Service garage for Renault in Cambs/Northants Area? (1 Viewer)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
We bought a new Renault Matrix van almost 4 years old ago (May 2017) from the now closed Becks of Gt Yarmouth.
After 2 years we had it serviced by the main Renault dealer nearest us in Peterborough when they stated that the date Renault sold the van to Adria was November 2016 which was of no great concern as the warranty was running out anyway. We had the first MOT done by Becks at the end of October 20 in line with Covid guidance.
So with its 2nd/4 year and now major service due I was expecting a £400 sum but this time after contacting me, the Renault dealer has decided that the 5 year service should be done as well so £450 plus another £300.
I would like to get another quote from a garage in the East of England West (as the BBC titles us) or within 50ish miles of Peterborough/Cambridge area. Van is just under 3m and 3800Kg. My local garage man has only recommended another main dealer. Any practical ideas out there? Not too enamoured with Renault and the dealer looks to be taking advantage. Haven't heard of too many vehicles blowing their engines when they were not being serviced last year.
At this moment thinking of biting the bullet and asking through gritted teeth for the 4yr service now and the 5yr with mot in October.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back