Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Fitted the Easytop version to my Cheyenne last week. I've only taken it out for a 12 mile run since so need a bit more running to appreciate it fully. Certainly seemed to be less roll on bends and roundabouts and a better damped feeling from the rear.
I have a two leaf spring suspension on the rear and the cones don't seem to have had much use - there has always been at least an inch gap when loaded and stationary. I'm hoping that running on 'air' rather than the springs will be a smoother ride - although I've always felt it rode well anyway.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Paul Wilkins I'm just looking into this at the moment for our Carthago, what did it cost and where did you have it done?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 9, 2011
Broadway
Funster No
MH
Aclass
Exp
since 2009
We had the Dunlop air assist fitted to the rear of our Carthage about 2 years ago. Bought the kit from Marcel Leisure and a local garage fitted it in half a day. It works well. The pressure can be adjusted by means of a valve in the cab footwell and a bicycle pump. There is a electric pump available but it’s costly and couldn’t see much point as it would be rarely used. An upgrade worth doing in my opinion although others on this forum may have different options as ever

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We have had Dunlop air assist fitted to both of the vans we have owned and I would not have a Fiat chassis van without it.

Totally transforms how they drive. (y)

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Fitted system to mine, with air compressor. I alter it a lot more than I thought.

When I park at home I let pressure out so water runs off roof quicker. On motorways I run on high pressure, use it to level van, whilst camping, raise the rear for rutty off road stuff, and lower pressure for rough roads and Belgium

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Blimey Landy Andy you do like to fiddle with things??
Yes. I didn’t think I would, so questioned if to fit compressor or not. But for the ability to get onto ferries, or rough ground without the risk of dragging my arse, and the possible cost of damage I thought I would.
And its sooooo easy to do.
B7D601C8-29F1-4065-9A96-F6D2C93E80ED.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We're going with SAP at Doncaster, hopefully end of next week once the kit arrives, we'll then have an rear axle that can take up to 2240kg (2000kg at present) so if I bring back loads of booty from car boot sales etc (or the odd wheel barrow! :giggle: ) we won't need to worry!

I managed to negotiate a discount as a funster so it's costing £2,000 instead of £2,100. (y)

OP
OP
Paul Wilkins
May 14, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
Caravan owner moved on to Motorhome
Paul Wilkins I'm just looking into this at the moment for our Carthago, what did it cost and where did you have it done?
Had mine done by LNB Leisure in Bristol. Cost 1700 incl compressor and valves/gauges in the cab for easy adjustment. As the Bailey is not leaf springs its not possible to DIY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back