Separate Petition exemption from Low Emission Zones please sign (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Dear everyone,

I found a separate e-Petition which specifically requests exemption for Low Emissions Zones. It is different from the petition on emission charges.

Even if you dont currently live in a LEZ zone please consider signing the petition, it is possible that in future these zones may be installed in all major cities in the UK and more of us will have to touch or pass through an LEZ. As we currently live in an LEZ if we are not given exemption it looks like we wont be able to afford the £200 per day fine and will have to get rid of our beloved mh and we dont want to do that.

I dont know what the legal definition of a campervan is, but I am hoping and presuming it refers to all motorhomes large or small, if not perhaps we need to someone get the petition amended so it includes all sizes.

THE PETITION READS

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to grant an exemption to campervans in the Low Emission Zone. More details

The petition link is Link Removed

Deadline to sign up by: 02 June 2009

Please pass this on to any motorhome and camping magasines, clubs etc etc so that the word can be spread.

Thank you all so much for reading this

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Dear everyone,

I found a separate e-Petition which specifically requests exemption for Low Emissions Zones. It is different from the petition on emission charges.

Even if you dont currently live in a LEZ zone please consider signing the petition, it is possible that in future these zones may be installed in all major cities in the UK and more of us will have to touch or pass through an LEZ. As we currently live in an LEZ if we are not given exemption it looks like we wont be able to afford the £200 per day fine and will have to get rid of our beloved mh and we dont want to do that.

I dont know what the legal definition of a campervan is, but I am hoping and presuming it refers to all motorhomes large or small, if not perhaps we need to someone get the petition amended so it includes all sizes.

THE PETITION READS

"We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to grant an exemption to campervans in the Low Emission Zone. More details

The petition link is Link Removed

Deadline to sign up by: 02 June 2009​

Please pass this on to any motorhome and camping magasines, clubs etc etc so that the word can be spread.​

Thank you all so much for reading this​

I have signed the petition, however I thought responsibility and control of the LEZ lay not with the government but the Lord Mayor of London, I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. I seem to remember contacting my MP about it ages ago. That being the case maybe we should also be lobbying the Lord Mayors Office as well.

Last edited:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
My signature has been put on the list

Cheers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I'm sorry to be blunt but we have just seen - Link Removed - that petitioning No 10 on this subject is a waste of time.

LEZ legislation is a power which has been given by parliament to local authorities and any changes to that power will require amendment of national legislation.

By all means put together petitions but please direct them at people who can take the action requested as, otherwise, it's a waste of time. Alternatively, contact the London Mayor's office direct. I have done that on a number of occasions and my pleas have been rejected but if enough people do it then maybe they might change their minds.

Graham

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Graham

I agree, do you know if its possible to run an online partition to the Mayor's office.

Braunston

I'm sorry to be blunt but we have just seen - Link Removed - that petitioning No 10 on this subject is a waste of time.

LEZ legislation is a power which has been given by parliament to local authorities and any changes to that power will require amendment of national legislation.

By all means put together petitions but please direct them at people who can take the action requested as, otherwise, it's a waste of time. Alternatively, contact the London Mayor's office direct. I have done that on a number of occasions and my pleas have been rejected but if enough people do it then maybe they might change their minds.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi, Graham

I agree, do you know if its possible to run an online partition to the Mayor's office.

Braunston
I don't think so - the No 10 thing was just one of Blair's ways of conning us into thinking the government cared so I don't think anyone else has taken a similar step ::bigsmile:

However, in looking at the Mayor's web site I came across some Link Removed - seems that Boris is looking at not taking the scheme any further, which means that anyone with a van lighter than 3.5 tonnes is going to be OK.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back