Rally Chat Self-Build Campervan Roundtable? (1 Viewer)

Would you be interested in participating in a Van Roundtable Day?

• Yes, sounds like it would be absolutely brilliant.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, maybe in future, but probably not right now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, not my kind of thing.

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RollinghomeFeta

Free Member
Oct 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Long time camper, but still building the van
Hello all,
Being 87% through with my campervan now, think it would be a good craic to have a day meet up with other self-builders in a more structured way to meet in person, help each other out, and encourage those considering campervan self-building.

Was thinking of a mid-October date to get the last of the season, probably a Saturday
-Mid am to 1:00-ish Bring and Buy
-1:30 - 4:00 Van open house - a bit of 'staging' to have a nosey at others builds (even the just started or in progress ones) have a little chat and a meet
-4:30 - 6:30 Van Roundtable brainstorm - using a group facilitation model similar to the 'Mastermind' ones people would sign up beforehand and those people would get a few minutes to talk about their query, then a few minutes for the participants to ask clarification questions and then a few minutes for people to give suggestions.
-Evening - stick around and camp or those who have come just for the day can head off

Would anyone here be interested in an event like that? I like all the various forums and Facebook groups (and have undoubtedly seen many of you there) but also would like to talk vans in real time, as well as provide a bridge for some potential van builders to have a forum to talk to people who have been there.

And if you are interested - any suggestions for a cheap site appreciated in middle-ish of England (think will have to have toilets as some will come without vans) would be much appreciated. Thank you to everyone who responds!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back