Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
So, its just a year since we bought the van and its first service is due anytime now. I had a quote from Peugeot to do the service, which was an eye watering £350+
Basically, just an oil and filters change and a quick check to see if everything is still there / done up.
I'n not keen on using dealers but obviously want to keep the service record book properly stamped. Can I use an independent?
Any recommendations around South East Kent area ( we live just outside Deal) or is it worth travelling a little?
Allan

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My understanding is because of some EU rule (bless them*) you can more or less use any garage but I suspect the average UK dealership would wriggle if you subsequently went to them for a warranty repair and the service manual showed it had been touched by someone else.

But do you need a full service after 12 months? Our Fiat has a 24 month service interval but you can get a "low mileage" service done after 12 months by our local dealer which is around £150.00. Of course our vehicles have different engines.

*I'm not a UKIP supporter as you can see.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Thanks, I just looked in the service book, and like yours, ours is a 2 year or 25000 mile interval, so I guess I will leave it a while. It does specify 12 months or 20000 miles if used in arduous conditions. I don't think that counts if your on holiday all the time!
I did however change the oil at 5000 miles ( old habits with old cars dies hard) and used the recommended long life stuff.
I might check if the dealer does a low mileage service, but it was them that said it needed servicing at 12 months, hence the reason for not wanting to use them ( and their prices)
Mileage now is almost 9000.
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back