BASA47
Sep 18, 2011
Coventry. England
Funster No
MH
Bessacar
Exp
Since 2009
I m sorry but I have to mention this,,,just pulled onto a site, just levelled and plugged in, new van,just pulled in next to us, and straight away ,some little thing jumped out, took a leak, and then dumped right in front of our hab door while the owner was looking on,,,I stared at her,all she had to say was ,,,,it was a long journey,,,I asked her if she was going to clean it up,,straight away she accused me of hating dogs,,,so far from the truth,,I left the conversation there,but if that turd is still there in half a hour, the convo wonā€™t be over,,, I am presently seething,,,watch this space
As my title for this subject "Selfish/ignorant owners" no consideration for others as long as its not on their pitch, its our problem not theirs. I would have picked up their dogs dump and put it on their pitch in front of their habitation door.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I'm afraid this is the problem - anybody afraid of, or allergic to dogs doesn't feel the same the other way despite what the owners want to think.
Thatā€™s exactly what I was like but fortunately I have now reached the stage where if Iā€™m slowly introduced to a dog on a lead and get the chance to get used to it before itā€™s free then Iā€™m OK. It just takes someone who thinks their dog is the exception or doesnā€™t realise and Iā€™m in a right old tizzy for a bit. As Iā€™ve said before, I was determined my children wouldnā€™t be like me and they are not, it was always ā€œsilly Mumā€.

I think joe and sue would be sympathetic to my plight. You should see me when I meet Tinks who travels with Jimbohorlicks , Iā€™m fearless!

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Just thought Iā€™d do a quick update, the lady in question did not pick up her dogs parcel,,,however I did,,did not like the idea of the next visitor having that as a welcome present,,,

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020

This guy gets waaaaay to much attention. Nearly everything he achieves with dogs he does through the use of choke collars. Wouldn't watch another of his videos if you paid me to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
This guy gets waaaaay to much attention. Nearly everything he achieves with dogs he does through the use of choke collars. Wouldn't watch another of his videos if you paid me to.
His use of tactically placed kicks to the abdomen is also a novel dog training/control technique for UK viewers of his show. :unsure:

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
As a child we always had dogs, Terriers, Labradors, Retrievers, Great Danes!
I have had dogs in my adult life too but theyā€™ve always been trained, not nosey, noisy nor a pest to other people.
Most people will train a dog to some extent trouble is they think once itā€™s done itā€™s done, not so, you keep training them.
A dog will remember itā€™s training but they donā€™t have the capacity to think ahead, they see something they want to do/look at so they carry on. They need a responsible human on the other end of the lead to check them!

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
As a child we always had dogs, Terriers, Labradors, Retrievers, Great Danes!
I have had dogs in my adult life too but theyā€™ve always been trained, not nosey, noisy nor a pest to other people.
Most people will train a dog to some extent trouble is they think once itā€™s done itā€™s done, not so, you keep training them.
A dog will remember itā€™s training but they donā€™t have the capacity to think ahead, they see something they want to do/look at so they carry on. They need a responsible human on the other end of the lead to check them!
I suppose that must be like children then, I have all three of mine home, two Iā€™m seeing for the first time since October and I seem to have to remind them that clothes drawers donā€™t shut themselves and that empty plates donā€™t grow legs to get them back to the kitchen!

Actually I have been described as being giddy with excitement by all of them. I burst into tears yesterday when I discovered Iā€™d ordered too many desserts from Waitrose!

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
Emotions are all over the place with many at the moment! Itā€™s natural but can be a little overwhelming when your body and mind do things to you unexpectedly, a bit tsunami likeā€¦we like to think of ourselves as calm cool and collected, but we are just human after all. Extremes in how we feel will balance out with a bit of time! Enjoy the kids, allow yourself to have a howl, have a good hug from a loved one and chow down the desserts!:h:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I burst into tears yesterday when I discovered Iā€™d ordered too many desserts from Waitrose!
Tears of joy I hope at the thought of all the extra 'naughty' food you're going to enjoy! :tounge:

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Tears of joy I hope at the thought of all the extra 'naughty' food you're going to enjoy! :tounge:
I think Pusscat had it right really, Iā€™m like a mad woman at the moment. Very emotional but very happy though and why on earth I thought anyone could possibly have too many desserts especially with me plus Matthew in the house!

Claire has me doing high intensity exercise every morning before anyone else is up, I can just about keep up. Sheā€™s 31 and Iā€™m 62 so not bad. She says itā€™s to keep me youngā€¦..

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
I'm afraid this is the problem - anybody afraid of, or allergic to dogs doesn't feel the same the other way despite what the owners want to think.
I agree, after all I'm sure owners of tarantulas & snakes think their pets are cute, friendly, harmless, clever and wonderful and can't understand why on earth anyone would be afraid of them/dislike them/not want to touch, stroke, hold or be anywhere near them, its the same thing with dog owners in general. And I say that as a dog owner myself.

TrevChrizy

Free Member
Aug 19, 2018
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro
Exp
25 years
Currently on Hurn Lane, Burnham-On-Sea on Sea Caravan and Motorhome site enjoying our first break in the last year or so, only to have it spoilt with Selfish/Ignorant/inconsiderate dog owners.
The site has the usual dedicated dog walking area, but some, not all owners canā€™t be bothered to use the facility, instead parade their dogs around the road access areas allowing their pooch to wee and c**p were ever they like. Itā€™s not a case of owner controlling dog, but dog controlling owner.
.Had one owner today who allowed his dog to come on to our pitch, attracted to a tree next to our habitation door, wee and then c**p, saying ā€œgood boyā€. I confronted the owner, who apologised and collected the dumping. Itā€™s not the first time this has happened with dogs, even on leads, wondering on to pitches, with owners following them

Im not a dog hater, love dogs having owned a couple before, itā€™s the owners that are the problem. Also shouldnā€™t there be some limit to the number of dogs allowed per pitch we have a number of pitches with four dogs on them
Much to agree that there are some dog owners that are not respectful of other campers, but if taking a dog on a lead to the walking area a dog either pees or poos, there is nothing an owner can do, except to clean up, if this is not the case , owner at fault. I do not agree with you on restricting how many dogs as long as they are being controlled in a manner not spoiling others, normally 3 dogs allowed, otherwise site should be informed to any additions. Sorry to hear of your bad experience

Hania

Free Member
Jul 31, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2010
You can find 'Adult-only' sites.
I wonder if there is a case for 'Dog-free' ones as well?
I raised this exact point on a FB site - and ran for cover....It's funny, mention you want a 'child-free' site, nobody comments - but say you'd rather have a 'dog-free' site - and the replies were full of outraged dog owners saying their dog is perfectly behaved etc etc... I don't care how well behaved your dog is, I don't like dogs...

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
We try avoid talking to anyone never mind walking across their pitch šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

I always pull a dog owner who doesnā€™t pick up after their dog. It is an education thing and mostly is fine to a canā€™t be arsed thing by that owner.
But as others have said, itā€™s a minority.
We always tell our child off for making too much noise and appreciate others are on holiday too. But as soon as they start their genny or the TV can be heard from across the site, the gloves come off regarding chastising our child.

As for pitch encroachment, we once stopped at Lucern International campsite enroute to Italy and got a big corner pitch. We woke up one morning to find an American bloke with his 2 kids playing badminton on our pitch. He didnā€™t get it when I asked where his van was and even when he put his chair down to sit and watch his kids play and I sarcastically made comments, they continued. He did get a bit upset when theyā€™d hit the shuttlecock onto our van roof and I wouldnā€™t let him try get it. He soon fā€™off when I left the engine on tick over to gas his chair area šŸ¤£

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I raised this exact point on a FB site - and ran for cover....It's funny, mention you want a 'child-free' site, nobody comments - but say you'd rather have a 'dog-free' site - and the replies were full of outraged dog owners saying their dog is perfectly behaved etc etc... I don't care how well behaved your dog is, I don't like dogs...
I agree with you completely and Iā€™m a dog owner. I definitely donā€™t want to share a site with people that donā€™t like dogs.

Aug 31, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
That shows a total lack of understanding of dog ownership. I am so glad I not so blinkered. By the way, although I don't have a dog now I have had several over the years, never talked to them in a silly baby like voice and I was never their daddy. and they never, ever caused any trouble to anyone else by yapping, posing, or peeing, neither did they cause any annoyance, because I was a responsible dog owner. There are some out there contrary to what the moaners say
How does it feel to be on your own. . Your dog ā€œneverā€ caused any trouble to anyone REALY !! . I rest my case, how are you so sure your pet never caused any annoyance to anyone - . A case of a blinkered dog owner if ever I so one

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
How does it feel to be on your own. . Your dog ā€œneverā€ caused any trouble to anyone REALY !! . I rest my case, how are you so sure your pet never caused any annoyance to anyone - . A case of a blinkered dog owner if ever I so one
We've owned two dogs in the past (at different times), both female Rough Collies, I can categorically state they NEVER caused any trouble to anyone... you see we took the trouble to properly train them, they only barked when told to, or in one instance when someone ran at my wife, and they certainly didn't shit or piss near anyone else.

I even asked our neighbours to listen out to make sure there was no barking when we occasionally went out without them.

Janecambridge

Free Member
Jan 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
3months
To the dog owner who trained their dog to only pee on grass, thanks. Thatā€™s where we sit and have a picnic and where children do cartwheels and pick daises. šŸ˜©.
On a site recently I had to complain to a warden twice as a dog was constantly off itā€™s lead. The site is an RSPB site and ground nesting birds were around. The 3rd evening, I watched the guy walk to the recycle bins down the field, not watching his big dog behind him who decided to pee up two picnic tables. I confronted him on the way back with him telling me it was alright. I explained it was not alright if anyone wanted to use the tables. After a good ā€˜chatā€™ he duly spent some time washing the areas down. The threat of my video footage may have helped.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I like dogs so imagine my disappointment when I went to an area advertised as a dogging site.... I thought that there would be loads of canines but it seems that everyone else turned up without their pooches.... :unsure:

Chasingthesun

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
north wales
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Currently on Hurn Lane, Burnham-On-Sea on Sea Caravan and Motorhome site enjoying our first break in the last year or so, only to have it spoilt with Selfish/Ignorant/inconsiderate dog owners.
The site has the usual dedicated dog walking area, but some, not all owners canā€™t be bothered to use the facility, instead parade their dogs around the road access areas allowing their pooch to wee and c**p were ever they like. Itā€™s not a case of owner controlling dog, but dog controlling owner.
.Had one owner today who allowed his dog to come on to our pitch, attracted to a tree next to our habitation door, wee and then c**p, saying ā€œgood boyā€. I confronted the owner, who apologised and collected the dumping. Itā€™s not the first time this has happened with dogs, even on leads, wondering on to pitches, with owners following them

Im not a dog hater, love dogs having owned a couple before, itā€™s the owners that are the problem. Also shouldnā€™t there be some limit to the number of dogs allowed per pitch we have a number of pitches with four dogs on them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back