seperate shower vs Combo (1 Viewer)

Motoberg

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Funster No
MH
A Class
Chaps and Chapesses,
What are your views on the practicality of the separte shower cubicle against the 'all in one' ?
Are the all in ones a pain, I realise they do that to be more space effcient ?

Cheers

Steve

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
Having owned 2 vans with a combo shower and loo, I can honestly say I never thought about this question, both vans had plenty of room around the same as a shower cubical in a house, yes there is also a loo and a basin in the same area, but we have had no problems.

Nick

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Chaps and Chapesses,
What are your views on the practicality of the separte shower cubicle against the 'all in one' ?
Are the all in ones a pain, I realise they do that to be more space effcient ?

Cheers

Steve

Ours is separate but most of the time it's spare storage. We use site showers. I've often thought "this would be better as a cupboard".

But if you did a lot of wild camping, different matter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Never used the all in one but my Mum and Dad Caravaned for many years and often complained about the all in one, specifically the cleaning up (drying out) after use.

Having got into RVs we'd be reluctant to go to the all in one but they certainly use up less space so I suppose it depends on what type of MH you fancy and the sort of use you intend to make out of it.

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Having owned caravans before the MH we've had lots of variations.

Combined wet room , with a perspex and magnet panel , works OK as it stops the rest of the bathroom getting wet n soapy. But not much room to move.
The combined wet room , with shower curtain , is a pain in the bum , or sticks to the bum :Blush:.
By far the best combination, for us , is the one we have now .
A roomy , separate cubicle which you can raise your elbows , with a tall shower ( I'm 5 ' 11" our 15 year old is 6' 2" !!) wash your hair in , bend down , wash your feet in :Doh:
With a bi fold door. That doesn't leak ! :ROFLMAO:

We rally a lot and dont have the use of site showers very often .
The shower cubicle does get used as a shoe cupboard sometimes , usually winter months.
There are 5 of us and we found a nice plastic tall box that fits in nicely with all the wellies n walking boots etc .
But its easily lifted out , when we need to use the shower .
I.M.O. if you know you are going to use your shower , make sure you can , step in and pretend your having one. Wash your hair , bend etc. You'll be surprised how small some are , width wise .
Bev

Upvote 0

jg147

Free Member
Jun 14, 2010
West Yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
new
We have a seperate shower and I do use it, I do not often use site showers. You do go through a lot of water using a shower. We had a caravan before and hubby still brings the waste and water hog in motorhome (I can hear some funsters laughing now) We do go through so much water, honest and it saves moving the motorhome if it is not a serviced pitch. 120L will not last us a day, not sure what the heck we do with it as we bring bottled drinking water too? maybe we are very clean people, I always turn the tap off to wash my hands and turn it back on ect?

When we bought our caravan we listened to people we knew who had them and in general thoughs without a seperate shower did not use them due to everything getting wet.

As previous funsters have said, it is really down to where and what you want to use the motorhome for. My hubby and son use site showers if on a nice site but use our own if at a small CL site without facilities.

The water is something to consider, I tend to turn it off whilst actually having a wash so to speak to save running out.

The other problem is actually getting a seperate shower, we struggled to find the van we wanted with one, as well as our other requirements:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Combo ...

Combo showers, swing wall showers etc all a load of rubbish designed by marketing teams who never get in one of their vans and use them. If you are 5' tall you may find it ok but trying to use the loo with your knees and thighs pressed into the walls or doors is not the best experience.

The problem is that every manufacturer is trying to outdo its competitors and they will have for instance 'more cupboards than the year before' in spite of the fact that you allready have too many, it adds weight and they put it over the bed so you hit your head on them.:cry:

We have one, I'm sure it won several awards but in practice, it is the single worst piece of useless design immaginable.

But then eveything else is great and as you know 'Everything in life has a flaw'

Regards Richard

Upvote 0

cornishaich

Free Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Cornwall.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A year.
We have a seperate shower as I have had a laryngectomy and the site showers are usually fixed too high. Being laryngectomee, means I breathe though a hole in the front of my neck (Where the adams apple should be) and keeping water away from this area is paramount. Saying that we also use it while driving as storage,(the shower that is not the hole in the neck):ROFLMAO: very convenient and it is much easier to clean than a combo.:thumb:
Harry

Upvote 0

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We had a combi in the last van (Mondial) which i liked as it was roomy (by mh shower standards) but the downside as previously stated was the emptying out before hand, clean up afterwards and wet feet when you go for a wee for a few hours after using the shower!

Our van now has a separate shower which although smaller is a lot easier even though I am not exactly sylph like :Blush:

Having said that we full timed for 9 months in the Mondial and managed perfectly fine with a combined shower/ toilet.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back