Sept 7 - 9th (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Thinking we would like to go away for the weekend of Sept 7 - 9th but lacking inspiration - anyone got any ideas??

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
:roflmto::roflmto:
Anyone else?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
We're at working at Vanfest at Malvern that weekend ...................acres of VW camper vans of all ages dating WAAAAAAAAAy back. :eek:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
You could always come to sunny Blackpool!!::bigsmile:

The Pleasure Beach is open (buy your ride wristbands online and save £5.00) and the Illuminations get turned on next weekend. Loads of sites around the Blackpool area and the Lake District is only 1 hours drive away if you want to get away from the hustle & bustle. Ive also put in a special request for the sun to shine on the dates you are wanting. Not had a reply from the man upstairs yet but fingers crossed!!!:winky:

Fraid I wont be here to welcome you (im off diving ::bigsmile: in Wales) but you will have a ball!!:roflmto:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Isn´t there a show on that weekend at Shepton Mallet? I fancy going down there to distribute a few flyers :roflmto::roflmto: Anyone going to be there?

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Sadly not, but still churning 'em out with my Ebay wins :winky:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Thanks for suggestions folks - didn't realy want to go too far, as cannot leave until Fri eve and have to be back for Sunday afternoon......

gillr49

Free Member
Aug 8, 2007
Holbeach Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi

Craven Heifer at Skipton

Lovely car park with water + electric
Super views. good food and drink. Nice town. Good walking

Have a good time whereever

:winky::winky::winky:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hey guys, how about joining us at High Onn CC site near Stafford? Do-able for the weekend from your neck of the woods.......:Cool:

Laurie

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hey guys, how about joining us at High Onn CC site near Stafford? Do-able for the weekend from your neck of the woods.......:Cool:

Laurie

Sounds great Laurie - Could you post a link please so I can book it?

Many thanks.

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Yup, will PM details Sharon.....just off to get the link....

Laurie

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Laurie
I am looking forward to this already ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: I hope they can handle a little RV ::bigsmile:
Shall I start it up now ready for the off :roflmto::roflmto:
Thanks for the suggestion and the invitation........

Keith

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Just wash it in very hot water Keith and maybe it'll shrink a bit :roflmto:

CC usually say if a site can't handle big rigs, but I'm off to go and check it out better.

This is soooooooo exciting!!! A mini-meet!!!

:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Laurie
Thanks for that, I give the "hot wash" a miss though thanks :roflmto:
We will be booking in tomorrow, I am sure that being an ex RAF airfield, they should be able to take us.....
See you there ::bigsmile:

Keith

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Great , look forward to it - I've checked the info on the CC website, no mention of size problems, in fact the travel details specifically say that one should follow their directions and NOT satnav particularly those with "LARGE OUTFITS" - they mean us I guess.....and you!! :roflmto::roflmto:

It looked worth a try for a weekend and a visit to Ironbridge etc might be nice.

Laurie

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
We have been to Ironbridge some time ago and it was fantastic, Also went to RAF Cosford which was great as well, they have a Polaris missile on display and this I found really interesting (for some unknown reason :roflmto::roflmto:).
We will probably not be up to travelling out as it is not so easy to find parking for an RV in these car parks, but we will see.....
Thanks again.

Keith

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Great , look forward to it - I've checked the info on the CC website, no mention of size problems, in fact the travel details specifically say that one should follow their directions and NOT satnav particularly those with "LARGE OUTFITS" - they mean us I guess.....and you!! :roflmto::roflmto:

It looked worth a try for a weekend and a visit to Ironbridge etc might be nice.

Laurie

OOOO, 'large outfits' what shall I wear......:roflmto:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Right we are booked in for Friday and Saturday.

Look forward to seeing you there Laurie!!

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Fantastic! I noted they say NOT to follow satnav directions those of us with "large outfits" (small clothes only Sharon!!!!) and that the last bit of road is "narrow for large outfits, with passing places", so it could be fun!! Dust off the maps.....

Look forward to it - :Cool:::bigsmile:

Laurie

PS Seems there is space available on that site so anyone else on the forum relatively close to Stafford area might want to join us? Being CC one cannot book specific pitches, but whoever arrives first could "keep" a neighbouring pitch available, otherwise we'll just to wend our way between pitches and find one another!! No big deal either way.

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Great idea Laurie.

Do you want to put up a seperate thread just in case someone who might want to go hasn't read this one?

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Should we add it to the calendar? As its pretty short notice people can phone the site asap and book direct, or use the CCs online booking, and just tell us they have booked, informally via one of these threads?

Being CC, it is likely not to have great availability for big 'uns so best to phone and not use the online booking facility (i think CC say generally that those over 28ft should phone to check if site can accommodate them). No toilet block at this site, BTW, so onboard facilities required :Smile:

Teeny weeny 24 footers like our Adria should have no problem!! ::bigsmile:

Laurie

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Laurie

Adding it to the calendar would be a good idea - also a quick post to that effect as well ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back