Security within your vans (1 Viewer)

Jun 1, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
On and off since 1990
Both of my sons use man bags, seemed a natural progression from school/uni bags.

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Use it why don't you... Think men bags are great and like pink shirts are used by men who are
confident of their masculinity .... don't have to prove anything.

Interestingly I think the main reason I don't use it at home is because I don't need it. What I need can be fitted in my pockets at home and I don't walk as much either.

I wear pink shirts..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Camper

The Camper

Free Member
May 3, 2014
ex/Rochdale now fulltiming
Funster No
MH
Hymer 614sl
Exp
Since 2000
I thought that I would update this post with a now more ‘experienced’ view.

When I asked the question about security I was in effect trying to prepare for what was a life changing situation, our house was being sold and we were about to go full timing in a motor home.

We part exed our Auto sleeper Talisman for a 7.3mtr Hymer and needed a little piece of mind that our valuables were as safe as we could make them. We bought an MOT day safe and bolted it down inside the garage in an ‘awkward’ position. I never leave the garage unlocked and it is out of site with the door open. It gives me some piece of mind that it isn’t going to disappear to an opportunistic scumbag. If it does get taken then they would have to work pretty hard for it.

We are at present sat in the comparative warmth of Southern Spain at a campsite called Camper Area at Campello Beach after driving down to Dover from Rochdale and then over to Calais and down through France.

My biggest observation about safety is common sense, some of the aires we stopped on in France were – while being really nice were quiet (only us there) so we didn’t feel confident going out for a long walk. The place we are at now is fenced in and reasonably secure, people on here leave their bikes out overnight including electric bikes (are they being too complacent?).

My last comment is an old saying ‘trust every one – but all ways cut the cards’ (y)

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Sounds like you are having a good trip. When Sue and I travelled back through France using Aires, we stayed on some really great and safe-feeling Aires, and one or two which like yours, felt not quite so safe! Having said that, our fears were groundless! Enjoy.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
_86827985_scotland.jpg
Use it why don't you... Think men bags are great and like pink shirts are used by men who are
confident of their masculinity .... don't have to prove anything.
Man bag fine.....pink shirt = Scottish football fashion disaster :doh:

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Or both ! :)

& a fat lot of use that lot are. If a copper/Guardia/Gendarme said that to me I'd be carted off as I'd slap them that hard !:mad:
Someone please explain to me how most of these happen on toll roads ?? Theoretically they are trapped on them so should be easy to follow on the cctv & track down, yet it goes on & on & on.Year after year.
I've always used protection on my vehicles to prevent them breaking in firstly, but to delay them that extra moment that might allow me to return, catch them in the act & remove them from this earth forever. (y)

Are you available for a bit of work! I know a few people that need removing:punch::punch:

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
I wouldn't worry about it too much as criminals are mobile and can target any area not just 'dodgy' ones!

Sensible precautions such as keeping all valuable out of view, securing all doors and windows and having a alarm/flashing led are a good idea

It's extremely easy to break into most people's houses and in the main we only follow the above precautions yet we don't imprison ourselves in our homes for fear of break-ins......why let your motorhome be any different??

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I thought that I would update this post with a now more ‘experienced’ view.

When I asked the question about security I was in effect trying to prepare for what was a life changing situation, our house was being sold and we were about to go full timing in a motor home.

We part exed our Auto sleeper Talisman for a 7.3mtr Hymer and needed a little piece of mind that our valuables were as safe as we could make them. We bought an MOT day safe and bolted it down inside the garage in an ‘awkward’ position. I never leave the garage unlocked and it is out of site with the door open. It gives me some piece of mind that it isn’t going to disappear to an opportunistic scumbag. If it does get taken then they would have to work pretty hard for it.

We are at present sat in the comparative warmth of Southern Spain at a campsite called Camper Area at Campello Beach after driving down to Dover from Rochdale and then over to Calais and down through France.

My biggest observation about safety is common sense, some of the aires we stopped on in France were – while being really nice were quiet (only us there) so we didn’t feel confident going out for a long walk. The place we are at now is fenced in and reasonably secure, people on here leave their bikes out overnight including electric bikes (are they being too complacent?).

My last comment is an old saying ‘trust every one – but all ways cut the cards’ (y)
Camper Area at Campello Beach is a nice spot, good, clean facilities and close to shops and the walk along the promenade is a good leg stretch. We were there earlier this year. Owned by a friendly French lady. We took the train for a day trip to Benidorm - which was an eye-opener! :)

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
Camper Area at Campello Beach is a nice spot, good, clean facilities and close to shops and the walk along the promenade is a good leg stretch. We were there earlier this year. Owned by a friendly French lady. We took the train for a day trip to Benidorm - which was an eye-opener! :)
must have seen sticky vicky:LOL::LOL:;):censored::ROFLMAO:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I thought that in most countries in Europe you needed to carry I.D. and the only I.D. that all brits have when abroad is their passport...We always carry them on our person and never leave them in the van...BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back