Free Member
Jun 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
3yrs
Hello,
We've been using Brentacre for insurance during the last 12 months including the conversion. I'm quite happy with them but on renewal they are changing 90 days a year in the EU to 30 which might not be enough, as ideally we'll go for 2x 16/17 days.
The van is never going to qualify for the new DVLA rules regarding appearance but has the required internals.
I'm sure we aren't the only ones in this position so I'd be very grateful for your recommendations.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I recommend Adrian Flux too...

They will arrange insurance for a bicycle powered by a Jumbo Jet engine with or without a fitted parachute for extra braking...

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Advance Insurance were very helpful when we had our PVC conversion.
Now changed to a coach built, but still with them.

After being well and truly being shafted by Adrian Flux, I would not p*ss on them if they were on fire.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bikevanhappy

Bikevanhappy

Free Member
Jun 24, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
3yrs
After being well and truly being shafted by Adrian Flux, I would not p*ss on them if they were on fire.
Thank you, can I ask if this was as part of a claim? Or just general uselessness?

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I was let down big time by Adrian Flux and would not use them again.I moved over to them as they said they would give me a green card for Morocco, i just had to give the dates when going. I called them with my dates for Morocco before i left for Spain and was told my policy didn't issue a green card for Morocco.I told them to check the telephone recording and after doing so their response was you ask about Morocco when you called for a quote but didn't confirm it when you took out the policy. My reply was i took out the policy using the reference number you gave me from the quote!! Oh! we can do a green card but it will cost £480 for the three month trip , you can guess my reply!!! will never use them again.
now back with C&CC ,no Morocco cover but not going there next year.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Thank you, can I ask if this was as part of a claim? Or just general uselessness?
As with a lot of companies, they are okay while everything is going along smoothly, but the test is when the sh*t hits the fan.

I had a not at fault claim for which Adrian Flux increased my premium as I though at the time the claim was still being processed and not settled, but in fact the case was closed before my renewal was due.
They also increased my wife's premium on her car as she was a named driver on my policy.
After a few months of phone calls and not having the case file to hand, with the usual ring back and the person who is dealing with it is not in the office today, I was finally informed that the case was agreed as a no fault claim before my renewal was due, so I wanted a refund for the increased amount we had been charged on both policies.
To cut a long story short, it took neatly a year of being fobbed off with excuses and they only paid up when I threatens them with the ombudsman.

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
I always find it funny that you take our insurance to protect against accident etc, but as soon as you have a claim they hike the premium!

To my mind that's the point of insurance. That it pays out in case of claim not we'll now hike your premium!

Cheers James

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I always find it funny that you take our insurance to protect against accident etc, but as soon as you have a claim they hike the premium!

To my mind that's the point of insurance. That it pays out in case of claim not we'll now hike your premium!

Cheers James
Thats the common belief but in truth you take out insurance because you are legally required to do so ....and the insurance companies know that.
All the other stuff is just incentives to choose them over someone else.

Most of them are crap when you actually need them ...

They would love it if you bought the vehicle and never used it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back