LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Must be the only person that hasn't a positive to say about "Mick" then.

Wanted mine serviced as was promised to by the previous owner, FOC who had it fitted less than 6 months before I purchased.
Thought about having such a great reputation and despite living 100s of miles away I would also get my van serviced at the same time both mechanically and habitation.
Sent email with my requirements and plenty of time to book in.
Got an email back thanking me for my inquiry (auto response)
no follow up, tried again, same response.

So I gave up.

What I will say though is that the system works good, is fitted good and along with the front air works a treat. I had a problem with the remote, asked a question on facebook N&B group and low and behold a fitter from SAP gave me the advice I needed to re-tune the remote. Just a shame this man everyone speaks so highly of can't be bothered to answer an email.

Paul not knowing when you had tried to book in but when we were there end of June n July having work done they had just taken on a new fella to handle the emails and bookings and to help run the office and he was trying to get to grips with it all , perhaps this was the reason ?

Kath

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
My story ended with the MA-VE system removed - a full refund without issue - a lot of wasted journeys and time - E&P fitted by ROSMIA and working perfectly. TOWTAL are the MA-VE importers.
I think you must have been unlucky. Hydraulic levelling systems are hardly cutting edge technology and the main variable must be the installer. E&P only has one installer in Scotland but they wouldn't commit to an installation date. I looked for price, warranty, compatibility with the motorhome chassis and a reputable company to do the installation. Not disappointed.

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
I think you must have been unlucky. Hydraulic levelling systems are hardly cutting edge technology and the main variable must be the installer. E&P only has one installer in Scotland but they wouldn't commit to an installation date. I looked for price, warranty, compatibility with the motorhome chassis and a reputable company to do the installation. Not disappointed.
I had multiple issues - front legs would not retract properly - would not calibrate level correctly - Bluetooth app failed to work on my Samsung S7 or Samsung TabS Tablet. They should have sent someone over from Italy to sort it out for both Glide-Rite, TowTal and my benefit as we wasted a huge amount of effort trying to get it to work properly.

That is not to say they have not got it sorted now - both companies involved honoured their commitments and acted in an exemplary manner. Sadly we all gave up and removed the system. I prefer the hardware remote that comes with the E&P rather that using an APP that has to try and work with all the iterations of the Android operating system.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
I had multiple issues - front legs would not retract properly - would not calibrate level correctly - Bluetooth app failed to work on my Samsung S7 or Samsung TabS Tablet. They should have sent someone over from Italy to sort it out for both Glide-Rite, TowTal and my benefit as we wasted a huge amount of effort trying to get it to work properly.

That is not to say they have not got it sorted now - both companies involved honoured their commitments and acted in an exemplary manner. Sadly we all gave up and removed the system. I prefer the hardware remote that comes with the E&P rather that using an APP that has to try and work with all the iterations of the Android operating system.
I think things have changed now. All the legs work as they should. I have the App working on my iPad and, just to make sure, I found a piece of level ground and calibrated the level setting myself. Anyway, you sound happy about your E&P system. Tell me if you're coming North and we'll compare notes :)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
I had E&P fitted by one company and never seen such a poor job there is a thread on here about it I took it to Mick at SAP and he had to remove most of it and fit it correctly and move the pump as it had been fitted inside the van :eek:

Mick every time for me his attention to detail will be very hard to beat in my opinion and I would drive further to get it done at SAP than get it fitted else where and risk all the heart ache I had

Plus the E&P system is tried and tested and lots of people on here have it fitted personally I have never heard of the brand you mention but that is just me it may be very good

Jun 19, 2018
Perth Scotland
Funster No
MH
Frankia A Class
Exp
We are getting our new vehicle in April and are looking quite hard at hydraulic jacks, we have been offered the ma-ve system by the dealer but not convinced that this is the way to go.

I had kind of concluded that we would go for the E&P system and speak to Roseisle in Edinburgh as we are in Scotland.

However we have now seen the Al-ko system and must say it looks very impressive especially as they are individual self contained units.

Does anyone have any experience of this system?

Cheers

Alex

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Must be the only person that hasn't a positive to say about "Mick" then.

Sent email with my requirements and plenty of time to book in.
Got an email back thanking me for my inquiry (auto response)
no follow up, tried again, same response.

So I gave up.

What I tend to find from dealing with people via email is even when they do get back to you it can be days and even dealers with lots of office staff don't reply to emails I find it much easier to just pick the phone up and ring people.

I have never emailed SAP but I have rang Mick on numerous occasions and he either answers or rings back when he has seen the missed call.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
However we have now seen the Al-ko system and must say it looks very impressive especially as they are individual self contained units.

I think that AlKo bought E&P within the last couple of years and now market the same system under their own name.

Richard.

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
We are getting our new vehicle in April and are looking quite hard at hydraulic jacks, we have been offered the ma-ve system by the dealer but not convinced that this is the way to go.

I had kind of concluded that we would go for the E&P system and speak to Roseisle in Edinburgh as we are in Scotland.

Cheers

Alex
I live in Fife if you want to see the Ma-Ve system fitted and working.

Jun 19, 2018
Perth Scotland
Funster No
MH
Frankia A Class
Exp
Thanks @ Korgrocker I was offered the Ma-ve system by SMC at a discounted cost , I am struggling to see past the Al-Ko system due to the independent individual units.

Are you happy with yours and was there a big difference in cost?

Thanks for your offer.

Alex

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
One wonders whether having four individual motors etc. would increase the chances of failure. Maybe ALKO bought E&P for that reason.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well i had call to ring today..
Rubbish remote..
Apparently known issue where they keep turning themselves on and draining the battery.
Spoke to rick who said send iy back and we will replace.
Known issue

Jun 19, 2018
Perth Scotland
Funster No
MH
Frankia A Class
Exp
Hi @Ninjabob I have considered that but surely if there were to be an issue logic would suggest that it would be a smaller therefore less costly issue!

I must admit that looking at the tidy fit on the chassis and no large pump mechanism it is appealing, I am yet to find out the cost.

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
The Ma-Ve system was about £700 cheaper than the quote I got from E&P when I was doing my research last year; no discounts available sadly. The AlKo option wasn't available, but is it just for an AlKo chassis? If so it wouldn't have worked for me, having a Peugeot/Fiat motorhome chassis. The three year Ma-Ve warranty was appealing as well. Regarding the remote, most of the time I use the panel fitted just inside the door, but occasionally use my iPad when the ground contours look a bit challenging (ever been to the CMC Old Hartley site just North of Newcastle?). I don't know about the merits, or otherwise, of individual motors but the main Ma-Ve pump etc. fits quite nicely between the two chassis members about 6 feet behind the cab, with no ground clearance problem. Overall I'm happy with the result but then I have no experience of anything else. It does what is claimed - levels the motorhome automatically on most sites. Only once have I had to do a manual level from scratch - a hilly site in the New Forest which was quite busy and the only sites left were relatively steep and not really motorhome friendly. At home my drive has a slope of about 5 degrees, beyond the auto capability, but I use a couple of blocks under the front jacks and can level it successfully. Have to watch the overhang at the rear through - when level the tow bar is millimetres from the ground :)

Nov 19, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090DF
Exp
Started off with a v. old Hymer in 2008
I had the E & P system fitted just before lockdown so have only had a few chances to test it out to date, but so far I'm really pleased with it.

I do have a question though for anyone with lots of experience of self-levelling. In normal times we go to quite a few festivals, including Glastonbury, and the prime spots (at the top of the hill) can call for some pretty serious levelling. We've managed in the past with homemade mega-ramps that probably take the front up about 30cm, but not without a few scary moments over the years! So I'm thinking that, with the aid of a couple of blocks under the front jacks my E & P system should make this all a lot easier. But I do have a bit of a concern about the MH sliding down the hill if you lift it off all four wheels! I'm guessing that the trick is to leave the rear wheels safely on the ground until the front is up, and probably chock them too. Any hints and tips on the best way to do this safely would be much appreciated.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I had the E & P system fitted just before lockdown so have only had a few chances to test it out to date, but so far I'm really pleased with it.

I do have a question though for anyone with lots of experience of self-levelling. In normal times we go to quite a few festivals, including Glastonbury, and the prime spots (at the top of the hill) can call for some pretty serious levelling. We've managed in the past with homemade mega-ramps that probably take the front up about 30cm, but not without a few scary moments over the years! So I'm thinking that, with the aid of a couple of blocks under the front jacks my E & P system should make this all a lot easier. But I do have a bit of a concern about the MH sliding down the hill if you lift it off all four wheels! I'm guessing that the trick is to leave the rear wheels safely on the ground until the front is up, and probably chock them too. Any hints and tips on the best way to do this safely would be much appreciated.

This was an uneven club site .. if on soft ground I use the pads.

Mine is the HPC system from ASAir Suspension, and assume S+P will do the same.
1595694832218.png

1595694904887.png

1595694868767.png

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

In my experience once any jack is down the mh isnt going anywhere. We ve had gliderite for 8 years and well over 1000 nights, no issues at all.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Think about it:
At least one wheel should be on the ground (the lowest one).
So long as the blocks are not slippery, they (should act as brakes and) remain firmly in the position they stand.
You'll be fine, so long as the ground is firm.

Nov 19, 2014
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090DF
Exp
Started off with a v. old Hymer in 2008
Think about it:
At least one wheel should be on the ground (the lowest one).
So long as the blocks are not slippery, they (should act as brakes and) remain firmly in the position they stand.
You'll be fine, so long as the ground is firm.
Actually, I have thought about it . . quite a lot (I'm a physicist by degree). But when thinking about lifting 4 tonnes in the air on the side of a hill it seemed like a good idea to ask for some practical experience, rather than purely relying on the physics. Anyway, thanks for the input (which I'm assuming is based on practical experience).

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Put wheel chocks on the two wheels that are or are close to being on the ground. Outrigger pads make the system even more versatile.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
What’s wrong with glide-rite?
Things may have improved, of course. They have dropped their own creation and now fit MA-EVE (or something like that) but I think the charmer who lied to me about their product may still work there.

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Actually, I have thought about it . . quite a lot (I'm a physicist by degree). But when thinking about lifting 4 tonnes in the air on the side of a hill it seemed like a good idea to ask for some practical experience, rather than purely relying on the physics. Anyway, thanks for the input (which I'm assuming is based on practical experience).
The rams should operate vertically and the centre of gravity will be well-within their footprint. I'd avoid a system that didn't have (large) pads that can rotate/angle to the lay of the ground (but I think most do do that now). Larger pads are less likely to sink into soft ground. If you use blocks, make sure that they cannot topple. I have used blocks on occasion but never anything as slight as 4"x4" (which I have seen).

Apr 21, 2008
bedford
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I’ve had there system on my last motorhome for 4 years and 4 years on this one, admittedly it’s not as fancy as the others but no troubles, Look at the troubles people have with their auto level systems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back