Jun 22, 2015
lancs
Funster No
MH
carthago 5.8 c line
Exp
since 2006
hi all
Does anyone know of a home security camera thats actually rings your phone or texts you when its activated instead of just sending you an alert ?

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Ring gives you a loud notification if it detects movement and if you pay the monthly fee, records it for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Ring gives you a loud notification if it detects movement and if you pay the monthly fee, records it for you.
Sometimes these devices fail to push through the notification to your phone if it's in sleep mode or such. I have the EZVIZ camera and if I haven't been using my phone for a bit I will only get the notifications when I use it and 'wake it up'.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Sometimes these devices fail to push through the notification to your phone if it's in sleep mode or such. I have the EZVIZ camera and if I haven't been using my phone for a bit I will only get the notifications when I use it and 'wake it up'.

I suppose the question is, why would I want to know if there is movement from an animal in the middle of the night?

Though I accept, if it was someone coming to rob my motorhome I would really want to be woken up. :)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I suppose the question is, why would I want to know if there is movement from an animal in the middle of the night?

Though I accept, if it was someone coming to rob my motorhome I would really want to be woken up. :)
You can tweak the sensitivity on them and you can also change the area of the picture feed that you want the motion sensor to be active in. For example I have blanked out the area on mine where there is a tree so that every time the branches blow I don't get an alert.

After a bit of tweaking it I rarely get a false alert so wouldn't be too bothered if I got woken up by it.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
You can tweak the sensitivity on them and you can also change the area of the picture feed that you want the motion sensor to be active in. For example I have blanked out the area on mine where there is a tree so that every time the branches blow I don't get an alert.

After a bit of tweaking it I rarely get a false alert so wouldn't be too bothered if I got woken up by it.
I have the ez viz too ad like the ability to be able to talk via the cam speaker and tell any scallies to P** off and the ability to make it sound the siren

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I have the ez viz too ad like the ability to be able to talk via the cam speaker and tell any scallies to P** off and the ability to make it sound the siren
Ooh I didn't know it has a siren. Could have some fun with that :LOL:

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
We have a Swann home security camera system. It emails alerts. Configurable as to what alerts it notifies. Also allows us to view live and recordings remotely on phone/tablets.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
hi all
Does anyone know of a home security camera thats actually rings your phone or texts you when its activated instead of just sending you an alert ?
Ring does this I get movement alerts and for a couple of key cameras I get motion detection audio alerts(from inside the motorhome and Garage) and yes all connected to the home wifi

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
Hikvision

https://www.hikvision.com/content/dam/hikvision/en/support/how-to/how-to-document/alarm-products/【2003】DS-PWA32-How-to-Configure-Alarm-Notifications-to-Mobile-Phone-SMS-or-Voice-call.pdf

OP
OP
Z
Jun 22, 2015
lancs
Funster No
MH
carthago 5.8 c line
Exp
since 2006
what I'm looking for is a camera on the house that will ring me to wake me up....a single ping notification doesn't do it these days.....animals are not a problem and when everything is locked up at night any person near the van should not be there

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Our imou Ranger 2 camera records when it sees movement but I only get a notification when it sees a human, works well 👍

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Have you found one that resets itself after a power outage or wifi interruption

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I use a combination of Swann, true detect, with flood, so gives full colour in darkness. CamíHi Poe cameras and a Pyronix Enforcer Alarm. All backed up by an UPS system

They all rely on a reliable internet system. I should of connected the Alarm using a GSM module rather than WiFi.

if two conditions are met of the three, alarm and camera alert. I know there is an issue

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Have you found one that resets itself after a power outage or wifi interruption
Ring does this, the alarm box and keypads have self powered batteries the main box has a sim in it so of you loose internet it’s still connected, look at the cameras some are battery some can have solar to charge the battery some are mains some have Ethernet connection. You can also change the type of alert and sensitivity eg ignore Animal’s and set the area you look at.

The reality is all this stuff is ok but it’s never going to stop something being nicked but like van security the harder you make it the criminal will probably opt for a softer target 🎯

Last edited:

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I use a combination of Swann, true detect, with flood, so gives full colour in darkness. CamíHi Poe cameras and a Pyronix Enforcer Alarm. All backed up by an UPS system

They all rely on a reliable internet system. I should of connected the Alarm using a GSM module rather than WiFi.

if two conditions are met of the three, alarm and camera alert. I know there is an issue
Sounds like they all do much of the same I guess you choose the brand you want. But like apple, Google or Alexa

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
Maybe things have improved, but my system (several cameras) generates far too many alerts for me to be interested. The alerts are useful when going back in time to skip to the 'quiet' periods. You can spend hours, otherwise, trying to find what happened (all data stored on a DVR).
I'm no longer sure about CCTV. The cameras probably deter some from coming here but the police are not interested (only issuing a crime number for an insurance claim). CCTV provides a degree of comfort, to be able to see that everything is still there, but I don't think I could do much if broken into and would rather tidy up on return than cut an outing short (should we ever get the opportunity again).

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
hi all
Ring alarm. It can ring up to 3 different numbers. We have fitted it and we know it works when it accidently went off recently. My mobile phone rang within 5 seconds.

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
what I'm looking for is a camera on the house that will ring me to wake me up....a single ping notification doesn't do it these days.....animals are not a problem and when everything is locked up at night any person near the van should not be there

I’m installing new camera types this week (should be Tuesday) if all the cables are in by then, they should do exactly what you want.

After install and testing I’ll come back to you with the results.

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
You could also use IFTTT https://ifttt.com/ to turn your inbound SMS or notification into another action - such as okay a ringtone etc.

So you could buy a cheap IP Camera that generates a text or notification and then use IFTTT to play a sound / ringtone / tune.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back