Selling our V-line 620 (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
We have sadly decided to sell our V-Line 620 due to health issues. Looking to sell via a broker if anyone can recommend any companies looked at Motorhome Depot & Motorhome Agent.
If anyone can give us any feedback would be much appreciated.
If you know anyone looking for one please pass our details on.

Bought end May 15.
We had it modified by funster @Terry
removing the front bench creating a spacious area and additional storage, we think this is a better layout than tiny bench seat, but I know Terry would be able to put another bench in if anyone really wanted one.
The tv was a drop down, in cab area, again not much use, so we had it rewired so tv is now viewable from cab seats. If prefer original position have original tv and quick job to wire back.
We swapped solid shower room door for a concertina one, original door stored ready to go back on.

Due to weather don't yet have pics but if you google V-line 620 2015 will get full details.
In addition has alarm fitted and additional banner leisure battery.
As standard it came with Remis Cab blinds, 25ltr LPG tank, solar panel. Fixed high transverse rear bed, great boot storage.
We have a Kella Tall drive away awning which will include.
Biggest bonus we think about the van is the extra head height, Nige is 6ft 3".
Pics below show area re-done by Terry and awning.

Thanks in advance from a very sad couple of funsters. :(

Lin & Nige
WP_20151010_19_40_30_Pro.jpg
AdobePhotoshopExpress_f1ded201dadf402b92ab0c247b084b75.jpg

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
Very sorry to hear your having to sell your MH for health reasons. If you are caravan or caravan and camping club members there are lots of ads from people who will buy your van but at a very reduced price so try and sell privately. Terry does first class work. Hope you get sorted.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Sad to hear the news.. If you are on Facebook there are a few Autotrail groups you could try first at no cost..
If your not on Facebook and want to forward me more details I will be happy to put it on for you...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP

Deleted User
Sad to hear the news.. If you are on Facebook there are a few Autotrail groups you could try first at no cost..
If your not on Facebook and want to forward me more details I will be happy to put it on for you...
Thanks, I think Nige is a member of one, when he gets back will get him to post something.
As an aside does anyone know how to keep the factory fitted reversing camera on when driving or if not permanently on but viewable with a quick click. I'm sure it can be done, but can't figure out how, looked all over settings.
I think we were shown at hand over, but didn't take enough notice obviously.
I would prefer to be able to flick it on when I'm driving, well stationary at lights etc to check if anyone is up my bum!
Lin

Murphy

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
Shire Conversion
Exp
Sorry to read you are having to sell due to health reasons, I hope all goes well and you get a good price,

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry to read you are selling the van and we hope all is well in the future health wise

I think Peter at john cross motorhomes sells van on commission and he is a autotrail dealer which might help if there are any warranty problems

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Sorry to hear your news hope you can move to something else you will be able to enjoy.

OP
OP

Deleted User
Sorry to read you are selling the van and we hope all is well in the future health wise

I think Peter at john cross motorhomes sells van on commission and he is a autotrail dealer which might help if there are any warranty problems
Thanks Mike, they are a bit too far away from us.
Hope you and Sandra are keeping well.

Lin

OP
OP

Deleted User
Well after a bit of research, going to sell van via motorhome depot, local franchise agent, who is actually based 20 minutes from us.
Mike Randerson. Unless anyone knows anything detrimental about him?

Can sell at our agreed price with a fixed commission fee list for min 90 days, van stays with us so although Nige can't drive it after this week, I can if I'm well enough between treatments.

Will be listening with them once cleared out and de personalised and we get some sunshine for the pictures.

Lin

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry you have to sell your lovely van. Good luck and hopefully your health issues are resolved and you can get back into motor homing again.(y)

OP
OP

Deleted User
Thank
Sorry you have to sell your lovely van. Good luck and hopefully your health issues are resolved and you can get back into motor homing again.(y)
Thanks Anthea,

Will be back hopefully by Winter, worst case Nige may have a year to wait on his licence, but if his program goes well just 4 months.
I'll be fixed one way or another by Xmas.

Lin

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Sorry to hear that. Feel your pain as sold my van recently due to health. After 30+ years of motorhoming that was tough.

Try a classified add on ebay. Instant countrywide exposure for £15. Has never let me down:)

Also you need to.put it on classified section on here properly @Jim will help

OP
OP

Deleted User
Sorry to hear that. Feel your pain as sold my van recently due to health. After 30+ years of motorhoming that was tough.

Try a classified add on ebay. Instant countrywide exposure for £15. Has never let me down:)

Also you need to.put it on classified section on here properly @Jim will help
The broker will list it on ebay for us, save us having to deal with scammers and time-wasters. My main concern was getting paid and we have option of having a buyer pay us direct or via the broker.
Just being a bit lazy really and taking the easiest route. We might be moving in next few months as well so easier to let them sort the mh.
If it doesn't sell it's not end of world, would just be easier to not have to factor in moving with a motorhome neither of us will be able to drive for a while.
Plan is sell Mh, move house, Nige sorted on his meds, me fixed and cash to buy a motorhome suitable for long tem overseas 6 months a year. The 90 days is a chance to sell when it will hardly be used, if it doesn't go will put in storage.

Hope your move is going well.

Lin

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Thanks, I think Nige is a member of one, when he gets back will get him to post something.
As an aside does anyone know how to keep the factory fitted reversing camera on when driving or if not permanently on but viewable with a quick click. I'm sure it can be done, but can't figure out how, looked all over settings.
I think we were shown at hand over, but didn't take enough notice obviously.
I would prefer to be able to flick it on when I'm driving, well stationary at lights etc to check if anyone is up my bum!
Lin
If its the same as ours (Auto sleeper), you should have a small remote control that will switch between on all the time or just while reversing

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
The broker will list it on ebay for us, save us having to deal with scammers and time-wasters. My main concern was getting paid and we have option of having a buyer pay us direct or via the broker.
Just being a bit lazy really and taking the easiest route. We might be moving in next few months as well so easier to let them sort the mh.
If it doesn't sell it's not end of world, would just be easier to not have to factor in moving with a motorhome neither of us will be able to drive for a while.
Plan is sell Mh, move house, Nige sorted on his meds, me fixed and cash to buy a motorhome suitable for long tem overseas 6 months a year. The 90 days is a chance to sell when it will hardly be used, if it doesn't go will put in storage.

Hope your move is going well.

Lin

Move cancelled I'm afraid as health has seriously declined.

OP
OP

Deleted User
If its the same as ours (Auto sleeper), you should have a small remote control that will switch between on all the time or just while reversing
There isn't a remote :( its an integrated one with sat nav, radio etc. Spoke with technician at Brownhills this afternoon and he could find no way to have it on other than in reverse either, so not to worry. He suggested getting a reg camera fitted. Which I will look into if it doesn't sell.
Thanks anyway.
Lin

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Well after a bit of research, going to sell van via motorhome depot, local franchise agent, who is actually based 20 minutes from us.
Mike Randerson. Unless anyone knows anything detrimental about him?

Can sell at our agreed price with a fixed commission fee list for min 90 days, van stays with us so although Nige can't drive it after this week, I can if I'm well enough between treatments.

Will be listening with them once cleared out and de personalised and we get some sunshine for the pictures.

Lin
I contacted them to sell my van as there's no risk from there point of view expected a call back, nothing having rung them 3 times, maybe they don't want my van but for the life of me can't work out why, maybe someone might throw some light on why
Having rung them and given my details the very least he could have done would be to have the good manners to let me know he didn't want to sell it
Nothing back not even a courtesy call, but hope you have better luck

OP
OP

Deleted User
I contacted them to sell my van as there's no risk from there point of view expected a call back, nothing having rung them 3 times, maybe they don't want my van but for the life of me can't work out why, maybe someone might throw some light on why
Having rung them and given my details the very least he could have done would be to have the good manners to let me know he didn't want to sell it
Nothing back not even a courtesy call, but hope you have better luck
Doesn't sound good, did you ring a main number or your local franchise?
Our guy called back and has been helpful, time will tell if he's as good in the flesh.
He did go on a bit to Nige, but I took over and stated our terms our price and an agreed fixed fee, which he had to confirm with head office, then he called back.
He's coming to take photos and details once we have good weather.
I will ensure he targets right audience and he will either find a buyer like us or he won't.
The 90 day tie in is only downside and if we had been in a position to fully utilise van would have insisted a lower time, but as we have other stuff to sort with health and moving it works well.

Lin

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
I actually spoke to a lady first heard nothing back after 2/3 weeks then got a marketing email so responded to that explaining about my first call
Spoke to a chap called Johnthan I think, who promised to contact me with some figures about how much to put it up at etc, that was 2 maybe more weeks ago
Not heard a dickie bird, not sure why since they are taking no risks but potentially making money out of me but couldn't be arsed to ring me back or me to chase them
Like I said hopefully you will have more joy than I did, so long as they sell your van for what you want is all that matters

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Lin, Sorry to read your post and we wish you both all the best. Get better soon and we hope to see you in warmer spots next year.
Cheers
Bernie & Rona.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Lin and Nige sorry you are having to sell your superb van -someone will get a cracking van (y)Good luck on the sale (y)
all the best for the future
terry

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Hi Lin and Nige.
Really sorry to hear about yours and Nige's health issues.
Hope things improve really quickly and you are able to get back to motor homing ASAP.
Get well soon both of you. xx

OP
OP

Deleted User
Well we have sold our place and had offer on place in York accepted :)

Nige has decided to delay the withdrawal of his meds until we move as should only be 8 weeks or so.

Soooo pleased as we are both under York hospital will be much easier once moved.

And motorhome depot have been great, well our guy has he has said we can just commit to 60 days instead of 90, and very friendly chap.

Just need to decide if we might be better off waiting until in York to sell van as it's a more central locations than Scarborough.

Wine tonight :)

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Well we have sold our place and had offer on place in York accepted :)

Nige has decided to delay the withdrawal of his meds until we move as should only be 8 weeks or so.

Soooo pleased as we are both under York hospital will be much easier once moved.

And motorhome depot have been great, well our guy has he has said we can just commit to 60 days instead of 90, and very friendly chap.

Just need to decide if we might be better off waiting until in York to sell van as it's a more central locations than Scarborough.

Wine tonight :)
Glad it's worked out, interestingly got an email yesterday from motorhomedepot maybe there funsters(y) the power of MHF

OP
OP

Deleted User
Glad it's worked out, interestingly got an email yesterday from motorhomedepot maybe there funsters(y) the power of MHF
Thanks,
Funny how things work out.
The place we are buying in York, the owner who showed us it has a motorhome we got chatting about MH and travel we were there for ages taking and I'm sure that's why he accepted our offer.
He's not a funster but told him all about motorhome fun so he might take a look.
He was chatting about Aires abroad as well and said it's a shame nothing in UK so we told him about Britstops, which he wasn't aware of, so might be another one for them too.

Lin :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks,
Funny how things work out.
The place we are buying in York, the owner who showed us it has a motorhome we got chatting about MH and travel we were there for ages taking and I'm sure that's why he accepted our offer.
He's not a funster but told him all about motorhome fun so he might take a look.
He was chatting about Aires abroad as well and said it's a shame nothing in UK so we told him about Britstops, which he wasn't aware of, so might be another one for them too.

So pleased it is all going smoothly does this mean you can keep your van or are you selling then looking for a new one when you are both well?

OP
OP

Deleted User
So pleased it is all going smoothly does this mean you can keep your van or are you selling then looking for a new one when you are both well?
Well that's the dilemma now, having had a good old chat with the owner of the place we are buying, reminiscing about our travels, don't want to let Milliemobile 2 go.
Need to have a good think. Fortunately Nige hasn't yet started reducing his meds, so can keep on driving until he does. But at some point once moved he will start and has to voluntarily not drive until doctors have him off all meds and are certain no relapse. If all goes well we expect this to take 3 months. However the but is and its a big one, should he experience any relapse during this time he's back on his meds and at that point has to surrender his licence, and that would be for a year.
I hopefully will be sorted out be Xmas too.
So wondering if we should just keep her for now and hope a place in the storage facility comes up before moving day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back