[Sep 28, 2016] PLAYA CAMBRILS near Salou - Chillout fortnight (Cambrils) (2 Viewers)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
is there only 2 ppl attending?

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
We might be able to attend this depending on when we are able to leave the UK, would like to meet up with old friends (canopus)!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Still only 2 attending

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
We had pitch no: 262 confirmed on February 02

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hi @JaG - sorry, but we now won't be following you down to Spain. I've cancelled or booking with the site.

Still on for Twin Lakes though.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Will all of those attending this meet please put their names down on the attending list so I know who is coming down with us.
Thanks
Can't see away of adding my name to either the attending (not yet booked but just after moto gp so fits) or even the perhaps list. could do with some help on this please. we would probably be arriving a couple of days before the meet starts as that would fit in with our trip to Alcaniz.
John has a guitar and a banjo, but can't play either so will be leaving them at home. :)

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Can't see away of adding my name to either the attending (not yet booked but just after moto gp so fits) or even the perhaps list. could do with some help on this please. we would probably be arriving a couple of days before the meet starts as that would fit in with our trip to Alcaniz.
John has a guitar and a banjo, but can't play either so will be leaving them at home. :)
Don't worry about it. When you have booked, though at that time of the year you don't even need to that if you don't mind where you are parked, jus lt us know.
Any tune is a good tune after a few wines. :drink:

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
we will be coming but only for 2nd week as we are going to lincoln show then meandering down. will just turn up at site as they wont be busy and get parked as near as we can x
There will be plenty of spaces near to us. Look forward to seeing you. :sun:

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Hi, we spent 11 lovely days there in May this year, good prices, nice site, easy bus ride into Salou, about €1.20c, a steady stroll will get you into Cambrils in about 10-15 minutes.

We would like to join in but cannot book it yet until Caroline's redundancy is confirmed, if that is going to drag on she is going to take October as unpaid leave so we may arrive the 2nd week.

For anyone driving straight through, we spent our 2nd night in Roses, asked in the tourist office and they confirmed you can park anywhere a car can park, so we had a nice quiet evening by the marina.

I believe they charge for parking is charged for during July & August but free the rest of the year.

Hope to see you all there.

Hymie.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hi, we spent 11 lovely days there in May this year, good prices, nice site, easy bus ride into Salou, about €1.20c, a steady stroll will get you into Cambrils in about 10-15 minutes.

We would like to join in but cannot book it yet until Caroline's redundancy is confirmed, if that is going to drag on she is going to take October as unpaid leave so we may arrive the 2nd week.

For anyone driving straight through, we spent our 2nd night in Roses, asked in the tourist office and they confirmed you can park anywhere a car can park, so we had a nice quiet evening by the marina.

I believe they charge for parking is charged for during July & August but free the rest of the year.

Hope to see you all there.

Hymie.
You will be very welcome to oin us if you can make it.
We visited it last year and were very impressed with it, despite it only being 5 amps. Nicely situated as you said.

Sep 28, 2015
Nr Wick at the top of the Highlands of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Euramobil coachbuilt
Exp
since 2008
we emailed the campsite to book today and got this reply so all ok for us, looking forward to some sunshine now x ;
Hello,
We will close on 16th October this year, if you stay more than 14 nights you will have 30% discount.
It's not necesary to book, you can come directly and have a look the places.
Thanks.

Camping Platja Cambrils
Av. Oleastrum, 12.
43850 Cambrils
Tel. 0034.977361490

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again
We are going to have to give this meet a miss - Jeff has got a hospital admission that we cannot miss.
Hope everybody has a magic time - maybe we will see you next year.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
We are going to have to give this meet a miss - Jeff has got a hospital admission that we cannot miss.
Hope everybody has a magic time - maybe we will see you next year.
Sorry you cannot make it. Hope all goes well with Jeff in hospital.
Hopefully see you next year.
Best wishes to you both.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Damn, this long trip of ours is definitely cursed, we were so looking forward to this return trip to Cambrils.

We originally planned to leave 29 April, after handing in her notice Caroline was taken aside and asked to stay until late august and the tempter was a healthy redundancy package, so we went to Cambrils for 2 weeks and settled in for the wait.

She was then informed mid September, ok, we can live with that but that has now dragged on to 14 October, at least a fixed date but which means that we will miss the meet-up and, just for good measure, the O'Brien family gathering now looks as if it will be brought forward from late December to late November, so we will have to chop several weeks off the end as well, so our 8 month tour has been whittled down to 4 weeks. :crying:

Maybe next year guys, our luck has to change eventually.

On brighter note I have already booked the return ferry to Dieppe for 28 December. :whistle2:

Hymie

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Hope you guys can make the best of the time you can squeeze in. Next year hopefully you will be able go for gold.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Thanks JaG, hope you guys have a great chill out, it's a lovely site with nice staff as you know.

Got about 4 weeks away so going to do Bad Nauheim, (can't get away from the ghost of Elvis (kill me, kill me now, that bugger has been haunting me for 40 years. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:)), the Romantic Road and Oradur-sur-Glane, that'll be 2 off the bucket list, although after suffering Elvis Presley Platze I may have already kicked the proverbial.

Might drop in to Twin Lakes on the way back if it is open that late, just to see where it is for next year.

looking forward to next year.

Hymie

Reactions: JaG
OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
N
Thanks JaG, hope you guys have a great chill out, it's a lovely site with nice staff as you know.

Got about 4 weeks away so going to do Bad Nauheim, (can't get away from the ghost of Elvis (kill me, kill me now, that bugger has been haunting me for 40 years. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:)), the Romantic Road and Oradur-sur-Glane, that'll be 2 off the bucket list, although after suffering Elvis Presley Platze I may have already kicked the proverbial.

Might drop in to Twin Lakes on the way back if it is open that late, just to see where it is for next year.

looking forward to next year.

Hymie
Twin Lakes is open all year. See you sometime. :france:

Sep 28, 2015
Nr Wick at the top of the Highlands of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Euramobil coachbuilt
Exp
since 2008
Hymie take care both of you and enjoy as muchas you can if you are going to roadour sur glane there is a brill site not far from there at cognac le foret called les allouettes, Oradour has to be experienced it made me cry ! have a wonderful time and hopefully we will meet up next year xx

tgee

Free Member
Oct 9, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer s660
Exp
Since 2009
This site sounds like a nice little spot and PeterandNicole suggested we head on down which we hope to do when we split up from our Dutch friends around Carcasonne in a couple of weeks time.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
This site sounds like a nice little spot and PeterandNicole suggested we head on down which we hope to do when we split up from our Dutch friends around Carcasonne in a couple of weeks time.
It is a perfectly located site and very quiet at that time too.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Arrived on site yesterday with Pat & Trish and BrentnElaine. Three Funsters already here. Tgee arrived this afternoon. Looking forward to two weeks of doing nothing and relaxing before moving on to Benocalo.

OP
OP
JaG

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Is that site a better option than Sanguli? Any reasonable pitches vacant?
That is the posh site isn't it. There are several good pitches available but the site is basic. Internet at Reception and Bar only. It is cheap and cheerful. Location is good for the beach.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Sanguli is about 22 euro per night after discounts this time of year. It is a big site but many of the pitches are not used in October, so if you are in the lower part of the site it does not seem too big.

Are there pitches available in the row where you were recommending Funsters to go, ie the premium plus pitches in the row from 238 to 276?

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Arrived on site yesterday with Pat & Trish and BrentnElaine. Three Funsters already here. Tgee arrived this afternoon. Looking forward to two weeks of doing nothing and relaxing before moving on to Benocalo.
Have a great relaxing time you two...you deserve it:hugs:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back