sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
We are out in Spain and find the side windows are not practical when there is hot sun, the only relief is to pull up the black out blind which then eliminates ventilation. We had window awnings on the RV which were great but even if they were available I would not fit and mutilate my beautiful side panels. I have seen some people covering the window, when it is open, with various bit of cloth, which looks tacky. I have googled and found that there are some Dometic covers but they seem very expensive and I cannot see how they attach. Has anyone got these and can explain how they fit to the window, and has anyone a source for better priced solutions? Thanks.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
While in France this summer I used a car window silver sun shade ,

like this, held in place with clothes pegs around the edge ...
81c6bD0G4%2BL._SX522_.jpg

was planning on making bespoke .. and use elastic to hold in place.. not got round to it yet ..

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Michael, I can't find how they fit either but I guess just hook around the top corner. All we do in the sun is pull the blinds on the sunny side and leave them open a bit on the shade side with the window open as well and then set the powered roof vent to suck out of the van and we find that inside is only about 1 or 2 degree warmer than the outside shade temperature.

I saw a Euro van a couple of weeks ago with the window awnings on, looked different, don't think I would bother either.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back