Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Hi
We are booked in at Towtal for a towbar today.they also do a self levelling system called ma-va which is an Italian make
Has anyone had this system.
I am also aware of the E&p from previous posts and had a drive up to S.a.p to their place and spent 2 hours up their being advised by Mick last night and showed how he fits them and his detail of finish.
I havnt totally made a decision either way.

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Whilst I am sure Mick (as above) is good at his job I would just like to point out that he is not the only chap that can fit an E & P system. Mine was fitted at Courtside Conversions, Tiverton in Devon!)

Dave

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
Another vote for SAP. Had mine done in July the attention to detail is impressive. Another owner had theirs fitted in Norfolk, had problems with the remote being dead. I suggested he checked the connector which on mine is next to the fuses by the steering column and simple to check, his was hidden away under the driver's seat and took him ages to find.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Currently having the MA-VE full auto system fitted to my new Bailey 75-2 by GlideRite in Hampshire. The rear jacks are too close to the ground (Bailey has the very low level ALKO chassis). MA-VE in Italy know the problem and are producing some rear jacks especially for the vehicle (ALKO chassis). The system is very similar to the E & P with a control panel mounted inside the vehicle and does all the same tricks as the E & P like a setting for emptying the waste tank, changing wheel, taking the weight off the wheels etc. The unit always deploys two jacks at the same time to avoid chassis twisting. The unit has Bluetooth and there is an ANDROID app available (no extra charge) that acts as a remote. The jacks can be manually retracted without extra equipment. The jacks have stainless steel legs, large footprint bases with drainage holes and power retract. If the hydraulic hoses are cut the jack remains deployed. The unit works out about ÂŁ750 cheaper than the E & P system.

Because of the delay we had to cancel a visit to Highands End Dorset who refused to move the dates to another time (miserable gits) but MA-VE have agreed to re emburse the site fees.

I will let you know if I am happy with the final outcome!!

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
Whilst I am sure Mick (as above) is good at his job I would just like to point out that he is not the only chap that can fit an E & P system. Mine was fitted at Courtside Conversions, Tiverton in Devon!)

Dave
Another recommendation for Courtside Conversions. Very helpful in giving advice and then burying the pump machinery between the floors, which I'm sure involved more work than usual, but with no additional charge beyond that quoted.

OP
OP
Gina M
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Thanks for the advice everyone it's allways a delema when a new product is available, but it also has benefits where products that have no competition have to look at their pricing

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
We have E&P and VB on a van similar to yours. It's very good. The ride has been improved dramatically and also worth considering if you decide on E&P hydraulic jacks in the future, the two work together. Don't think we live too far from you guys. Does your village start with a "B". ?
Thanks for the advice everyone it's allways a delema when a new product is available, but it also has benefits where products that have no competition have to look at their pricing

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gina M
Sep 21, 2016
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
Frankia i740
Exp
since 2007
Hi All
Made my decision going for e&p and dropped the Frankia of at S.a.p this morning and also going for an electric step for the passenger door .

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I wouldn't rush to have levelling from Gliderite. Spend a bit more, if necessary, and buy elsewhere.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes

Dave

Dave, you are of course correct. But he is one of the few who fits to a high engineering standard, I have viewed a few of the installs by other UK installers and not a patch on SAP. Many others do not enclose the hydraulic pipes completely in plastic protective coating and lubricate all the mechanical joints to prevent issues. He is not UK Dealer of the year for the last (I think) 9 years for nothing. I would never consider anyone else.

I think the message is clear when you look at all the forums where people have E&P issues. the advise is almost always, "Give Mick at SAP a call" says it all really.

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Dave, you are of course correct. But he is one of the few who fits to a high engineering standard, I have viewed a few of the installs by other UK installers and not a patch on SAP. Many others do not enclose the hydraulic pipes completely in plastic protective coating and lubricate all the mechanical joints to prevent issues. He is not UK Dealer of the year for the last (I think) 9 years for nothing. I would never consider anyone else.

I think the message is clear when you look at all the forums where people have E&P issues. the advise is almost always, "Give Mick at SAP a call" says it all really.

Unless you are making a criticism of Courtside Conversions I don't see the point of your post. I have no problem with the engineering standard provided by Courtside Conversions, I merely pointed out that SAP is not the only supplier of E & P levelling devices.

I will not be getting into a long discussion about this matter.

Dave

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Unless you are making a criticism of Courtside Conversions I don't see the point of your post. I have no problem with the engineering standard provided by Courtside Conversions, I merely pointed out that SAP is not the only supplier of E & P levelling devices.

I will not be getting into a long discussion about this matter.

Dave

Dave, I was making no criticism of any other installer, merely drawing potential customers attention to the fact that through numerous discussions, internet posts and campsite conversations SAP provide what many see as a higher degree of engineered installation and engineering technical support

Dr. Stewart :)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Currently having the MA-VE full auto system fitted to my new Bailey 75-2 by GlideRite in Hampshire. The rear jacks are too close to the ground (Bailey has the very low level ALKO chassis). MA-VE in Italy know the problem and are producing some rear jacks especially for the vehicle (ALKO chassis). The system is very similar to the E & P with a control panel mounted inside the vehicle and does all the same tricks as the E & P like a setting for emptying the waste tank, changing wheel, taking the weight off the wheels etc. The unit always deploys two jacks at the same time to avoid chassis twisting. The unit has Bluetooth and there is an ANDROID app available (no extra charge) that acts as a remote. The jacks can be manually retracted without extra equipment. The jacks have stainless steel legs, large footprint bases with drainage holes and power retract. If the hydraulic hoses are cut the jack remains deployed. The unit works out about ÂŁ750 cheaper than the E & P system.

I will let you know if I am happy with the final outcome!!

We had our system fitted by Mick at SAP anddue to having full air and levelling our rear jacks had to be slightly shorter to allow ground clearance, it wasnt a problem and caused no delay.
A new software update became available and Mick came over and updated it for me, I have been impressed by Mick.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Micks fittings are a work of art!!
Dr Sue lol

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We had one fitted by Towtal although it was on the van when we bought it.

It was called leveltronic, what a pile of expensive sh1te it was. I saw the invoice from the previous owner who had it fitted, it was thousands, almost 3 grand and don't forget this was fitted 10 years ago.
What a waste of money, they were so unreliable that we stopped using them forever.

Think Leveltronic was discontinued, I am not bleeding surprised.
Wonder if its the same firm/people who are now marketing this and I wonder if in 10 years you will be posting saying''I had a ma-va system fitted by Towtal'' etc

You know the rest of the story.

Last edited:

Korgrocker

Free Member
Jan 22, 2019
Dunfermline
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 285 - 2018
Exp
Since 2013
I had a Ma-Ve system fitted six months ago (July 2018) by the Motorhome Repair Centre in Glasgow. Installation took place over two days and was very professional and without any problems. Have used it on various trips over 5 weeks since. It does what is claimed, though once or twice has needed minor manual "tweaks" just to get the final level exact (wife reckons I'm fussy!). But the convenience of being able to set up camp, motorhome level and connected, in minutes without any hassle is a real boon. We're not getting any younger and getting it up on ramps was always a stressful time. Weight penalty 55Kgs, but don't need the jack anymore.
I looked at E&P but, apart from the higher cost, I couldn't find an installer in Scotland who was prepared to commit to an installation date.

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
My story ended with the MA-VE system removed - a full refund without issue - a lot of wasted journeys and time - E&P fitted by ROSMIA and working perfectly. TOWTAL are the MA-VE importers.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Just like Towtal were the Leveltronic importers, which also was Italian, wondet if it's the same pile of trash we had but with just the name changed.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just like Towtal were the Leveltronic importers, which also was Italian, wondet if it's the same pile of trash we had but with just the name changed.

Hi Paul

Leveltronic is/was an electric motor levelling system where the Ma-Ve system is hydraulic, I know of one funster van with Leveltronic fitted but don’t think they use it.

Martin

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Another vote for Mick n his team at S.A.P. they take extreme care at whatever they fit
First class workmanship

John n Kath

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Must be the only person that hasn't a positive to say about "Mick" then.

Wanted mine serviced as was promised to by the previous owner, FOC who had it fitted less than 6 months before I purchased.
Thought about having such a great reputation and despite living 100s of miles away I would also get my van serviced at the same time both mechanically and habitation.
Sent email with my requirements and plenty of time to book in.
Got an email back thanking me for my inquiry (auto response)
no follow up, tried again, same response.

So I gave up.

What I will say though is that the system works good, is fitted good and along with the front air works a treat. I had a problem with the remote, asked a question on facebook N&B group and low and behold a fitter from SAP gave me the advice I needed to re-tune the remote. Just a shame this man everyone speaks so highly of can't be bothered to answer an email.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Paul

The trouble with Mick is that he is a victim of his own success, the workshop is always busy and that is where he likes to be of course as he is a hands on bloke, when he is not fitting he is trying to sort a problem for somebody and on that front he goes the extra mile.

It's usually his wife that runs the office side of thing now and tries to keep him right, obviously on this occasion he/they failed and yes it is disappointing when people don't respond to e-mails and I can understand your frustration.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back