Self fitting reversing cameras? (1 Viewer)

lilacben

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
wellington. somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone has ever bought this for there motorhome...... Broken Link Removed
I have bought one but my husband is not sure how to fit it.? it says it is wireless which really is a bit silly because there are wires and he is worried about drilling holes for the wires ect. Has anyone else put one on themselves.? Thankyou

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi never fitted a wireless one but even the wireless one will need power to camera and monitor so some wiring has to be done . The only thing that wireless implies is you don't have to run a cable from camera to monitor..
Camera will have a transmitter close by and monitor will have a receiver..
Have a Google and look on YouTube if you don't get anyone along to help..
Ta Andy.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
The wireless aspect just refers to there being no physical link between the camera and the monitor. You will still have to drill holes in your van though and find two power supplies instead of just the one you need with a wired system :(
I fitted a wired one as I think some of the wireless ones can suffer from interference, especially on longer vans. If your hubby's not that confident about drilling holes (and sealing them correctly ) I would try and get a refund and get someone to supply and fit it for you. John's Cross and @eddievanbitz on here will do it and offer Funster discount.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I bought a wireless camera off EBay, took it to a local garage and mechanic there fitted it for me. There had been a wired one in place that had failed so maybe he didn't have to do any further drilling. The wireless one worked perfectly.

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
Hi. I bought and fitted a wireless reversing camera a little while ago, and had no real problems. Fitting is simple - just piggy-back an earth and a reversing light wire at the rear, and an ignition feed and earth at the front - you will need a wiring diagram to find the colours of the wires you want, then a rag to clean up under the van to see the colours! I didn't want to penetrate the habitation module skin (reversing cameras are, apparently, best mounted high), so I screwed it just above the number plate, and it works fine. Wireless is not perfect, but perfectly adequate for reversing.

OP
OP
L

lilacben

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
wellington. somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ok well thankyou to each and everyone.. that was very interesting to read and Bill has decided he w ill give it a go... not sure if he will drill holes or do as you said JFD and put it above the numberplate. x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back