LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Dazzer :Eeek: sell the truck :Eeek::Eeek::ROFLMAO: IF you can :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
ONLY joking
Make the body so that it sits inside the back with the tailgate down and you can use the height of the base to give you the height of your bed (if you understand my meaning) About 7 ft 6 ins wide is the maximum but that may look a little wide fitted to the truck ????????
If already on about selling it on then do a proper job inside or you will never get your money back.You should always be able to get the value of your truck and the cost of parts put into it :thumb:But if not done nicely you will loose big time barely getting the cost of the truck :ROFLMAO::cry::thumb:
terry
PS could the jacks be incorporated into the inside of the build with just the jacking handel point visible ??

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Dazzer

I presume you've looked at this site ..but if not.. might be useful for dimensions, layouts etc

Link Removed

Jim

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi Terry.

I have found jacks that will fit into 2" x 2" ali box section on the corners which will look really neat. The inside finish will be far better than any caravan (im a bit of a perfectionist!!).

The truck is actually 6` 10" wide at the rear wheel flared arches so 7` 6" wide will be fine :thumb:. USA trucks seem to be about 6" wider between the wheel arches than the Jap Crap attempts so im in a bit of a quandry about the size to make it.

An extra 6" width in something so small is a LOT but if i make it that size the chances of selling it later on are pretty slim as it wont fit Euro trucks :Sad::cry:. I guess ive got to ask myself if im building it for me or for the next potential owner :Doh:

Hi Jim

Thanks for that but i have been on that site already. The sizes are really helpful though and give me an idea of roughly what to aim for :thumb: and the finished weight. I think it will end up been about 10 feet long on the base with the cab up front another 6` 6" so about 17 feet (5.2m) overall :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tink

Free Member
Sep 9, 2008
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5ver
Exp
30 on & off
Dazzer be carefull if using hand crank legs make sure you have someone winding both front legs then both rear legs at same speed or you will spring joints (no matter how well you build it):cry::thumb:

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Dazzer be carefull if using hand crank legs make sure you have someone winding both front legs then both rear legs at same speed or you will spring joints (no matter how well you build it):cry::thumb:

Thanks for that ill keep it in mind :thumb:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Why bother going to all that trouble when you could just buy a caravan? :roflmto:
If you go for something like this, you could leave the Lightning at home :winky:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UCZF_UnG10]YouTube - Caravan with Renault 1.4 turbo engine[/ame]

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi Dazzer,,, If you go on e.bay,, American RV`s,, there is a guy selling a shed load of spares for an rv.. windows/heater parts,, allsorts for the poultry sum of £5... buy it now..

Seems strange as there is so much it seems to good to be true,, but might be worth e.mailing him and asking a few questions..

Unless I got me wires crossed and it is only for one window/ or item.. :Doh:

Think it finishes in the next day or so, unless it`s gone already, might be worth a shot.. :thumb:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Dazzer,,, If you go on e.bay,, American RV`s,, there is a guy selling a shed load of spares for an rv.. windows/heater parts,, allsorts for the poultry sum of £5... buy it now..

Seems strange as there is so much it seems to good to be true,, but might be worth e.mailing him and asking a few questions..

Unless I got me wires crossed and it is only for one window/ or item.. :Doh:

Think it finishes in the next day or so, unless it`s gone already, might be worth a shot.. :thumb:

If its the one I'm thinking of Mo, he's been running the same "auction" for several months.......all is not quite what it seems methinks :winky:
However, if he really wants to offload his entire stock for a fiver, I'm off outside to warm up the truck! :roflmto:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
If its the one I'm thinking of Mo, he's been running the same "auction" for several months.......all is not quite what it seems methinks :winky:
However, if he really wants to offload his entire stock for a fiver, I'm off outside to warm up the truck! :roflmto:

I thought it was a lot of gear for a fiver,, He might just be thick :winky:

If I remember rightly he has a few feedbacks,, might be worth asking him a few questions.. Praps his misses has said either some of that gear goes or I do.. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
dazzer

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Went to have a look at Apollo motorhomes yesterday in Oldham who make demounts.

Why are they so expensive??? (Not Apollo but demounts in general) :Eeek:

Have to say i wasnt overly impressed with build quality and finish, looked nice at first glance but when you dig a little deeper its all a bit "Heath Robinson" (I think thats the phrase my Grandad always used to use :ROFLMAO:), whoever he is/was :Eeek::Doh:

The jack legs look like something cobbled together from a few bits of scaffold tubes. When you look at how the Yanks build em there is no comparison.:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back