Security locks (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2014
Winnersh
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Since 2014
Thought I would mention this company based in Kegworth Derbyshire. Dead locks fitted, CATLOC fitted and just lovely chaps.
Business busy they do lots of Motorhomes

KPM

Free Member
Jan 31, 2022
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
since September 2019
I used Ed- locks of Loughborough to fit pro plate to drivers plastic door handle on DUCATO as well as a high security hook lock dead lock to both cab doors. Superb job and others have commented on this extra detergent as a great extra level of detergent. Would highly recommend. You even get a maintenance pack at the end. Nice touch.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
On Thursday I saw a chap unlock his deadlock, usher his wife into the van then relock the deadlock. I asked what would happen in the event of an accident and he said that she could get out of the other door.

I told him that the other door might be blocked and he accepted the problem and unlocked the deadlock. Please consider this when you use them.

Gordon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
on this extra detergent as a great extra level of detergent

Does it kill Covid-19 - sorry I could not wash over it:LOL:

Jul 24, 2009
Summer in UK, then NZ
Funster No
MH
Cabover
Exp
Since 2002
Are all these super locks really a deterrent? Both our mhs had definitely been broken into before we owned them. Screwdriver marks on the windows. Those are surely the weakest point? To be honest, we had a burglary at home some years ago. We have good sound doors and windows - so they took the tiles off the roof and came in that way!! If they are determined, they will get in.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
On Thursday I saw a chap unlock his deadlock, usher his wife into the van then relock the deadlock. I asked what would happen in the event of an accident and he said that she could get out of the other door.

I told him that the other door might be blocked and he accepted the problem and unlocked the deadlock. Please consider this when you use them.

Gordon
Some deadlocks open from the inside without a key for safety, speak to Paul at motorhomelocks.co.uk he fitted mine for me.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Or possibly deterrent BUT correcting spelling is against the ethos of the forum. ;)

Good clean fun is permitted.

Gordon

KPM

Free Member
Jan 31, 2022
Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 788
Exp
since September 2019
Sorry about the typo, seems to happen now and then , apologies but you knew what I meant , I hope. Our hooklocks can only be locked / unlocked from the outside. So we only use them when we are not in the van , this is the sensible approach. Our Ducato will not activate its original deadlocks despite enquiring with the dealer , apparently not set up that way in the factory! But that's another story. Yes we would always want to be able to escape quickly should the need arise .

Jul 2, 2017
Seagrave Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A CLASS HYMER B698
Exp
15 years
Thought I would mention this company based in Kegworth Derbyshire. Dead locks fitted, CATLOC fitted and just lovely chaps.
Business busy they do lots of Motorhomes

Had Edlock fit dead 💀 locks to our HYMER last year brilliant company came to where we live did a fantastic job and price we thought was very fair the young man was very helpful and we would recommend them linda&jeff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back