Dec 17, 2011
Redditch, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Just bought one after 10 years with caravans
Hi All,
Wonder if you could help, Our new (to us) motorhome came with a Full Fiamma Zip room, Now great we thought, however I highly doubt that we would ever use it and its so heavy not to mention bulky it takes up loads of space in the loft we haven't got (loft conversion in the not to distant future)
I am thinking of selling it, although I still want to keep the roll out canopy on the side of the van for sitting under etc so really need to just sell the sides/ poles, curtains etc etc.
Is this something people do? Do people want to buy just the sides,
I have looked at it, (albeit in the bag) and it looks as though it has very little use so any ideas on what sort of price I should put it on for?

We have a large Quechua base pop up tent we use as a driveaway awning and we certainly have no desire to start faffing around with awnings, poles, zipping and pegging loads out, as I had enough of that when we had the caravans and part of the reason we wanted the motorhome was for speed of set up/moving on,
The other reason of course is it is so heavy and our payload on our van is not exactly generous
Thanks for reading, Just thinking I may aswell get organised now or it is just going to get in the way
Gaz

Feb 2, 2011
Travelling Europe
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
3 years caravaning 5th year motorhoming
safari room

Hi first of all any purchaser will need to know its definitely a fiamma zip. this means the front and sides all zip in to place, there are no clip fixings on the sides.
Once that is established the purchaser will need to know if its a van, medium or long size this is the measurement from the awning canopy on the side of the van to the floor. Its 180-220 its a van size if its 225-250 its medium and if its 251-280 its large. hope that helps. price wise it would be unfair of me to influence you because if its long i would like to be considered to buy it:Smile:. Also the front width for instance mine is a 4 metre wide fiamma canopy
Thanks my name is tony and my email is anthony.holt1957@btinternet.com.

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
once you have the size (it will tell you on one of the side panels eg medium/large) sell it on ebay. I bought one on MH mag for £170 unused. They can be in demand as they seem to part company from the canopy for reasons like yourselves. The zip ones are great as they are so easy to put up. I keep my dogs in it and also use it as a dining room.

Shirl

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wollow007

Free Member
Dec 17, 2011
Reading
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630g
Exp
Im a newbie
I'm in the market for 3.5 meter long to fit my Zip awning. Let me know if you wish to sell them, if there the correct size etc.

First dibs :thumb:

Email is cnutley@me.com

My name is Clive

OP
OP
C

Campinggaz

Free Member
Dec 17, 2011
Redditch, Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Just bought one after 10 years with caravans
Thank you for the replies,
I will go up the loft at the weekend and see if I can see if its a large or medium etc, I am fairly certain it will be a large as the actual canopy that is attached to the motorhome is quite a length (almost as long as the van) It says Zip on the canopy itself and I am fairly certain the big blue bag I put in the loft said zip on it too.
Will let you know once I have found out,
We definitely won't be using it and could do with some spare space.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back