Self-Levelling Issues (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2018
Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
Buerstner Travel Van
Exp
Not long enough!
I think we've finally decided to take the plunge and get self-levelling fitted to our Travelvan. But what sort, electrical or hydraulic? Which brand? I've read all the existing threads and it seems that hydraulic is the most popular and Doncaster seems to be the place to get it but I'm more than a little perturbed by the numerous reports of E&P rams "dropping". MaVe claim their system has a lock to prevent this. No-one seems to mention the electrical variety which not only appears to be cheaper but presumably is immune to "dropping"; is there a problem with these that I haven't heard about? Most hydraulic systems seem to be in the same ball-park price-wise so how do you choose? What pitfalls should I be looking out for?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Your post does not supply any useful information or advice relative to my question as it does not explain why you chose the E&P system. Instead it is merely offensive. If you can't provide any sensible advice then I suggest you keep your opnions to yourself in future.

I suggest you read rule one of the forum and get yourself a sense of humour. (y) As you said yourself "3 years of mistakes!"

Upvote 2

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
No. Just need you to explain your post

Quite happy with ours.

Not everbody is though. (y) :giggle:

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/shower-leak.228072/

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/design-flaw.228881/

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/burstner-damp-warranty.238666/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 1
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Had E&P fitted by Rosmia at Bolney, Sussex last week, very happy with the jacks and Rosmia.
We also had E&P fitted by Rosmia in June to our 7.5m Pilote. We need to be level to sleep so have replaced the time spent faffing about with ramps and smelly clutch control with a push of a button. It wasnt cheap (£5700) but for us its worth it. I would budget for a set on any future motorhome we may get.

Upvote 1
Mar 1, 2021
Bury st edmunds , suffolk
Funster No
MH
N+b arto
Exp
No guys everyone should be allowed to say what they think .its was the system I was going for if not for the price . I can pick faults in them but not in E and p none that ive seen . If I can find out what people like about any system then we can adapt. I want to help do this and get it right so this ram doesn't change so spare parts are around longer than we are . In my work I had to service a teliscopic ram that was twice my age and british I was so amazed to find I could get the new seals and cup seal off the shelf today .there's nothing magical about hydraulics we just need to keep it simple .Will have mine finished by end of the week coming then happy to get on the road and let you decide your self . BTW no you can't buy from me because I don't work for them im ment to be taking it easy lol

Upvote 1
Mar 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
N+b arto
Exp
Why should you drop something that's tried and tested for something new . I bought one but ive made a point in life not to jump until they cracked it. i know its a good system not one button self leveling so not for every one but its easy to work and understand for me if I don't get any engineers interested then it will stay as it is as installation seem to be the main issue

Upvote 1
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The powers that be have let me get away with it but I did go off on one . But please hpc hydraulic show im wrong

I think I may have found your problem. Do you actually sleep at night? :ROFLMAO:

On a more serious note in answer to the OP, I have HPC levellers for 3 years now and have had no problems with them

Upvote 1
Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Adding to the above endorsements for the HPC hydraulic system, especially when fitted by AS in Warrington. If you search this forum you will also find some evidence of rusting/pitting of the working surface on the hydraulic legs on other systems.

Upvote 0
Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Sorry my enthusiasm got the better of me! We chose E&P as they seemed to be the most popular and we could get them fitted locally which meant I didnt have to use any holiday days travelling and staying over to get them fitted. Not too worried about the dropping issues as it appears to have been a batch issue as far as I can tell.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Blackadder
Oct 12, 2018
Somerset, UK
Funster No
MH
Buerstner Travel Van
Exp
Not long enough!
More than happy with our SAP fitted E&P system.

You can't be to worried about likely problems, after all you bought a Burstner didn't you. :whistle2:

Ooo, touched a nerve have I. :ROFLMAO:

Your post does not supply any useful information or advice relative to my question as it does not explain why you chose the E&P system. Instead it is merely offensive. If you can't provide any sensible advice then I suggest you keep your opnions to yourself in future.

Upvote 0
Mar 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
N+b arto
Exp
Ive a neismann bischoff arto i love it its a 2007 its got most of the gadgets wifi ,maxview tracking satellite sat nav great heating system on paper it was the most logical choice for my first motorhome layout everything but must be honest not the one I went wow at but being engineer logic won over only thing that shocked me was 2007 not that old and I thought being German the way they love paperwork I was surprised to hear a lot of the parts are no longer available. But lucky we have this forum ive made some part on my 3 d printer for my self and others and had some parts made for me as they where making them for them self . It took me 6 months to decide what van and to find one at a good price . I do have levening ramps but ive the sence of direction of a dead homing pigeon I use to hate putting my car up my ramps thats why we have a vehicle lift in the unit lol im a twit and I know it but it makes me laugh aswell . But regardless of what motorhome anyone has if your like me get on the motorway put the Cruise control on then that when my holiday smile starts love it . I've had companies earned good money never had a new car my wife had great cars because I wanted the family safe . But ive had some right old bangers because I'm an engineer and you can count on it that at some time im going to put a bar of steel in it .I remember once I had to write a number down no paper had a nail so scratched it on the van to much of a tramp to have nice things buying the van was very hard its the most money ive ever spent on myself in my life but kids made sure I did lol bless them . I'm off now call with China in 30 mins whoop whoop golf product

Upvote 0
Mar 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
N+b arto
Exp
There are alot of people saying they are happy with e and p and as ive said that was the one I was going for untill I was told price as for a ram dropping all rams should be pressure tested before shipping out . But things fo wrong sometimes its how the company deals with it and how quick they did that really matters e and p is the one that most of you like . If any e and p installation engineer would like to look at this system no names will be given out . But after hearing to night that the installation engineers struggle to earn money out of it thats wrong I know if we all work together we can make this system as good as e and p the rams are there they are as good if not better the hydrulics are the same pipes 2sn that made up of rubber steel rubber steel rubber. Only difference is soft ware and I can help with that I know Ian at c and c he well let you engineers fit it he will not want a contract from you or charge for license hes asking a good price you guys must be charging garage prices at least no one is ever going to have a go st any man asking for a good days pay for a good day work .its a risk yes so come make sure we are getting it right go from being controlled to in control .

Upvote 0
Mar 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
N+b arto
Exp
I read the reviews about e and p rams dropping im shocked its not the installers fault rams only do that if the seals are not doing there job that tells me the dont test there rams being honest ive done some research on them and that I can't believe they charge enough I don't know if they have serial numbers on them I don't know of any ram that can got out under British standards without testing I know c and c hydraulic one are because when I removed the cap it put oil all over my table . There were a few complaint but some time ago ask your engineer if you ram has been tested it will be leaking oil. You engineers it your reputation please ask or rig up airline and check with water and washing up liquid around the rods you don't want a bill for someone's motorhome . But being straight at the moment if you want true self leveling after finding as much as I can I the web e and p has the upper hand . But you guys sold one to India and they are copying it ive bern offers it but they can't beat c and c hydraulics price . Your instructions engineers struggle to make money with out them what do you have . Netherlands is an expensive place to have things made c hydraulics rams are virtually identical to yours for the UK could you not use his rams that looking at my invoice 4 = 1000 and pump =258
Pipes 400
And you do the electronics
I know I can get to your standard and sell at 4k and make money but I don't want to I just want someone from e and p to talk even if its to say foxtrot Oscar
Ma Ve greT system put I would not have it on my motorhome .the problem I have with it is something I've seen in engineering many times but having said that I can not find one single time its happened on there ram if you want to know why pm me but I will not publicly put them down for something that has never happened. Butcas a design engineer if you see a problem you change design. Mif some from that company asks I will be open . But they better know engineering I really liked that system but that one thing put a doubt in my mind because I've seen it happen a few times but e and p all the way but please have a go at the cost dont just lay down let that company know if they don't change I guess we are f##ked

Upvote 0
Mar 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
N+b arto
Exp
These are photos of a British company with skilled engineers and welders making hydraulic rams and every one is tested and stamped can be seen on there web site the factory is not as nice as hpc cutting metal and welding is a messy job please can we see your manufacturing photos or is it a team of design boffins in front of pc,s come on put me in my place 50000 members your customers show them your worth the money and not just more middle men and cutting the men that do the work so its hard to make end meet . This it whats wrong with industry to day we are all being fooled I guess if the installers say anything yoy will take the supply away . Please ma ve if you make your own and have qc like 99.9 of factory's have please show us your photos I will tell you my problem and say nothing epilepsy you and shoot me down at the end I will be honest and hope I can say im wrong .

This reminds me when I went to India to set up some work and I came across one lad stamped made in England all day . They made spades as long as the parts cam here with the handle not attached the company here put them together and one rivet and legally allowed to say made here and I asked the cost it was £3.50 here was £40 famous make pucture of a dog on it I think

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210710-081545_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210710-081545_Chrome.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
Mar 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
N+b arto
Exp
Sorry if I've upset anyone but if you read im asking a question and hope im wrong .I've been in industry along time ive represented companies abroad I said I like there product but after hearing what members have said ive made hydraulic rams if a double acting rams slides out its either the seals or pump but ad the pump is not under power first look at ram . I went over hpc web site and commented on the point they don't claim to make them and they don't say anything about quality control none of the photos show any signs of any manufacturing am I at fault or are they at fault for not showing these things quality control is very important for your you and your family . . I have said I hope im wrong and if ive upset someone by asking if they make it them selfs sorry the whole point is to push them to give you all better value im not saying any more its up to the moderator to decide if my intention was disrespectful or a search for the truth . Yes im a blunt old boy but engineering is my life and im proud of it
Pm me tell where im wrong and I will publicly apologise and retract that statement. No one knows it all .and I will be the first to say yes im wrong

Upvote 0
Mar 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
N+b arto
Exp
Okay first bit is a bit stong and blunt but to put that in as I understand i have seen a few members state they are having the hpc fitted by e and p as I understand that they believe they are buy a system manufactured buy hpc dont get me wrong I like that system, the next issue is members saying rams where drifting out . I've made rams thats seals a rubber seal my honest question and a reasonable one was do you make them and quality test before sending out . I was wrong to say are you just designing and basically I went off on one . Because I really liked that system and understood they made it so sorry for calling them penny pinching what ever but that was my disappointment. my question still stands to them do you make this product or have it made do they test them . I would not be happy to find out I paid top money but them found out there is no qc I find it hard to believe myself but on your own website you state design and plan production loads of amazing stuf but for me you never state anything about manufacturing or quality control . Its an observation not a slur youve some great photos of your unit but no manufacturing plant. I was straight in your defence a bout rams moving but I felt a fool when I looked harder .

Upvote 0
Mar 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
N+b arto
Exp
I do public apologise for the direct way ive wrote some bits on here there is a question to be asked may be someone with a bit more diplomacy can have a go . I'm pasonate about engineering and am sometimes blunt .I am upset because I wrote I liked that system and feel the question need to be answered qc and manufacturers. Sorry to e and p and hpc I should give time before I go off on one .Still hope im wrong

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back