping cost have increased four or five times since the pandemic which means they’ll only ship full containers, further adding to the supply crisis

It’s a lot easier when everyone is patient and polite, and despite what some think, being a keyboard warrior and firing off emails loaded with angst and threats actually is more likely to put you to the back of the queue, for example:-

Over the lockdown loads of people’s batteries went flat, Van Bitz sell the World famous Battery Master, we had sold the entire 2021 stock in the four weeks of opening after lockdown

So a chat with our manufacturer to ramp up production and we ask them to make as many as they can till further notice.

Now we sell them, but also loads of the dealers buy them from, along with Solar Panel suppliers etc.

Travelworld for example order them 50 or 60 at a time, we get an email asking for a repeat order, courtesy call back to explain the situation, which is we don’t have any! and response is ‘That’s OK let us have them as soon as you can! its not your fault.

I‘ve been away in my camper for a couple of weeks, but I’ve been told we should get Battery Masters delivered again early next week, and as soon as humanly possible we’ll be fulfilling back orders.

In the interim we’ve been getting shitty emails from people wanting to buy a Battery Master, one single Battery Master, and having been told that we’ve sold out, unprecedented demand, lockdown, Covid etc they come back to us with’s threats that if their van gets stolen, because their engine battery has gone flat, so no tracking system, which as a condition of insurance they have to have, they will be holding us responsible!

Of course when we point out that if it is genuinely a condition of insurance to have an active device, that it is ‘their’ responsibility to ensure that the engine battery is kept in a good condition, and that Battery Master would be one of many different ways to achieve it, and as they are not a customer there is no contract between us so absolutely no liability for their ‘threat’

This normally elicits a curt and grumpy, “You’d better call me when you get them in then”

You can imagine how far down the list that gets placed! given that we are being threatened by someone who isn’t even a customer, who wants to buy a Sixty quid Battery Master and is rude

Customer service only goes so far, and sometimes it’s sensible not to make some a customer in the first place!

Upvote 0
May 17, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance SE
Exp
I am a Newbie
I‘ve been away in my camper for a couple of weeks, but I’ve been told we should get Battery Masters delivered again early next week, and as soon as humanly possible we’ll be fulfilling back orders.

Mr Vanbitz, Sir. Venerable Installation Master, Sir. Honorable Funster, Sir. Most Excellence Campsite Owner, Sir.......
I have my MH booked mid July for a number of your outstanding quality products to be fitted, including the Battery Master.
So I am hoping one will be reserved for me, as a return from ‘upt North’ is a reet journey.......

..... Besides wouldn’t want to have to send in your boy to ‘Duff you up’ for letting one of his clients down. !!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

(Guess that’s me at the back of the queue then !) 😂😂😂😂😂

Upvote 0

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Mr Vanbitz, Sir. Venerable Installation Master, Sir. Honorable Funster, Sir. Most Excellence Campsite Owner, Sir.......
I have my MH booked mid July for a number of your outstanding quality products to be fitted, including the Battery Master.
So I am hoping one will be reserved for me, as a return from ‘upt North’ is a reet journey.......

..... Besides wouldn’t want to have to send in your boy to ‘Duff you up’ for letting one of his clients down. !!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

(Guess that’s me at the back of the queue then !) 😂😂😂😂😂
Dear most important person in the World, a Van Bitz Customer, of course we will have allocated stock for you 😀

Upvote 0

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Wow!! It’s a lot different to the experience I had buying off Simon-Alan Kerr (when he was running Howard’s)
It was one of the most pleasurable experiences of buying a vehicle ever. He went above and beyond to get me into my Sonic A class where I’m 100% certain if another dealer in the country had the same moho in stock they wouldn’t have put the hard work in to do me the deal I got with Simon. It’s exactly the same great service I get from dealing with eddievanbitz it runs in the family👍😁😁

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Deleted post due to earlier posts answered🙄

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Sorry to disturb you but in my opinion its not far off needing a cam belt, simply due to age ? Or am I just being negative?
Mike
It’s only just three years old cam belt at five years I believe? So you are a bit negative I think🤔😊

Upvote 0

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Wow!! It’s a lot different to the experience I had buying off Simon-Alan Kerr (when he was running Howard’s)
It was one of the most pleasurable experiences of buying a vehicle ever. He went above and beyond to get me into my Sonic A class where I’m 100% certain if another dealer in the country had the same moho in stock they wouldn’t have put the hard work in to do me the deal I got with Simon. It’s exactly the same great service I get from dealing with eddievanbitz it runs in the family👍😁😁
Perhaps it’s because you don’t send arsey emails and don’t consider yourself the company’s only customer (y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back