Selling to a trader (1 Viewer)

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
4 front motorhomes were genuine with me (y)
Another vote for Fourfront, gave us a reasonable price for a motorhome, I later bought one from them, I think one of the differences there is that they dont pretend to be a huge mainbrand dealer, ( which no doubt has challenges for the dealerships) and the experience is more like dealing with a good used car dealership. Money transfer no problem.
We had two previous mohomes through Marquis Eastbourne and received pretty good service from them , the problems seemed to be with Benimar at the Spanish end of the process.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 2, 2019
doncaster
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 2010
A very large dealership in newark who we had bought the van off originally, bought it back off us (we only had it a year) and it was back on the forecourt what we had been paid for it plus Ā£17000 ,was i bothered .....nope, we had to sell, they bought and paid for it that day, i was sad i had to sell it but circumstances dictated that it had to gošŸ˜Ÿ

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
A very large dealership in newark who we had bought the van off originally, bought it back off us (we only had it a year) and it was back on the forecourt what we had been paid for it plus Ā£17000 ,was i bothered .....nope, we had to sell, they bought and paid for it that day, i was sad i had to sell it but circumstances dictated that it had to gošŸ˜Ÿ
That's a big mark up eh. Better not to know i think.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well, if you think MoHo dealers are profiteering, try buying a diamond ring from a high street jeweller and then cashing it in within a month...that will give you a headache
How many times have you had engagement rings thrown back at you? :imoutahere:

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Guessing with a Ā£17k mark up and they only had it a year it will have been close to 6 figures.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
It was my son that bought one for his now wife
I, being the killjoy, told him to take it to a pal of mine, a jeweller, to get it properly valued
Ā£600 paid, valued at Ā£30

Cut a long story short, got his money back after a ā€œfussā€

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
48 years this year. Never ever bought an engagement ring for her. I lost my wedding ring about 2 years in, never replaced it. She still wont go :rofl:

Jun 27, 2012
leyland lancs
Funster No
MH
on order
Exp
im a newbie
I sold to Motor Depot, absolutely fine, cash was in my bank before collection. Better price than dealers were offering

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back